shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry Tom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t help myself, this made me chuckle... I''m such a bad bad girl for giggling at someone else''s misfortune... well, if you can call his life unfortunate
41.gif
26.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060822/film_nm/media_cruise_dc

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not gloat either, normally, but boy has he gone off the deep end. Add Mel Gibson and I think finally, it might show some of these people that just because they are stars they are not exempt from behaving well. UGH. They get away with so much, this might be the thing to stem it. By the way, heard Annie Liebowitz is shooting baby Suri for a magazine...Vanity Fair I think? I won't hold my breath...

ETA: she better hope she has not tanked HER career too...private jets and mansions in Aspen are not cheap!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 11:55:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
I would not gloat either, normally, but boy has he gone off the deep end. Add Mel Gibson and I think finally, it might show some of these people that just because they are stars they are not exempt from behaving well. UGH. They get away with so much, this might be the thing to stem it. By the way, heard Annie Liebowitz is shooting baby Suri for a magazine...Vanity Fair I think? I won''t hold my breath...

ETA: she better hope she has not tanked HER career too...private jets and mansions in Aspen are not cheap!
some people are actors and some people want to be stars and I dunno if the attraction to global adoration or the years of global adoration does more to tweak the psyche of some of these people... yanno?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure. I think it takes a certain type of person to pursue such a life, and those, like you say, who want stardom are a very different breed. Not actors who are concerned about their craft and what roles they take, I am talking about serious mega stars. Seems like, back in the day, when you were a studio star, they protected you from scandals, and from your own screw ups. Now some of these stars see to dodge bullet after bullet, like who did not really know Mel Gibson''s true feelings, but eventually they just simply cross the line or implode and the free fall begins. There are some very talented people out there to be sure, but I am not always interested in what this star thinks politically etc. They can vote, and can have any opinion they would like, but just because I would pay to see them in their latest film does not mean I want to hear every thought they have and I think they misuse their fame. Tom''s comments on ppd were just wrong and infuriating to me. It has been speculated that Katie had it...I read an article saying she was "overwhelmed" with a new baby and high profile romance and in the beginning after she had the baby was struggling with all the changes in her life. NO SH*T. Add to the mix that he is a megalomaniac and a total control freak, who wants to make her career disappear (but has also ruined his in the process)..are we surprised she was a bit burdened? I liked his films enough, but think he is really a kook now. Poor girl and poor baby...what a mess.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
You are fast. I saw this in the paper and came to post but it was already here.

Can''t say I feel sorry for the guy. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard during the ''news'' portion on public radio this morning that Cruise''s business partner (forgot her name) issued a statment saying THEY were the ones who broke it off with Paramount, and not the other way around. Don''t exactly believe that.....
20.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not quite all it seems:

Paramount Pictures unit is ending its 14-year relationship with Tom Cruise''s film production company
This simply means they''re ending their sponsorship of his vanity production outfit. It doesn''t mean he''ll never act in another Paramount film.

Believe me, if his next movie does well, people will forget all this nonsense.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
isn''t that part of the problem Capt...haven''t his last few movies not done quite so well as they used at all?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had a very stong dislike for Tom Cruise. I''ve never seen ANY of his movies and plan on continuing not to see them. Although the cut ties are a bit humiliating, I think it would be fine with me if he managed to gamble his 240 million + fortune away tomorrow too. I always thought he was a bit off, but his latest behavior is SO strange.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 2:46:10 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
It''s not quite all it seems:

Paramount Pictures unit is ending its 14-year relationship with Tom Cruise''s film production company
This simply means they''re ending their sponsorship of his vanity production outfit. It doesn''t mean he''ll never act in another Paramount film.

Believe me, if his next movie does well, people will forget all this nonsense.
It''s no concern to me or even amusement to me about whether he works with them or his prod co does or whatever... the ONLY thing that tickled my evil funny bone was the comment about *why* they were ending the relationship... the part about his off screen antics.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 3:54:33 PM
Author: Mara
isn''t that part of the problem Capt...haven''t his last few movies not done quite so well as they used at all?
They haven''t been blockbusters, but MI3 did ~$130 million on a $150 million budget; War of the Worlds did $230 million on a similar budget. When you add in DVD and other ancillary receipts, they made decent money. Paramount is probably just getting out while the getting is good--his contract was up for renewal--suspecting that his recent behavior is going to hurt future performance. Will it? It''s anyone''s guess. His films have collectively grossed a couple of billion dollars. He may yet come to his senses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results