shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer needed?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I just recently got engaged and we just finished my wedding set! I like my wedding set a lot but I am feeling like it may need a spacer to protect the sides and or to break it up a bit. Do you think it needs it first of all for protection and do you think rose gold would look nice? I am open to any thoughts :) Thank you!

photo.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It is prudent to have a buffer. You see many old rings which have been worn lovingly but the gallery has rubbed away. I love my spacer from here, it is much thinner than other supposedly 1mm bands. I have the palladium and wear it between my platinum set. You can't even see it but it protects my rings.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/junedesigns?ref=seller_info

I also have a rose gold spacer from here, and I LOVE rose gold but it really didn't compliment the platinum so I got the palladium one and ditched the rose.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60055871/super-skinny-stack-rings-your-choice-of

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
beautiful wedding sets..what are the specs? gorgeous!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a pretty set of rings :love:

Kelpie, thanks for the link for the super skinny bands, I think I want one of those!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My set is almost identical and I just got a 1.8mm white gold spacer- it protects my diamonds and prevents rubbing and the band kinda "breaks it up" and allows youbto see that it's not just one thick band.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the great suggestions, I am definitely going to get a spacer now!
Centralsquare, the specs are
2.17 center stone, 4.65 Tcw
Whit gold
I color, medium fl, it is GIA graded and I see very little warmth in it, even from the side, it is very white and I think the medium fl cancels any out.
Cut, VG for center stone, I had a hard time with that but fiance had it purchased more or less before I got on here and learned as much as I have but it is very pretty and performs pretty well considering so I am happy for that and hey, there is always room for upgrades, lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring...I say yes on the spacer but I would stick to white metal.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Amys bling, do you have a photo of your set with the spacer??? :).

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Ladybug1|1312064297|2980720 said:
Thanks for the great suggestions, I am definitely going to get a spacer now!
Centralsquare, the specs are
2.17 center stone, 4.65 Tcw
Whit gold
I color, medium fl, it is GIA graded and I see very little warmth in it, even from the side, it is very white and I think the medium fl cancels any out.
Cut, VG for center stone, I had a hard time with that but fiance had it purchased more or less before I got on here and learned as much as I have but it is very pretty and performs pretty well considering so I am happy for that and hey, there is always room for upgrades, lol.

It's absolutely beautiful!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Centralsquare, thank you, I think so but with so many amazing rings here and the cut being the most important feature mentioned and I now know why and agree I kinda freaked out for a bit but I do love it and feel very lucky to wear it :)).

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Re: new question re:spacer or stacker

Ok, here is the wedding band alone, if I was to wear it alone like the photo would you stack any rose or yellow gold with it? Iam thinking I am craving some color OR would you just get colored stackers for right hand and leave set well enough alone with the spacer I am going to get? thanks for the help :)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Duh! Here is photo!

photo-2.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very pretty. I agree that a white metal spacer would look best.

omc111

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I ordered a 1 mm palladium spacer from June designs on etsy. Same vendor who made kelpie's spacer. It was supposed to have shipped on June 30 from Canada. I still haven't received it. I'm guessing that with the chaos in Canada's mail, it may have gotten lost. I'm getting very frustrated but sadly the vendor doesn't seem to share my frustration. She's not returning my e-mails--so maybe she's on vacation! All I know is I want my ring!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I don't blame you, I would be frustrated too!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the poor quality, but you get the idea :bigsmile:

iphone.JPG

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If it's rare that you wear the band by itself, I'd just have the two rings soldered together. They won't rub if they're anchored.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Amys Bling :). I love the spacer, it does break it up a bit and I love your set, they are so similar you weren't kidding, you have great taste, hehe!
Winkself, I do plan on wearing it alone and we travel a lot and I know when we do I will most likely wear it alone or maybe I will just get a plain rose gold band to wear, we travel a lot to Latin America so that might be better. thank you for the suggestion :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem ladybug! I just added the spacer to my set less than a week ago.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I love that you can wear all three or just the set...nice!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set is indeed beautiful and while I agree that the tiniest width of spacer is prudent, I would do nothing but a white metal. I think the contrast of another color gold would detract from the set. Something in a white metal would be barely detectable but I don't think I'd enjoy seeing a tiny strip of rose or yellow gold between all that white bling!

Enjoy your rings - they truly are stunning!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Missgotrocks :). I agree the more I think about it....I think the spacer will break it up just the tiniest amount and I will like that!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LOVE YOUR RINGS!!!!!

Just popping to say - junedesigns on Etsy offers a super skinny .8mm spacer band in palladium for just $50! I just ordered one! :appl: The seller seems super nice and easy to work with, too!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/junedesigns?page=1

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1312421298|2983652 said:
LOVE YOUR RINGS!!!!!

Just popping to say - junedesigns on Etsy offers a super skinny .8mm spacer band in palladium for just $50! I just ordered one! :appl: The seller seems super nice and easy to work with, too!

Bliss that is a fantastic find - it must be totally invisible IRL, esp in a skin-like rose gold!! The pic of the 1mm vs 0.8 is really helpful - makes such a difference!

eddiexp

Rough_Rock
I hate to thread jack but, would a palladium spacer "wear" away a platinum e-ring or wedding band?

If I understand this correctly it is to keep the diamonds from rubbing away at the adjacent bands correct?

eddiexp

Rough_Rock
and btw, very nice looking set of rings you have there :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1312052203|2980622 said:
It is prudent to have a buffer. You see many old rings which have been worn lovingly but the gallery has rubbed away. I love my spacer from here, it is much thinner than other supposedly 1mm bands. I have the palladium and wear it between my platinum set. You can't even see it but it protects my rings.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/junedesigns?ref=seller_info

I also have a rose gold spacer from here, and I LOVE rose gold but it really didn't compliment the platinum so I got the palladium one and ditched the rose.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60055871/super-skinny-stack-rings-your-choice-of

A bit of a threadjack...Kelpie, just curious why you went for palladium? Is there an advantage for having palladium with platinum. I'm curious about what type of spacer should go with which types of metals?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eddiexp|1312424924|2983697 said:
I hate to thread jack but, would a palladium spacer "wear" away a platinum e-ring or wedding band?

If I understand this correctly it is to keep the diamonds from rubbing away at the adjacent bands correct?

I think you would be fine w/ palladium and plat - same family of metals, and from what I've seen w/ my ring and my husband's they wear similarly.

It's long-term gold/plat, silver/plat, silver/gold combos you've got to worry about - if you're going to worry about it. Detail here and here

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1312421298|2983652 said:
LOVE YOUR RINGS!!!!!

Thanks for posting that- wish I saw it earlier!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results