shape
carat
color
clarity

Spanx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone ever tried these? I want to buy the Higher Power ones and I have a couple questions:

1) Are you supposed to wear underwear with them?
2) Will they flatten my butt? I DON''T want them to. I just want to smooth my hips and waist.

I don''t need heavy-duty shaping. I just want to be smooth under a super tight dress I bought. Is this the right product for me? I thought about getting a waist cinching type thing, but the ones I''ve seen have boning and it would show through the dress.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
If we are talking about the same ones here, the "higher powers" have a crotch flap Sorry to be blunt but that''s what it is lol. You just open up the flap when you go to the restroom since they are so hard to pull down and back up again. You could wear underwear with them also if you really wanted, but you wouldn''t be able to utilize the flap. Mine don''t flatten my butt. Hope this helps!
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t tried them yet...SIL swears by them. She and hubby were out at a public event and there was a woman...who was a tad fleshy wearing thin material white pants. SIL grimaced with an arghh!! and her hubby didn''t like the cottage cheese view either...and she said, "See honey, that is why I wear spanx!"

She is like a petite size 4 ...but says all her clothes look better with a little spanx underneath. Target carries a comparable brand...much cheaper. Yes, she only wears the spanx...no undies. I bet like panty hose, you are going to have some cheek smush. They have lots of models available...maybe you can get the top to waist model and let your fanny be free!
31.gif

Please report back with your results.

DKS

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, these sound great!!! Please report back as a great tummy flattener is what I need too but w/out the the lack of butt!
1.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I love them. They even have short, footless ones so you can have the control but bare legs w/ a dress!

I wear a thong w/ mine. I think you definitely want to wear undies with them

I don''t think they mash your booty, they just smooth our your lumps and bumps.

If the price tag is too high, Sarah Blakely also sells a brand of SPANX at Target called Assests!! I think they were under $20.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the Higher Power ones at Bloomingdales today. They really work!! I felt well supported but not uncomfortable. I have to see what they feel like after a few hours of wearing them though. I have to fold the leg part over a little because the dress I'm wearing them with is short. I hope it stays in place.

Oh, and they don't flatten my butt! I don't have much in that department, which is why I was worried, but I actually felt like it lifted my rear.

One thing I'm worried about though: using the bathroom. It would be a hassle to pull them up and down every time. There's an opening that you can use so you don't have to do that. Does this work? I'm really afraid to try. It creeps me out... But if someone here says it's okay I might try it.
23.gif

While I think the Spanx are great, I'm going to keep looking for something that only covers the waist area just because it would be easier for restroom purposes. I'll see what I end up wearing.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know exactly which style I have, but I LOVE them, and yes, I wear underwear underneath, but I think it's optional. The ones I have go pretty high up (past the belly button) and then go down about 1/4 or 1/2 way down my thigh...I can kind of adjust it. I also didn't want something to flatten my rear, just the tummy, thigh, love handle-y areas. These seem to do the trick and I would recommend them. Don't go too small though, or else you'll be REALLY uncomfortable. I think I was right on the border between a small and medium according to the size charts on the back, and I went with the mediums.

ETA: I don't have the "crotch flap" (LMAO when I read that!)

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I have spanx and they work great, but in the summer I can get kina sweaty in them. Mine are the regular ones. No crotch flap for me!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the "higher powers" are the best! I have a really small waist and I always have a problem with everything, even spanx, leaving a line that you can view through my dress at my waist. The higher power one did not do that. I wore them last weekend to a wedding and attached the straps to my bra...so I obviously could not take it off to go to the bathroom. The "flap" was the best invention. A little difficult to get used to at first but still full coverage when not using the bathroom. I swear by these. BTW...I would love if they flattened my butt...but they do not...

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for asking about Spanx Goldenstar. Someone last year mentioned them on a thread I opened but I never further investigated. I need something to flatten my huge gut. I bought a Flexees® Long Torso Waist-Shaper at Kohl's but it is too small (What was I thinking
20.gif
) A few days ago I was browsing Lane Bryants website & noticed they sell Spanx. I think I'm going to look through LB to see what I would need & give these suckers a try.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I was worried about the flap at first also but it works well and have never had any problems with it. It''s a little graphic, but I try to hold it open while "going".

