shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparklers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know where I can order sparklers. We''re getting married in the evening in December and it will be dark when we leave. Rather than guests blowing bubbles or throwing poporri, we''re going to have them hold sparklers as we leave our reception site...I think this will make great pictures!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Also very interested in this info.

I was thinking of getting them the day after the 4th of July. Usually everything goes on sale. Is your wedding THIS december?

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
We are doing the same thing, since our wedding is July 2nd next year, we thought we'd put some early sparks in before real fireworks the next evening.

I have sometimes seen them at Cost Plus World Market (VH I know there a few out in N.VA now) and I have often see them on Ebay as well.

For us, we are just going to pick them up in Pennsylvania on our drive over from Chicago to NY next year.

Good luck!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I was going to do the same thing.....until I read my catering contract...you might want to review the contract with the caterer or ask the church, park, whatever, if it's permitted. God forbid (which realistically, probably wouldn't happen) something catches fire, you're on the hook!!!

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Welp, I just spoke to the wedding coordinator at my venue and we can't have sparklers. The place we're getting married is a gorgeous 1902 mansion that has been designated as a "Historical Home" and they are very careful that nothing happens to it. So, my next alternative is something similar to the colored rope that people wear at concerts and kids sometimes wear at amusement parks. I figured if the guests kind of waved them around, it would still have the same effect. I don't know what you call them (maybe light ropes???) but I'm going to start searching the net. By the way, for any of you who may use sparklers...just go to a search engine and put in "sparklers". There are tons of places that sell all sizes and lengths at some very good prices. I just hate that I can't use them. By the way, my wedding is on 12-23-04 and I was going to use "gold" sparklers. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Anyone with any ideas besides bubbles for a night time bride/groom exit...let me know. Thanks!

markcate

Rough_Rock
For some long-forgotten reason I have a bookmark to a company that (amongst other things) sells glow-sticks, glow-necklaces, glow-bracelets, glow-margarita cups, glow-lolipops, glow-earings....

...in fact, glow-most things! (Also in bulk quantities)

http://www.epartyunlimited.com/glowsticks.html

I'm sure there are many other companies selling this kind of thing (and I'm not particularly recommending this one over any other) but I thought this site might give you some inspiration, at least.

Regards,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results