shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry, but yet another photography thread from me : (

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We met the top contender last night. And I''m so torn!
14.gif
His work is amazing, his prices are even better, but he''s kind of an odd one. A little slow on the emails, blunt and direct. He called last night to tell us he was going to be late, FI said ''okay, that''s fine'', he said ''yep''. CLICK. Huh?!
6.gif

Take a look, I think his work is just what we''re looking for and in our price range including rights, engagement session, a big canvas print, and a 40 page album! But if he''s kinda skeezy would it be worth it? Should we move on though there''s noone else we''ve found yet that offers the same quality in that price range? HELP!
8.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sunny, if you don't like him, don't use him. That's my personal opinion.

ETA: The guy takes really nice pictures but I'd be worried about kicking myself in the @$$ after I already paid him.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I can see why you have fallen for his photo skills,and not the personal skills...I would ask for the name and number of a previous client and speak with them about how everything turned out and if they would recommend him.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mayachel in regard to the previous clients, (this may sound terrible but please don''t take it the wrong way) all of his clients are of the same background as him. You can tell by the names in the blog. And there are no reviews of him anywhere online besides the obvious raves he has on his site. Is he a word of mouth guy? I don''t know!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Holy good-deal & beautiful pictures! Wow. Sunny, I need to move wherever you live... I love my photographer, but this guy''s work is aweeesome and SO WELL PRICED!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I know right?! It''s only $2500 for all that. Arg! So difficult!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH, I wrote this 2 hours ago but it didn''t post!! Anyways, this is wht I think:

Hmm...I looked through his pictures. He does have couples from other cultures in his blog, and his work is really good for the price he''s charging. That said, if you''re not comfortable around him, it''s hard to get into your element when he''s snapping away....especially for intimate shoots, like e-pics and the pic session between the ceremony and reception.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:38:54 PM
Author: kama_s
UGH, I wrote this 2 hours ago but it didn''t post!! Anyways, this is wht I think:

Hmm...I looked through his pictures. He does have couples from other cultures in his blog, and his work is really good for the price he''s charging. That said, if you''re not comfortable around him, it''s hard to get into your element when he''s snapping away....especially for intimate shoots, like e-pics and the pic session between the ceremony and reception.
I agree 110%. If you don''t like the guy (he doesn''t make you laugh, or makes you uncomfortable) he might not "capture" all he could when he photographs you. Esp during the engagement session.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I like the pics. I can see why you like his work. BUT....if you are having feelings that are so-so I think that you should look elsewhere. Imagine that he cops an attitude while taking pics and then you guys are going to be uncomfortable...forget that! Think about it and maybe look elsewhere!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I think we''re gonna go a different direction. Sad, but the guy didn''t give warm fuzzies at all. Would this be a suitable replacement, you think? No album or canvas, but $600 less, 2 extra hours and an extra photog.

www.tanahuffman.com

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hey SunnyD!

I like this wayyyy better! The pics seem more realistic, "down2earth" I don''t know if I make any sense but I like this better! I hope this works out for you guys!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:51:08 PM
Author: mtjoya
Hey SunnyD!

I like this wayyyy better! The pics seem more realistic, ''down2earth'' I don''t know if I make any sense but I like this better! I hope this works out for you guys!
Really?! Sweet! I love her artsy fartsy stuff best.
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
One of the best pieces of advice about wedding photography was given to me by the photo who shot my best friends wedding. He told me that if you can''t get along with the person taking the pics, or your feel uncomfortable, then it''s going to show up in the final product. He considered getting along and feeling comfortable one of the most important things. If he does''t ''get you'' how is he going to capture the moments that are most ''you''.

IMO photography is not something you want to take a chance on. Even though he is a great price, I would feel better with someone else honestly.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Very good advice honey, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results