shape
carat
color
clarity

sorry dumb question but how do you highlight in posts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Let me start by saying I have no talent what so ever with technology. I am still trying to navigate the new facebook. How do you guys get the highlighter feature to work in the box of quoted text from a previous post.

Thank you.

RLG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey RLG,

When you post something, there are a bunch of tool options on top of the post box. One of them has a yellow colour to it and has a pen sign with the alphabets ''ab''. So when you want to highlight a text in yellow, highlight it with your mouse and then click that yellow button. And that''s it!

Hope this helps. If not, ask me again!
1.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I can''t seem to get it to highlight text in box of quoted text that is kinda shaded blue.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 11:53:41 AM
Author: RLG
I can't seem to get it to highlight text in box of quoted text that is kinda shaded blue.
Highlight it with your mouse so the text you want to colour is blue. Then go immediately to the yellow box with ab on it above then click on the yellow box. That should bring up the highlight. If you can't highlight the text in blue with your mouse, click the mouse until the cursor shows up beside it then click and drag to highlight.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I can''t seem to get it to highlight text in box of quoted text that is kinda shaded blue.
When you hover over the text in the blue box you want to highlight, you get something that looks kind of like a plus sign. Once you have that, double click in the blue box. Click one more time where you want to highlight. This will give you a cursor. Use that to select the text you want to highlight. Once you have the text selected, hit the highlight button.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:57:54 AM
Author: April20

When you hover over the text in the blue box you want to highlight, you get something that looks kind of like a plus sign. Once you have that, double click in the blue box. Click one more time where you want to highlight. This will give you a cursor. Use that to select the text you want to highlight. Once you have the text selected, hit the highlight button.
Ok. For the life of me I could not get that to work earlier this week.
15.gif
It just kept selecting the box as a whole and never the actual text inside the box. I am using explorer. Anyways seems to work now.
Thank you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When you hover over the text in the blue box you want to highlight, you
get something that looks kind of like a plus sign. Once you have that, double click in the blue box. Click one more time where you want to highlight. This will give you a cursor. Use that to select the text you want to highlight. Once you have the text selected, hit the highlight button.

Neither my work or home computer will allow me to highlight a post on PS. It gives me the ''circle with a slash'' to tell me it''s a no go.

I resort to copy and paste sometimes.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 12:13:19 PM
Author: HollyS

get something that looks kind of like a plus sign. Once you have that, double click in the blue box. Click one more time where you want to highlight. This will give you a cursor. Use that to select the text you want to highlight. Once you have the text selected, hit the highlight button.

Neither my work or home computer will allow me to highlight a post on PS. It gives me the ''circle with a slash'' to tell me it''s a no go.

Holly, i cant even do that. is anyone using a Macbook? i''m on a macbook using safari... i cant for the life of me see any type in yellow. i can highlight just fine..but have no funtion to turn it yellow. my options to the left of the box are bold, italics, underline or strikeout. that''s it.

am i missing something?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:28:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Holly, i cant even do that. is anyone using a Macbook? i''m on a macbook using safari... i cant for the life of me see any type in yellow. i can highlight just fine..but have no funtion to turn it yellow. my options to the left of the box are bold, italics, underline or strikeout. that''s it.

am i missing something?

Me too. I do not have the highlight function.
33.gif
I am on a HP running firefox.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok - decided to try the other options...

Bold
Italics
Strikeout
Underline

still no highlighting option that i can see - and i''m stil on my macbook, but this time on firefox...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
BeachRunner, i think in future i''ll just Bold things i want to highlight...

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:38:50 PM
BeachRunner, i think in future i''ll just Bold things i want to highlight...

Yup, that is what I usually do as well.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I hope you someone has an answer for you guys.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Don''t feel dumb. I am a computer whiz and I couldn''t figure out how to highlight
3.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
That makes me feel better. Now that I can highlight I need to learn how to use all of the smiley faces that aren''t normal options at the bottom of the posting screen.
9.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 7:10:17 PM
That makes me feel better. Now that I can highlight I need to learn how to use all of the smiley faces that aren''t normal options at the bottom of the posting screen.
9.gif

That one I CAN help you with! See
link for various smileys!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oohh, while we''re here, can someone Please tell me how to quote two different comments in the same reply?
I cannot figure this one out!
I''m using IE..
Lozza, anyone?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:36:12 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Date: 4/18/2009 2:28:24 PM

I can't seem to get it to highlight text in box of quoted text that is kinda shaded blue.

Neither my work or home computer will allow me to highlight a post on PS. It gives me the 'circle with a slash' to tell me it's a no go.

Holly, i cant even do that. is anyone using a Macbook? i'm on a macbook using safari... i cant for the life of me see any type in yellow. i can highlight just fine..but have no funtion to turn it yellow. my options to the left of the box are bold, italics, underline or strikeout. that's it.

am i missing something?

Me too. I do not have the highlight function.
33.gif
I am on a HP running firefox.

