shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of moving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, there seems to be a moving bug here on Pricescope. We are moving next week to a new neighborhood. I am excited but sad at the same time. Hopefully this next house is where we will raise our family (though with my DH in real estate one can never really tell
2.gif
) but the house we are leaving was our first house. I bought it when I was 22 which made me very proud. There are lots of good memories and my DH had redone almost EVERY surface. We are renting it out so I guess I can visit it. I am sure once the move is finally over I will just be excited. Just wanted to share the news with my PS family
9.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Tacori! An exciting few months for you guys, eh?
21.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats!! we need pics
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 2:46:54 PM
Author: ellaila
Congrats, Tacori! An exciting few months for you guys, eh?
21.gif

Thanks. It has been exciting. It will be nice to be settled and not worry about not having enough room. It is amazing how small our 3 bedroom house can feel with just the two of us (and two cats of course!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 2:51:56 PM
Author: jcrow
congrats!! we need pics
36.gif

Congrats to you too! The house has good bones but is very outdated. It was built around 15 years ago and I don''t think anything has been redone. It will take years to get it the way I want (redo all bathrooms and kitchens, new carpet, ex...) My mom was teasing me that now that DH is finished with our current house he has ran out of projects so we had to move. I cannot even imagine building a house from new. How exciting for you both!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! You must be so excited. I''m looking forward to pictures!

Isn''t it funny how there seems to be a slew of people buying homes & moving here on PS? I thought the real estate market had "slowed down" . . . we must just be savvy people who are taking advantage of the buyer''s market.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - congrats! please share pictures!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations tacori!!

a homeowner at 22 is certainly something to be proud of! I can''t wait for that day. And when you get sentimental about saying goodbye to your old house, just think about all the great memories waiting to be made in the new one.

oh, and can your DH come over and help my DH with our surfaces when the time is right
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:49:11 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Congrats!!! You must be so excited. I''m looking forward to pictures!

Isn''t it funny how there seems to be a slew of people buying homes & moving here on PS? I thought the real estate market had ''slowed down'' . . . we must just be savvy people who are taking advantage of the buyer''s market.
1.gif

It is funny how everyone seems to be moving on here. My DH buys and flips foreclosures for a living so we always said if the right property comes along than we would live in it for awhile. I have never lived in a neighboorhood with a neighborhood newsletter so I think that is cute. I don''t even really know my neighboors where we live now. We look so young I bet they think we are the kids
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:54:14 PM
Author: aljdewey
YAY - congrats! please share pictures!

Thanks Al and I cannot wait to see your new earring design! New house probably means no new bling for me for awhile
15.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It hard leaving ''home'' for a new home... but it will be great I''m sure.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:57:57 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Congratulations tacori!!

a homeowner at 22 is certainly something to be proud of! I can''t wait for that day. And when you get sentimental about saying goodbye to your old house, just think about all the great memories waiting to be made in the new one.

oh, and can your DH come over and help my DH with our surfaces when the time is right
2.gif

It''s amazing how good credit can help you greatly in life. I am go glad I opened my first CC at 18 and never abused it. It is just funny how after 3+ years our house is FINALLY done. Haha. Oh well. I am sure the new family will enjoy it. I am trying to be flexible. I am very excited to make new memories in the new house and all the new furniture I can talk DH into to *evil grin*. Plus now we actually have room for our future children. It does not feel like my home yet but I know it will soon. I am excited to remodel.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 5:06:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
Congrats! It hard leaving ''home'' for a new home... but it will be great I''m sure.

At least our move is only 10 miles away not cross country like you did! I can only imagine the stress! Are you enjoying SF?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, we really are enjoying it. The thought of all the convenient day trips we can take on the weekends... and everything we have SO close at hand with Bart is (and Bart is really affordable too) is great. There are adjustment problems with my family, I have to set up new boundaries and re-train them to respect the boundaries but I knew that would happen. The job (except for one problem) is going well... and its nice to be in CA again.

Little things we have to adjust to that would never have occured to us (and are kinda funny) are:

non-numbered freeway exits, you get so used to numbered exits and mile markers.

The grocery store brand differences and the fact that Pizza cost twice as much. Plus the difficulty of finding a nice itallian grocery ... oh and cold cuts. Cold cuts are different out here. LOL.

But it''s an adventure... and it''s been really good.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, congratulations on your new home! I bought my first property (a condo) at 22 also and moved out into something else three months before the happy hubby and I tied the knot six years later. I remember being sad too at leaving my "first home" but there is so much to look forward to with a new place!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Tacori!!! How exciting!!! We definitely need pics of your new place!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Tacori! How exciting for you! I know how it feels to be sentimental about your first house. DH can''t even go back and look at our old house...And we LOVED the couple that bought it. We took so much pride (we were young, too) in that house and we miss it now...Especially since our new payment is 8 times what the old payment was.
31.gif
You are smart to hang on to your house. Real Estate is still a pretty good investment in many areas. We wish now we''d have kept our old house and rented it out since we payed almost nothing for it 10 years ago.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It''s always hard to leave a place you love, but so exciting to go to the new one! Renovations can be a lot of fun. Do you do some of the work, too?

Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, sorry to hear about your problem at work. I am sure everything will work out. People aren''t easily fooled. I was born in SF but moved when I was 5. I didn''t realized numbered mile markers weren''t standard. They are SOOO helpful! SF is so expensive to live but then again it s a trade off for lifestyle. Are your kitties coping well? I think ours will like the new house since there are so many windows (low as well, our little guy LOVES looking out like a dog) and twice the amount of space to run around in. They have been acting kind of strange since we have started to move. They can obviously sense something is changing.

Dee*Jay, I am looking forward to all that is to come. I am hoping this is our last house for awhile but I am sure you can understand what it is like when a good deal comes up. Hubby just can''t help himself
2.gif
We are already 50% moved and I like the house more and more everytime I go over there.

Dani, I will have to post some pics but I am afraid they will be a little depressing. Our current house I filled with furniture but this one is much larger so we will have to buy some more (one day).

Miranda, it was really important for DH to keep our current house. It is already worth a great deal more since we bought it (but then again it was also a foreclosure). It is in a growing area so it is a good investment to hang on to. Our payment is only doubled so it isn''t too bad. I cannot imagine 8 times the amount! You must have *really* upgraded. We are lucky. Charlotte is still growing.

Lumpkin, If truth be told besides picking out the stuff I don''t do much of the work. I try to paint with him but he gets so frusterated with me b/c I like to paint in "w"s and he likes to go up and down. Or that I don''t use enough paint ex...so I usually just let him do all the work since is usually is quicker than if he is always trying to redo my work. He is very good at home improvements. He just put in extensive crown, chair rail, and wide base boards in our current house. Luckily the new house already has really nice trim so he won''t have to do that. He is also in love with tiling and there is only a few things (like handing him the tiles or cleaning) I can do to help. His tiling involves inlays and such so they are quite complicated. He is already planning his next "master piece."
20.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, S!!! Congratulations on the new house!
36.gif
I hope you are 10 miles closer to my direction! However, I''m sure you can still find your way to SouthPark if we ever need to meet there!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 12:04:20 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yay, S!!! Congratulations on the new house!
36.gif
I hope you are 10 miles closer to my direction! However, I''m sure you can still find your way to SouthPark if we ever need to meet there!
2.gif

Thanks J! SouthPark will not be a problem! I would travel a lot longer for the sake of jewelry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, congrats on your new home! What a fun and exciting new adventure for you and your DH!
36.gif
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 1:09:14 AM
Author: monarch64
Tacori, congrats on your new home! What a fun and exciting new adventure for you and your DH!
36.gif
35.gif

Thanks! The best part is there is a built in china cab between the kitchen and the dining room for vera!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2007 1:41:56 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

36.gif
35.gif

Thanks! The best part is there is a built in china cab between the kitchen and the dining room for vera!
shut UP! lol! When DH and I first started looking for our first house a few years ago, I fell in love with this one Queen Anne in which there was a dining room with custom built corner hutches...the rest of the house was not so great but I remember loving it just for the fact it could house my china, ha ha!

BTW, my MIL is all worried now that the pattern will be discontinued so she says she is "stocking up" on place settings for future gifts (we received our 7th PC this Christmas, lol!) She also said she thought we needed at least 10-12, so I''m hoping within the next couple years we''ll have what we need...thank goodness, because DH has a ton of other spending priorities and so do I, hee hee.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 2:29:54 AM

Date: 1/13/2007 1:41:56 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

36.gif
35.gif

shut UP! lol! When DH and I first started looking for our first house a few years ago, I fell in love with this one Queen Anne in which there was a dining room with custom built corner hutches...the rest of the house was not so great but I remember loving it just for the fact it could house my china, ha ha!

BTW, my MIL is all worried now that the pattern will be discontinued so she says she is 'stocking up' on place settings for future gifts (we received our 7th PC this Christmas, lol!) She also said she thought we needed at least 10-12, so I'm hoping within the next couple years we'll have what we need...thank goodness, because DH has a ton of other spending priorities and so do I, hee hee.
9.gif

That's funny... the reason we rented this apartment is because it has GREAT brand new built in cabinetry in the dining area that houses all my (tons) of china and works as a buffet service area as well with great flow for entertaining.

ETA: Kitties have adjusted very well to date. I think all the hotel rooms along the way actually helped prepare them for a new place because we totally did not think they would adapt this well. Good luck with your babies Tacori!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, that is awesome she is worried about that! I hope you get EVERYTHING you need/want to complete your set. It really is such a beautiful pattern. I still would like the serving bowl and have you ever seen the silver salt and pepper shakers? They are so cool. They are all silver but have the pattern embossed in them. Maybe one day.

Gyspy, I thought of you last night. We officially moved in and I drove our cats over. It is actually only 7 miles (not 10) but our female was FREAKING out. Screaming and crying the ENTIRE time. She was shaking and VERY scared. Our little male just curled up and layed there. He didn''t make a sound. It is so funny how different they are. Our female, Madison was shaking for awhile when we got here. Grayson, our male just went room to room inspecting the house. They have both been staying "close" to us but I think they like it. They were even staying close to each other. They get along 80% of the time but it was almost like they calmed each other down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results