shape
carat
color
clarity

Spain proposal??????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushchicago

Rough_Rock
My gf and I are going to spain in a week and I am trying to decide if I should propose to her right before we leave (she is probably expecting it in spain) or wait until we are in Spain. I want it to be as big as of surprise as possible.

Here is what I was thinking if I ask her before we leave. I am working a half day before we leave and she has the day off so we were planning on meeting at the airport. I was going to coordinate with the driver and call her just after she leaves and tell her I forgot my passport and have her go back and grab it. Then I would put the ring under the passport and I would ask her when she finds the ring.

Here are some of the cons I see about doing it in Spain:

-having to take it through customs
-attempting to hide the e-ring from her and not losing it in the process
-not really sure where or when while there.

Cons about asking before the trip

-we were going to try and sleep on the plane to help get acclimated to the time change since we get into Spain at 7 am. She won;t get any sleep with that rin on her finger.
-Probably a better story if it was done in Spain.

What do you guys think?

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2005 11:34:19 AM
Author:cushchicago
My gf and I are going to spain in a week and I am trying to decide if I should propose to her right before we leave (she is probably expecting it in spain) or wait until we are in Spain. I want it to be as big as of surprise as possible.

Here is what I was thinking if I ask her before we leave. I am working a half day before we leave and she has the day off so we were planning on meeting at the airport. I was going to coordinate with the driver and call her just after she leaves and tell her I forgot my passport and have her go back and grab it. Then I would put the ring under the passport and I would ask her when she finds the ring.

Here are some of the cons I see about doing it in Spain:

-having to take it through customs
-attempting to hide the e-ring from her and not losing it in the process
-not really sure where or when while there.

Cons about asking before the trip

-we were going to try and sleep on the plane to help get acclimated to the time change since we get into Spain at 7 am. She won;t get any sleep with that rin on her finger.
-Probably a better story if it was done in Spain.

What do you guys think?
Cool, I vote in Spain!

Where in Spain are you going? It''s such a beautiful country, I''ve been there a couple of times!

Also, why would it be a problem taking it throught customs?

cushchicago

Rough_Rock
We are going to Toledo, Barcelona, Gernada and a couple days along the costa de sol (I probably spelled all those wrong.)

I am just worried about her seeing the ring more than anything while going through customs.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
In what order are you going to visit the city''s?

Because if you go to Barca first, you have to do it there! there is a building build by Gaudi called "Casa Mila". It is gorgeous! You van go up to the roof, and have a SPECTACULAR view of barcelona. You can see the Segrada Familia from up there, and the roof is beautifully decorated. see pic...

2000-04-07-13a-b.jpg

Also park Guell is a very very good option!

2000-04-01-30a-b.jpg

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
woops sorry,

that''s huge!

cushchicago

Rough_Rock
We are going to Barcelona last.

Here is the order: Toledo, Gernada, Costa del sol (alot of small towns during the day),Barcelona

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
buuuuuuttttttttt...

If you go to Granada, you probably visit the Alhambra..

which is a breathtaking spot to "pop" the question...

let's see if I can do a better job on a pic..

granada2.jpg

es01_03a.jpg

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, toledo first. I bet you can't wait until your in Barca and/or Granada to ask her
9.gif

Let's see, Toledo, I've been to Toledo, very nice city. Don't get lost though!
9.gif
Maybe you can do it there? I've only been there for a day or so, so I can't help you
7.gif

Toledo.jpg

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Ahh Leonid (or his other half)......so wise
1.gif
Send Rothko an email through his profile to see how he went on ....

I love the idea of The Alhambra and it should not be too crazy busy if you are heading there in a week since busy tourism only starts picking up July/August ...early summer is a great time to visit. It is so beautiful there.

I also think your idea about doing it before you go is sweet and great since that will allow you both the opportunity to really have fun in Spain and savour every moment as a newly engaged couple as well as you taking her by surprise without having the anxiety of where and when to propose. She may apreciate that!

Basically (although I hate this buzz word phrase) this is a win win
36.gif
Very exciting!!

One word of caution since realities of travel must set in. Although Barcelona is a relatively safe city and attracts lots of tourists it also attracts many thieves (particularly to the right of La Rambla and around the Plaza Catalunya). Best to hide your belongings (bling included) since small robberies are on the increase so just stay alert and keep valuables in the hotel safe if you can. You don''t have to be paranoid....just aware. Same as if you were in New York or other big cities.

Ok lecture over! As a frequent visitor to Spain, who also has friends who live there and we all love it enormously....... whether you propose there or before you go you are in for such a great time!! I am extremely envious!! You will both fall in love again and also with Spain. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results