shape
carat
color
clarity

Spanish Matador Dies

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Spanish matador has died in the ring, for the first time in 20 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36756723

While I am very sorry that a life is lost, I am completely disgusted by this activity. People call it a sport - I'm not going to call it that. Sport is a game dictated by rules that enforce a fair competition; this is just torturing and tormenting a confused animal until it dies, same as hunting and shooting.

I feel so angry that this activity goes on - and now, another innocent animal will be killed, because apparently it's traditional that the mother of the bull is killed.

Bloodlust, much? For me, this vile torture of animals - see the bull runs each year in addition to all the bullfighting - would be enough for me to boycott Spain as a place to visit in Europe. I feel that I should have more sympathy and respect for the dead matador than I do, but honestly, what he was taking part in makes me completely sick, and if he hadn't been incredibly cruel to an animal, he would still be alive. We reap what we sow.

If I were in Spain I would campaign strongly to end all the bullfighting and bullrunning and leave the poor innocent bulls alone to live their lives in peace, but I don't suppose it would do much good from here.

Q

Queenie60

Jambalaya - I completely agree with you! Sickening. And, I hate boxing too. Can't stand to watch grown men beat one another.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1468125127|4053878 said:
Jambalaya - I completely agree with you! Sickening. And, I hate boxing too. Can't stand to watch grown men beat one another.

+1

American Football, Rugby etc. etc.

Let em all injure and kill each other.
Good riddance.

Q

Queenie60

kenny|1468131614|4053894 said:

+1

Good riddance.
+++1 - can't stand this -

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really sorry I opened this thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1468150997|4053921 said:
I am really sorry I opened this thread.

Me too. :blackeye:

But I have to add.

Queenie60 said:
kenny|1468131614|4053894 said:

+1

Good riddance.
+++1 - can't stand this -

++++1

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love football! :dance:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually don't feel too bad for the guy, thinking of all the bulls he's tortured and kill for money and fame. Blech!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1468164034|4053992 said:
I actually don't feel too bad for the guy

Of course not! It's the death he would have chosen for goodness' sakes! I feel sorry for the bull and the mother of the bull (the mother of the bull has to die, too?) that those atavistic sadists plan to kill in a savage "ritual". The matador got to choose his time and manner of death, but the bulls did not!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, that's awful!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that bull-fighting takes place in most areas of Spain, only being banned in a few very small places, and in many areas it's legally protected! And then there's all the bull runs, whatever they might be. I really feel as if the Spanish need to just leave bulls alone. I would open a bull sanctuary if I had the money and if I lived there. I guess they'd each need their own field, though.

I get it about tradition and everything...but this is 2016. Animal cruelty is unacceptable in the world today - in most developed places. I'm amazed at how strong the Spaniards' blind spot seems to be regarding this practice.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1468168097|4054004 said:
CareBear|1468164034|4053992 said:
I actually don't feel too bad for the guy

Of course not! It's the death he would have chosen for goodness' sakes! I feel sorry for the bull and the mother of the bull (the mother of the bull has to die, too?) that those atavistic sadists plan to kill in a savage "ritual". The matador got to choose his time and manner of death, but the bulls did not!

Yes, ABGF, the bull's mother has to die too, to stop the lineage. Another lovely "tradition." :angryfire:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1468256154|4054396 said:
Yes, ABGF, the bull's mother has to die too, to stop the lineage. Another lovely "tradition."

The Spanish never heard of birth control?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have, but it's "tradition" to kill the mother of the bull, too. And that's what's important here - tradition. :roll:

But then, I can't stand blood activities. (I refuse to call them sports. Sports take place between equally matched opponents who know the rules and have agreed to the game.)

I loved the way that Princess Diana refused to take part in blood activities, and I was disappointed when I saw that Kate Middleton and her family learned to shoot with the royal family. How anyone can kill an innocent, helpless animal for fun is completely beyond me. In my opinion, those activities are very much of the past, and they should be left in the past. And don't even get me started on fox-hunting or rabbit-hunting.

I know there is an argument for pest control, but I'm sure that humane traps could be set, and humane methods of population control could be employed. People don't have to terrify and chase the poor things all over the place until they're exhausted and suffer a horrible death.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 100% against bull fighting, but boxing is totally different IMO. I mean, I get that you might not want to watch, but at least it's two consenting adults who are doing it for money. An equivalent to bull fighting is to start beating the shit out of a homeless person - much worse IMO!

I'm growing quite tired of things we do for 'tradition' or things we won't get rid of because they're 'traditional'. Time to move on up with the times!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1468267527|4054458 said:
I'm 100% against bull fighting, but boxing is totally different IMO. I mean, I get that you might not want to watch, but at least it's two consenting adults who are doing it for money. An equivalent to bull fighting is to start beating the shit out of a homeless person - much worse IMO!

I'm growing quite tired of things we do for 'tradition' or things we won't get rid of because they're 'traditional'. Time to move on up with the times!

Yes exactly. This is just WRONG on all levels. Inhumane and "F" tradition. It is an uncivilized and inhumane tradition and it is sickening. :nono: :nono: :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The thought of bullfighting makes me sick. The poor animal is tortured and slowly killed.

I also hate rodeos too which is not a popular opinion in Texas. I was asked to leave a rodeo once for cheering for the animals.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's fantastic that you were cheering for the animals! Good for you!

Yes, rodeos seem cruel to me too.

Why can't people just leave animals in peace?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results