shape
carat
color
clarity

Spence Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What are peoples'' experiences with Spence Diamonds? I''m sure the Canadians will be able to help.

Thanks

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Oddoneout!
35.gif

Several months ago, I had a positive experience with Spence. I shared my diamond knowledge with them and clearly articulated what it was we were seeking (my friend was looking for an oval diamond) and was pleasantly surprised when they met us at our level.

I suppose that with any sales type relationship it depends greatly on the actual individual with which you are dealing. The gentlemen we had the good fortune to encounter was knowledgeable and read us accurately and knew only to bring us the diamonds of interest to us.

I was pleasantly surprised that he was willing to and interested in talking diamond "numbers" with us and knew what he was talking about. Try doing this with some of the unfortunate under educated staff that some other jewelry stores choose to offer to their clients ... Frustrating.

This being said, several years ago I went into Spence and had a much different experience. We were just "looking" and didn''t have any specific questions or interests and ended up being prey for a sales associated. They attempted to give us the hard sell but didn''t actually show us anything to justify it. We couldn''t wait to get out of there.

In summary, definitely worth a visit, if only to view some diamonds in real life, gain some knowledge and discern some individual preferences - color, for example, to make you more comfortable with purchasing online, if that is something you are interested in pursuing. Also, given that you connect with the right sales associate, it may be a great diamond buying experience for you.

Plus - The do carry AGS & GIA graded diamonds, whereas many of the other places up here may not. Ask to see AGS & GIA graded "O" or "ideal" diamonds.
31.gif
and compare them against the appearance of diamonds that are less well cut.

I hope that that helps! Have fun!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a lot. So it is worth the visit even just to look?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results