shape
carat
color
clarity

Soverign Bank/Santander Consumer Auto Loans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do any PSers have car loans through Soverign Bank (now Santander Consumer/Banko Santander)?

DH has his car loan through Soverign and last month we received a notice stating that the loan had been transferred to Santander Cosumer, part of Banko Santander of Spain. Anyway, apparently all of Soverign has been acquired by Santander (loan wasn''t sold off). DH made his payment last month according to their directions and when he received his statement this month it said the maturity date on his loan was 03/13 NOT 03/10 (per Soverign''s payment book) and his payoff balance was almost $13K!!! According to my records his payoff should only be $2800. To owe $12K at this point would mean he took out a loan for $28K to buy a 2004 used Jeep Cherokee! Not to mention it would mean he took out a seven year loan on a used car (which I''ve never heard of!) And no, we didn''t refinance or anything like that. Any ideas on what''s going on?

I''m really hoping this is just an administrative error that occurred during the transfer of our records and they don''t give us a hard time about straightening it out. We have the payment stubs from Soverign and the payment records from our bank account. Heck, on the Santander website they have his entire payment history going back to the date of purchase. They''ve asked for a copy of his original note from when he bought the car and I''m hoping that will satisfy them.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ours was correct. Hope it was only admin error. did you have your last statement from Sovereign and reconciled with sananter?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think DH ever got statements from SB. He had a payment book that he sent his payments with. But we have the bank record and they have the online account statement (though it's now with Santander).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 3:04:50 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I don''t think DH ever got statements from SB. He had a payment book that he sent his payments with. But we have the bank record and they have the online account statement (though it''s now with Santander).
thats right - I got a payment book, but tossed it, I meant did you ever checked online with Sovereign- their site was ridiculous anyways since they didn''t give very detailed information if you didn''t bank with them and only had a consumer loan, but I was able to check the last payment made and total payoff right before they switched over. Hopefully they can clear everything for you especially with all your paperwork. Good luck though.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good call. I didn''t realize that Soverign still had that stuff available on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results