VegasAngel: I think you''ll really like the gut-flattening action that happens with the spanx. Mine have this extra-tight weave across a bit of the tummy area that really holds you in. I love mine!

mrs.ROC

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen the Assets line at Target, and thought I might want to try them before fully investing into the Spanx line. How exactly do you find the right size to fit, as you are not allowed to "try on" before purchase? I saw the sizing chart on the back of the packaging, and seriously thought it was WAY off? If you''ve picked your correct size based on the packaging, please post, as I would love to try the correct size before purchasing.

Thanks in Advance Ladies!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love spanx...i agree with the others, don''t get too small, and i pull them down and up to go to the bathroom, totally not into the ''flap'' thing hehee.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 11:05:29 PM
Author: mrs.ROC
I''ve seen the Assets line at Target, and thought I might want to try them before fully investing into the Spanx line. How exactly do you find the right size to fit, as you are not allowed to ''try on'' before purchase? I saw the sizing chart on the back of the packaging, and seriously thought it was WAY off? If you''ve picked your correct size based on the packaging, please post, as I would love to try the correct size before purchasing.

I have the asset line and the spanx line and find they are very similar helping to do what they are meant to do. I was on the cusp of two sizes. i went wth the larger and when I go home, I put them on to find they were too big. So, I exchanged them at target and had no problem. I ended up getting the smaller size and they worked famously!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 11:05:29 PM
Author: mrs.ROC
I''ve seen the Assets line at Target, and thought I might want to try them before fully investing into the Spanx line. How exactly do you find the right size to fit, as you are not allowed to ''try on'' before purchase? I saw the sizing chart on the back of the packaging, and seriously thought it was WAY off? If you''ve picked your correct size based on the packaging, please post, as I would love to try the correct size before purchasing.

I was right at the low end of the B size (Spanx), and they fit. I don''t know about trying them on at the store, but some places will let you return them if you find out they don''t fit when you try them at home. Bloomies will take them back and I bet Nordstom would too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
which type of spanx do you ladies recommend? i don''t want any rolling, but i''m a little unsure about the fix to your bra part...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I got mine a size too big but mine always would slide down (just kind of bunched up). Drove me crazy!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I got the Higher Power and never have a problem with them rolling down. I am very short though so I have just a bit of extra fabric at the top that can be folded. They never bother me though.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I only wear mine occasionally, never any problem. Love ''em.
But one day I decided to wear the Spanx with a pair of jeans, not such
a good idea. All day, I felt like my jeans were slipping down!
Any one else have this problem with Spanx?

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought 2 of the spanx hide and sleek camisoles. they are also great! they''re hard to get into but once you''re in it feels comfortable. the cami''s are long so i tucked it into my pants. i wore it with a clingy sweater and it made me feel more confident.

i plan to wear these camis when i have to wear a suit with the shirt tucked in. that way i''ll be more streamlined

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i just noticed they make spanx tights... think i''m going to order a pair of plain black ones. they also have textured ones that i may get too if i like the plain ones.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone tried the Bra-llelujah by Spanx? It''s supposed to get rid of that bulge created by your bra that looks like back fat? I''m a size 6 and still have that back fat look and I hate it. I''m nervous to buy because it says it has no underwire and I just don''t know about that...I''ve always used bras with underwire. Anyone have one?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 5:05:43 PM
Author: nessvan12
Has anyone tried the Bra-llelujah by Spanx? It''s supposed to get rid of that bulge created by your bra that looks like back fat? I''m a size 6 and still have that back fat look and I hate it. I''m nervous to buy because it says it has no underwire and I just don''t know about that...I''ve always used bras with underwire. Anyone have one?

Isn''t that quite new in the Spanx line? I hear it''s the newest craze in underwear, but haven''t seen it anywhere, nor heard any testimonials....let us know if you try it out! I''d love to hear a PSer''s review!

After all of these raving reviews, I ordered Spanx Higher Power today from Nordstrom''s website. I can''t wait to get it in! I''m a size 8 (hope to be a size six again soon), and I just need a little help in the hourglass department....especially with all these holiday parties coming up - and the great outfits I''ve purchased!

You girls will get my review on Spanx Higher Power as soon as I try them out!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results