shape
carat
color
clarity

Special Diamond RHR—which finger??

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
So I know that which finger one wears a ring on really just comes down to a matter of personal preference, but I am hoping to hear thoughts on how you would decide where to wear diamond RHR that is a significant upgrade to what you’re used to?

Specifics: if we pull the trigger on the big birthday ring, we will need to tell them right away how we want it resized while we’re still in town to pick it up. These are my thoughts:

My ring finger is a 5, and the stone is over 10 mm, so I think the ring will look more at home on my index or middle fingers which are are 6.5, and 6, respectively.

I think i prefer the idea of how the ring would look on my index finger, but I worry that the diamond is more exposed on the edge of hand?

Would you wear a bigger diamond on your index finger? Especially if it’s prong set?

We did try to buy a similar trial costume ring. It‘s a 3 stone, but the center stone isn’t the right size or shape—so I tried this to give a sense of scale and design.

Attachments

• 0AFBAE0B-8656-4614-8D94-6ED26D77728F.jpeg
    0AFBAE0B-8656-4614-8D94-6ED26D77728F.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 22
  • CFA9702B-C7BE-4E10-A2FB-6D951C83784A.jpeg
    CFA9702B-C7BE-4E10-A2FB-6D951C83784A.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 24

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a prong-set large-stone ring, personally I would want it on my middle finger -- like you say, less exposure as compared to index finger location, and to my eyes anyway it looks more balanced there.

What a wonderful special project -- looking forward to your reveal thread (which I hope you will post once you receive the completed ring)!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for ring finger, Personal preference and all that.

at one point in my life, I liked middle finger rings and, for a shorter period of time, i liked index finger rings.

but now- all ring finger rings on right and left hand. It also depends if you are going to pair it woth any other rings, eg pinkie ring? Or can have an index finger ring and a ring finger ring.

exciting times!!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
From the 2 photos, the middle finger LOOKS better, more balanced.

For me, there is something about feeling that’s very important.

I’m finding that certain rings only “feel” right associated with a certain finger.

The way I experience my pinky ring for example (which I disliked and regretted buying at first) totally transformed when it moved to my left hand. Now I love it.

I have other rings that, size-wise, can fit on various fingers…but only seem to feel at natural in one place. To some extent it’s independent of size, weight, etc.

Sometimes I think we know the answer deep down and our head gets in the way.

Close your eyes. Imagine the ring on various fingers. Which one feels harmonious? Which one are you talking to talk yourself into? Which one makes you wince just a tiny bit?

My vote it to listen to your gut.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for right hand middle finger.

I have only ever worn just one ring on my right hand and it is only on the middle finger.

Personal preference and all that.

DK :))

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for those comments! I think you’re all right, and I need to think this through again.

Now that I’ve come to thinking of my current RHRs as moving to my left hand index finger, its really is just a matter of the finger size and what my gut tells me.

I have been playing with imagining what I’ll be wearing on my left hand now by holding the ring between my index and middle fingers (haven’t taken it for sizing yet), and I like them together in a way I suspect wouldn’t work with new ring (because of size, style and such).

Add to that the fact that I am used to wearing rings on just the two ring fingers, so I suspect that will make the right ring finger feel more like that natural place. My funny family has purchased not one but 2 costume rings for me to think about the new ring with, and although neither is quite right design-wise, they do fit my middle and ring fingers. I will experiment.

Thank you again everyone!!

IMG_3758.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results