There is no option to highlight in FF you can do it manually :)

THIS SHOULD BE IN A YELLOW BACKGROUND :)

The code for it is
font>

To make your code work you will need to remove both *'s :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 7:27:53 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Date: 4/18/2009 7:10:17 PM

That makes me feel better. Now that I can highlight I need to learn how to use all of the smiley faces that aren't normal options at the bottom of the posting screen.
9.gif

That one I CAN help you with! See

link for various smileys!
Date: 4/19/2009 2:53:30 AM
Author: arjunajane
oohh, while we're here, can someone Please tell me how to quote two different comments in the same reply?

I cannot figure this one out!

I'm using IE..

Lozza, anyone?

AJ

1) Open up each person you want to quote in a new tab/window depending on how you like to browse :)
2) Hit the quote on each tab
3) Cut and paste the second person you want to quote
4) Paste it before the [*/quote*] tag in the previous persons reply :)
5) Paste your respone below that
6) Hit preview to make sure it looks like it should (not nessecary I just do this for every post :razz:)
7) Hit Submit :) VOLIA :)

Does that make sense?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dee,
thankyou for responding - but errmm..not really sorry!
I did try it, but what does the quote tag look like?
32.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
that button :)

ETA: By tab I meant the new tab or window you have opened :)sorry for not making that clear :)

quotebuttonyay.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I can''t get it to work! I feel really dumb
7.gif

Are you sure it works with IE? I see you''re using FF..

Here''s how far I get, pls tell me what I''m doing wrong!

Hit reply and then quote to a post in this thread
Open up this thread in another tab, and hit reply than quote in that one.
Cut the quote from the second tab..
now I get lost!

I''m not sure where I''m suppoed to paste it? If I paste it in my reply in my first tab,
it doesn''t show up in a box.

I''m sure this is really simple and I look idiotic right now, but I want to be able to do it dammit, lol!
9.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Oh don''t feel dumb. Obviously you aren’t the only one here who has troubles. I couldn''t figure out how to highlight. Someone will get you set straight and quoting in no time at all.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 9:37:44 AM
I'm sorry, I can't get it to work! I feel really dumb
7.gif

Are you sure it works with IE? I see you're using FF..

Here's how far I get, pls tell me what I'm doing wrong!

now I get lost!

I'm not sure where I'm suppoed to paste it? If I paste it in my reply in my first tab,
it doesn't show up in a box.

I'm sure this is really simple and I look idiotic right now, but I want to be able to do it dammit, lol!
9.gif

When you copy the quoted bit out of the second window you've opened, paste it into the reply window where your first quote is. Then you will need to manually put the quote tags around the text in order to get it to show up in a blue box.

Here's a screenshot of the reply window and how/where to put the quote tag. Quote is a 'paired tag' which means it has an 'on' and an 'off'. The 'on' statement is quote in [square brackets] and the 'off' statement is /quote in [square brackets]. Everything in between the 'on' and 'off' will be included in the quote you are making. I hope this helps.
1.gif

codefor2ndquote.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:51:03 PM
Author: girlie-girl

Date: 4/19/2009 9:37:44 AM
I'm sorry, I can't get it to work! I feel really dumb
7.gif

Are you sure it works with IE? I see you're using FF..

Here's how far I get, pls tell me what I'm doing wrong!

now I get lost!

I'm not sure where I'm suppoed to paste it? If I paste it in my reply in my first tab,
it doesn't show up in a box.

I'm sure this is really simple and I look idiotic right now, but I want to be able to do it dammit, lol!
9.gif

When you copy the quoted bit out of the second window you've opened, paste it into the reply window where your first quote is. Then you will need to manually put the quote tags around the text in order to get it to show up in a blue box.

Here's a screenshot of the reply window and how/where to put the quote tag. Quote is a 'paired tag' which means it has an 'on' and an 'off'. The 'on' statement is quote in [square brackets] and the 'off' statement is /quote in [square brackets]. Everything in between the 'on' and 'off' will be included in the quote you are making. I hope this helps.
1.gif

Yes it does, thankyou so much GG! I had no idea how to write those tag things - I'm useless with html (clearly, lol).
thankyou!!

Yay, I did it!! Thankyou very much GG and Dee
36.gif
- now, look out PS, I'm off to double and triple quote ppl, lol !
9.gif

Date: 4/19/2009 4:43:49 AM
Hey Dee,
thankyou for responding - but errmm..not really sorry!
I did try it, but what does the quote tag look like?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sorry AJ I do use FF but I didn''t see this till now but looks all sorted anyway :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:47:21 AM
Author: Deelight
Sorry AJ I do use FF but I didn''t see this till now but looks all sorted anyway :)
yep, I did it!
9.gif
cheers for your help hon
5.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:37:03 PM
ok - decided to try the other options...

Bold

Italics

Strikeout

Underline

still no highlighting option that i can see - and i''m stil on my macbook, but this time on firefox...

Test
Test

Test
Test

This are all the options I have as well
39.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don''t get as many formatting options when I reply. Might be a Mac vs PC thing. So far I haven''t been too bothered by it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results