shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry if this thread already exists: What is your groom going to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
5.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really have no idea because we haven''t checked out any of the tux rental places yet! However, my ideal would be a charcoal grey suit, white shirt, and orange tie. I thought about letting each of the guys just wear a black suit, but black doesn''t really go well with navy (the bridesmaid dress color) so I woudln''t really prefer that. I guess we''ll have to see what the quality is like on rentals and decide from there. I''d rather have black and navy clashing than have all of the guys wearing rented suits that look ridiculous on them!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
this is what my DH and his bro wore.

groom and best man on steps.JPG

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Khaki pants and a navy blazer.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Kama will be wearing a custom made 3 piece black suit.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Lord knows. I''m trying to get him to decide, but he wants to leave it up to me! Maybe just a black tux? That''s one thing I just can''t get myself excited about, as much as I try...

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
A light khaki colored suit, with a white shirt and white tie. NO VEST!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
FI is getting a new tux custom-made. He''ll be wearing black tux, black bow tie, black cummerbund, white shirt, and black tux shoes. Groomsmen, ushers, and dads will be wearing the same (rented in most cases).

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:11:31 PM
Author: Kellybell
I really wanted to do khakis with a navy blazer, but my mom was horrified
20.gif
If it didn''t involve 3 guys having to buy navy blazers, I would do it anyway! Heck, it might still be cheaper than renting.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:11:31 PM
Author: Kellybell

I love this look! Very casual-refined in that prep school way. The outfit can also be worn again and again.
31.gif

BigT: I totally know what you mean! I can''t get excited about black tuxes and I can''t even tell the difference between one and the other...unless I''m not supposed to? Lol.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
He wants to wear this. I think it looks pretty SNAZZY.
9.gif

300sunny.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH wore a really nice looking charcoal pinstripe suit and a mint green J Crew tie. He was so handsome!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
FI is having his suit bespoke tailored. We just changed the fabric from a blue with khaki pinstripe to this so it''s more in line with the beachy wedding we''re having.

IMG_4355.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what he wore... black Hugo Boss suit, ivory shirt, ivory tie and black vest. Groomsmen had the exact same, except a black tie instead of ivory.

museysmen.jpg

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
This is the tux (maybe not the exact one, but similar) that the guys are wearing. They will all have a matching dark brown vest, FI will wear an ivory tie and the other guys will wear light green ties.

tuxmatchingvest.jpg

musincy

Brilliant_Rock

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I want FI to wear a suit. I think he wants to wear a tux, but I think that is far too formal. He loves the idea of a tailor-made suit, though, so maybe I can talk him into that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI is wearing a dark charcoal gray suit with a thin white pinstripe and some sort of blue shirt. No ties. And I wanted him to wear flip flops, but even in Vegas in January, that might be pushing it...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
FI will be wearing this tux or one like it with an Ivory Ascot/Cravat tie and Ivory Waistcoat/Vest.
30.gif

I love that he wants to wear a cravat ... it will look sharp and be just a touch different.

GM's will be wearing a black suits/tuxes with a soft gold tie & black vest.

** eta - oops super big, sorry.
40.gif

JoAbboudTuxWill.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:44:21 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
40.gif
That is A-ok. Lookie those lips!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Not 100% sure yet, it''s up to him really (ok, within reason). The chapel is on a beach at a resort in the hot tropical weather, so we are thinking lounge suit (suit, but not tux) no vest, open collar (no tie) for the ceremony, and then they can get rid of the jackets, so we are going to need nice dress shirts. We may even forget the jacket altogether and wear nice shirts and trousers.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
My husband really really wanted to wear a tuxedo, which I thought was a little bit formal for our garden wedding. But I got to pick my dress so he picked his tux. He also wanted to wear a bowtie, so I purchased him a nice ivory/goldish/taupe one with a matching cumberbund. Groomsmen wore black tuxes and black ties. I would have preferred the nice black suit idea, but he was set on tuxes.

My only bridezilla drama was when my dad and brother decided that "pinstripe suit with silver tie" was close enough to "black tuxedo with black tie" and rented those instead...

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
we had a winter evening wedding and DH wore a black pinstriped tux with a black shirt, black vest and white tie.
1.gif

n1158854694_296182_2914.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:31:01 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 3/11/2009 1:44:21 AM

Author: Sparkalicious

40.gif

That is A-ok. Lookie those lips!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
+1!!! (Glad someone else said it so I didn''t have to
3.gif
)

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Ermenegildo Zegna: black tuxedo and white dress shirt, Brioni: silk satin tie

Groomsmen will wear black tuxedos, white shirts, black or deep blue (jewel tone) ties

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine wore a formal morning suit because we were married in the morning. He looked amazing.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:37:30 PM
Author: musey
This is what he wore... black Hugo Boss suit, ivory shirt, ivory tie and black vest. Groomsmen had the exact same, except a black tie instead of ivory.
I LOVE this look! I vaguely recall you saying you found the ivory shirts at Cafe Coton in another thread. Do you happen to remember anything about their sizing (how they ran in the sleeves/torso)? We''ve got some TALL boys in our wedding, ranging from 6''3"-6''8", so I''m wondering if nice ivory shirts are worth hunting for...

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:39:41 AM
Author: basil
My husband really really wanted to wear a tuxedo, which I thought was a little bit formal for our garden wedding. But I got to pick my dress so he picked his tux. He also wanted to wear a bowtie, so I purchased him a nice ivory/goldish/taupe one with a matching cumberbund. Groomsmen wore black tuxes and black ties. I would have preferred the nice black suit idea, but he was set on tuxes.

My only bridezilla drama was when my dad and brother decided that ''pinstripe suit with silver tie'' was close enough to ''black tuxedo with black tie'' and rented those instead...

That''s so funny basil. My BF really really wants to wear a tux as well even though we''re almost certainly going to get married on the beach (haven''t officially chosen venue yet). I think it''s cute that he has imagined himself in a tux on his wedding day.
3.gif
I guess the guys want to feel special too.

His dad surprised his mom and wore a burgundy tux with tails for his wedding
32.gif
So I guess I should just be glad he''s looking to wear black.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:50:01 PM
Author: parrot tulips
Date: 3/10/2009 2:37:30 PM
Author: musey
I LOVE this look! I vaguely recall you saying you found the ivory shirts at Cafe Coton in another thread. Do you happen to remember anything about their sizing (how they ran in the sleeves/torso)? We've got some TALL boys in our wedding, ranging from 6'3'-6'8', so I'm wondering if nice ivory shirts are worth hunting for...
You know, I'm not too sure about length. Our guys are 5'8", 5'9" and 6'0" and I know the sleeves did work for everyone, but I don't remember if we had them shortened. I do know that we had the sleeves and torso taken in on all of them, they're not as roomy as the shirts you'd find at Macy's or similar, but they are bigger than our boys needed.

I would definitely call and ask. I would imagine, since they have their tailoring service very integrated in the store (little signs with tailor pricing for different things, and they always ask if you want them to send it to the tailor, etc.) that they make their shirts plenty big for most guys and just plan on altering them if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results