shape
carat
color
clarity

Special occation or holiday jewelry.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Do you reserve certain jewelry in your collection to wear only on certain holidays or special occasions? I have a 18 karat eagle that gets worn on the fourth of July and then is put back in its box til that holiday rolls around.When going to a friends birthday party i wear jewelry that i received on my birthday from the friend having the birthday.At family reunions i wear family heirlooms or gifts from my parents.When im at work ,i wear jewelry that was given to me by former managers ,co-workers or store owners.Do you do the same thing when it come to picking out what jewelry you will wear that day or on a special occasion?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I used to. Had "big custom" pieces only worn for "holidays" "special parties"...etc. I found over the years that I had forgotten all the reasons I had them made to begin with: moreover most of it really did not fit in with my "current asthetic" and, really, I just could not wear it all. Hence, in the last three years I have culled my jewellery collection and kept the branded and perhaps more modest pieces (exception ER and eternity ring), heirlooms and estate items that can not be replaced. I have a gold bracelet of my Mother's I cherish and wear it all the time. I have added only branded items/mostly colored gems and pearls and will never have the scope of stuff I once did--thank goodness! :halo:

cheers--Sharon

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, definitely. I have two heirloom pieces, a ring and a necklace, one from each of my grandmothers. They are on the fragil side, and I save them for special occasions like weddings.
Then there are pieces that were gifts, and I make sure to wear them sometimes when I am going to be seeing the gift giver.
I tend to wear heart jewelry near Valentine's day, Claddaughs near St. Patricks day and a tree pendant in December and my crosses near Christmas and Easter.
Other than the heirlooms and the christmas tree pendant, I wear the rest whenever I want, but wear them more around the time of the associated holidays.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Well, I only have a few pieces so I can't really save some for special occasions or I'd never wear anything! One day, maybe... :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results