shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of gift-giving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy''s thread made me remember a really awkward incident that occurred a couple of years ago.

I was spending Christmas Eve with my (now ex)boyfriend at his grandmother''s house. His sister and her family were there and I gave them the set of martini glasses I had purchased for them. They oohed and aahhed and thanked me. After we were almost done unwrapping everything, bf''s mom pulls out this other gift and claimed it was from ME to SISTER! Uhh... WHAT?! The sister opened it up and it was a travel mug... and she thanked me for it. It was really awkward and kinda ticked me off. The mom knew I had gotten them a gift so its not like she was trying to help me out or anything.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else or are these people just crazy? What do you do in situations like these? Speak up? Keep your mouth shut?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
She sound like she would have been quite the charming MIL!
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s incredibly weird...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Weird. Good thing you don''t have to be around here any more!
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
LOL Be glad she''s not your MIL! Haha. Some people just have no clue.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 9:43:41 PM
Author: elrohwen
LOL Be glad she''s not your MIL! Haha. Some people just have no clue.
Ditto. She must have been ashmed to admit she had a horrible choice in gifts and wanted you to appear like the idoit who couldnt pick out one to save her own skin. I''m glad you missed that one! Think of all the other weird things she could have done!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s weird. I''d probably just have a weird look on my face that pretty much says "WTH? I didn''t get that! WTH is she talking about?!?""

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results