shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry My proposal thread :-D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I figured I''d separate them :) sorry for taking up so much space!
Proposal story....

So, yesterday, I was out of the house. I made a late appointment for an office viewing, but they Hmm... no biggy. My FI is always late :) So, he called me to find out where I was going to be. when I told him I would be out viewing an office at a later time he said NO! You have to be home and Get ready! Make sure you get ready!

I thought, Wow, Thats quite strange. So I called Luckyeshe to find out what she thought (and to say I think it might be tonight ;-) ). We decided that since my FI was acting weird it must be tonight.

So, I set out to try to get a cute dress.... and came out empty handed. But, I figured, meh. I''ll wear something I have.

My meeting ran late and I ended up making a mad scramble for home to walk the dog and get ready. I couldn''t decide on a dress to wear, so I decided to put my make up on first then decide. When my FI got home and said he was going to go to dinner in his jeans and ratty t-shirt I thought oh. not tonight. So, I threw on the closest thing I had (a REALLLY short dress) and knee high boots no tights. (I know HORRIBLE right?). But, I thought we were just going to hang out around McDonald''s or something. Who knew?

When I got in the car, my SO said hows about we head to seattle? I said WHAT?! I immediately texted Luckyeshe uh oh, I think its TONIGHT! then I looked at my clothes. They were horrible. *sigh*, but he wasn''t dressed up either so we couldn''t be going anywhere fancy.

THEN, he suggests Gameworks. A sports bar with sega video games and I KNEW it would not be last night. So, I settled down and resorted myself to just hanging out.

We parked, grabbed a beer at the bar (My FAVORITE! Sam Adam''s Oktoberfest!) and talked about our first date. We had gone to Gameworks on our first date and had sat in the same exact spot.

When he mentioned that, I checked him for a ring, but didn''t see one so thought meh. no ring. No engagement tonight.

We got up and he said okay, I have a game card lets play some games! what do you want to do?

I noticed air hockey was taken so I immediately said Japanese sticker booth! (which he hates)

To my surprise he said YES! So, I was giddy. We went to take pictures. Which were the ones with me making faces.

my FI looked at it and said purelily lets try to take another one huh? These ones didn''t come out so well.
Well, I thought I looked great, butI''m always happy to take more sticker pictures.

Its all in Japanese so, I decided to practice my reading and was going over the settings trying to figure out the Kanji. When, all of a sudden my FI says PURELILY! Look here!

I said no way. There''s no time and I want to pick the best background. He said look here! So, at 13 seconds left, I turned around to see what he was jabbering on about. He was on one knee!!!

He started telling me how he knew i''ve been waiting for a while, but he wanted it perfect etc etc.. and he finally asked will you marry me? at 5 seconds left to go. Instead of saying yes I said EEEEE!! He said Did you say yes?

That is what he is saying in the first picture
2.gif

I said EEEE! again and threw up my hands. That was the second picture.

Then, the third picture he had just put it on and I was crying. I decided to change the settings again (we had six pictures) and so we decided to do one kissing one (we never do kissing pictures).

We tried to get all the pictures, but it ended up that we ran out of time, so we lost 3
7.gif
Oh well. *sigh* But I think these three were the best anyway. They totally showed our story!

After this, he starts getting antsy and says he has to go back to the car to get something. So he gets out fancy clothes FOR HIMSELF! and changes in the bathroom. While I"M wearing my horrible outfit! terrible terrible.

He took me to the best italian restaurant in Seattle (according to Yelp) as a surprise. He said he was debating between best view or best food and chose best food because he knows I love food (he knows me too well).

We showed up and the waiters at first looked at me like are you seriously dressed like that? But they were very professional about it. And when they found out we just got engaged they were super nice They gave us free dessert!

THEN! after all of that! My SO brought me home and had one more surprise for me. Champagne!!! I love champagne. ;-)

Okay.. so now for the proposal pictures :D

Here''s the view on the way to seattle. Gorgeous right?

startoftripagain.jpg

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Before I knew what was going on

stickerpic.jpg

purelily

Shiny_Rock
We ordered when I got back. I had seafood ravioli. SO GOOD!

FOODyumyum.jpg

purelily

Shiny_Rock
My flowers on the table

prettyflowerright.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
How cool! What a great story. Congratulations!
36.gif

ETA He could have snuck a change of clothes for you, too, though! LOL!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
We tried to get a picture together. Came out okay huh?

afteryummydinner.jpg

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Picture of cranes, ring and champagne. The end of the night ;-)

fireandchampagne.jpg

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi DiamanteBlu Thank you for the compliment. I know right?! I would have liked it if he snuck in some nice clothes for me :D

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Congrats purelily! Your proposal story is so cute.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 7:57:40 PM
Author: purelily
Hi DiamanteBlu Thank you for the compliment. I know right?! I would have liked it if he snuck in some nice clothes for me :D

Guys . . . what can I say! LOL!

Great pics, BTW!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I know right?! he could have thought of me too. Hehe. Oh well. It turned out okay. :)

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Your story is too cute! Congratulations again!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi Patiently Waiting Thank you!! :)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an awesome story! I love it!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you!!! How cute is he?!?!
9.gif

I love the photo booth pics!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi Miss Kitty and Vc10um Thank you so much for reading both my threads :)
miss Kitty he loves a good story! :)

VC10um He is such a cutie. I''m so lucky!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
So, hearing about it (via phone) and reading about it (ps) has literally gotten me going "awwww" since the film running in my head with your narration is awesome! And thanks for the honor of sharing your engagement with me!!! I am soo very happy for the two of you! Ok, so Seattle isn''t that bad...(weatherwise) and when I come up next time (probably next year since FI will be in Fl for thanksgiving and we will both be in CA for Christmas) all for of us will have to double date! I''m pretty sure the guys will get along!!!!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Such a cute story!
36.gif

OOHHSparkly

Rough_Rock
Aw Purelily! Thats a great proposal story!!! Congrats! You two are adorable together!
9.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
congrats, purelily! You two make a great couple! (as if you didn''t know! lol)
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! What a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Josmar0623 I''m sorry I missed you
7.gif
Thank you for the compliment on our proposal!

Thanks Lilac!

OohhSparkly Thank you for the compliment! :D
Jaylex Thanks Jaylex! He completes me. He really really does! :) and who else would know about my Japanese photobooth obsession? Lol :)

Thank you so much Princess Please !

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Aww YAY! That''s such a cute story!
You both look so happy.
1.gif

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! I love the ring!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what a sweet adorable proposal!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
aww that''s adorable, congrats! and gorgeous ring too!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story and you make such a cute couple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results