shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinoff: What Song Are You Walking Down the Aisle To?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am having a guitarist/singer play at my wedding. The processional will be an arrangement of the Notre Dame Victory March (my Dad and I are faithful ND fans and have been watching games together for as long as I can remember; but I wasn''t driven enough to get in...stupid me!). The recessional will be When I''m 64" by The Beatles.

amyg

Shiny_Rock
I''m walking to Loving yu Forever by Carole King, my girls are walking to At Last by Etta James, and the recessional will be to It Had to be You by Harry Connick jr. And it''s on Saturday!!! Only 4 days to go!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly--Are you from South Bend IN or close by? I live within walking distance of ND.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
No Island, I''m not. I live in San Diego, CA. I come from a long line of Irish Catholics on my Dad''s side and we just have always shared a love of ND and their team.

The first trip my fiance, John, and I went on he took my to Chicago and we drove to South Bend for a day. Campus was closed (it was August) and we spent the day just wandering around; it was a wonderful experience. We were supposed to go back with my parents this fall for a game but there is so much going on between the wedding and my return to school that we just won''t be able to. Next year.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s too early to decide for sure, but right now I''m thinking about walking to "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love that song EBree. I used to listen to James Taylor every morning while getting ready for work (I moved from a house to a condo and could no longer get away with the loud music in the morning, my neighbors would have killed me).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 11:32:25 AM
Author: KimberlyH
I absolutely love that song EBree. I used to listen to James Taylor every morning while getting ready for work (I moved from a house to a condo and could no longer get away with the loud music in the morning, my neighbors would have killed me).

Me too, Kim! My parents have played James Taylor for me since I was a baby; he's pretty special to all of us. When thinking of what I'd walk down the aisle to, I knew I wanted it to be different and fun, something people wouldn't expect a string trio to play! It just fits too perfectly.

For the seating music, I was thinking about "In My Life" by the Beatles.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Although it didn''t happen, a friend of mine was going to walk down the aisle to ''Isn''t She Lovely'' by Stevie Wonder. I might just have to steal the idea...

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I''m walking down the aisle to Jesu, Joy of Man''s Desiring played by my organist, and hopefully the recessional will be the Royal Fireworks Music: The Rejoicing by Handel.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Our best man played the sax during the processional, but I have no idea what he played; I think an African composition, but it sounded classical to me. We asked him to pick music he liked, and I didn''t want to hear it until the wedding. He did a great job.

Our recessional was on MP3, Barry White, "You''re the first, the last, my everything." It was fun!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh cool,
keep em coming ladies, I''ll keep checking! I like the idea of James Taylor....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Tybee,

My friend is planning on walking down the aisle to "Here Comes The Sun", by the Beatles (she's not even engaged, but she claimed the song
3.gif
) . I thought it was such a cute idea!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!
Going to run this one by FI,
oooooh, I love it!

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
Walked in to Bette Midler''s ''The Rose'', walked out to ''The lion sleeps tonight'' by the Tokens.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
We''re using "Je t''aimais, je t''aime, et je t''aimerai" by Francis Cabral for my walk down the aisle -- beautiful song, and the sentiment "I loved you, I love you, I will love you" is just so perfect!
1.gif
And it''s got meaning for us, which makes it all the better!

And for when we walk out as husband and wife ... hmmm, still figuring this one out. This thread got me thinking about it actually -- I hadn''t even given it a thought before this! I stumbled upon "Give Me a Kiss (Just One Sweet Kiss)" by Van Morrison, and I think that''s really fun -- upbeat and lyrics are really sweet
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
we were pretty traditional, I think the bridal party walked down the Jesu joy of man''s desiring, and I walked down to canon in D. I have always loved canon since I was little. It sounded very nice on the acoustic guitar.

recessional was the Cal Fight song.
9.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 5:44:45 PM
Author: EBree
Tybee,

My friend is planning on walking down the aisle to ''Here Comes The Sun'', by the Beatles (she''s not even engaged, but she claimed the song
3.gif
) . I thought it was such a cute idea!
Ohmigosh, I just suggested this in another post! I''m using it for the wedding party''s processional (in a classical guitar version) and think it would be perfect for the bride''s walk. I may use "Michelle" for my walk as it''s my name song, it''s what the doctor sang as he delivered me, and I''ve been sung that song my entire life but I''m not 100% certain, and I''m definitely using my all-time favorite song, "All You Need is Love", for our recessional. All in classical guitar. I get to pick the ceremony music and my fiancee'', a former DJ, gets to pick all the songs at the reception (we''re asking for input from each other, though, of course!)

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Color My World by Chicago; just like my mother did.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,
Here''s what we think so far...

My Girls will walk down the aisle to The Girl From Impa Nima (a cheesy favorite of all of us... especially the BMS)
Me--- perhaps Here Comes the Sun
The Recesional-- Linus and Lucy, you know, the classic Charlie Brown music?
Mind you, all of this will be played on steel drums, makes me laugh just to think of it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 5:36:46 PM
Author: Tybee
Okay,

Here''s what we think so far...

My Girls will walk down the aisle to The Girl From Impa Nima (a cheesy favorite of all of us... especially the BMS)

Me--- perhaps Here Comes the Sun

The Recesional-- Linus and Lucy, you know, the classic Charlie Brown music?

Mind you, all of this will be played on steel drums, makes me laugh just to think of it!

Yay for the Beatles!

My Bridal Party and I continued with the tradition that my Mother started in 1974 - and all 5 of her sisters, and now her older daughter have carried on. My bridal party walked to The Beatles "Yesterday" which blended straight into "Here, There, and Everywhere", which I walked down the aisle to.

But our recessional was - Chicago - You''re the Inspiration.
9.gif

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gals....
I''m thinking of walking down the aisle to the song from the Wedding Singer, "Grow Old With Me", sung by Adam Sandler!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 2:31:26 AM
Author: InLuvWithMrH
Hi Gals....

I''m thinking of walking down the aisle to the song from the Wedding Singer, ''Grow Old With Me'', sung by Adam Sandler!

Now, that is an awesome idea! I can''t make it through that whole song without tearing up, though. Best of luck to you making down the aisle without shedding a tear.
2.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 10:37:18 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 7/1/2006 2:31:26 AM
Author: InLuvWithMrH
Hi Gals....

I''m thinking of walking down the aisle to the song from the Wedding Singer, ''Grow Old With Me'', sung by Adam Sandler!

Now, that is an awesome idea! I can''t make it through that whole song without tearing up, though. Best of luck to you making down the aisle without shedding a tear.
2.gif
That''s our first dance song!! I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results