shape
carat
color
clarity

Soon to be....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
I attended a wedding last evening, and was asked to photograph the proceedings. Looking at the photos today, I realized just how lovely my own bride is. In October of this year, we will celebrate 25 years of marriage.
The problem is, I don''t know what sort of celebration we should plan.
Should I surprise her with a trip somewhere? She luckily has a passport already, so I may be able to surprise her. Where to?
There''s not an awful lot of monety to dedicate to the project, so i need some ideas for a modest but memorable event. Any ideas???

She.jpg

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
It may be less expensive to travel in the US. I''m not sure where you are located, but have you thought about a trip to San Francisco? Or the Sonoma wine region (I see a wine glass in her hand, maybe that''s something she likes?). Or if you want to get out of the country but not spend a ton, Montreal is a lovely city and has a lot to do. Vancouver is also a vibrant, exciting city. You can check out Tripadvisor.com to get ideas for lodgings. If you don''t mind throwing caution to the wind, you may be able to get a great last minute fares to somewhere exotic on site59.com. Congrats on 25 years!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on 25 years! that is so wonderful and you are wonderful for being so sweet to your woman! have you looked at www.luxurylink.com ? i would loooooooooove a surprise from this place. you bid on or buy luxury vacation packages that are good for a certain amont of time (a few months to a year depending on the package). this way, you can surprise her with a luxury package and then together decide when to go. this way she has the surprise element, the anticpation element, as well as the luxury of time to pack what she wants to take with her. they have some AWESOME deals on there. i love to browse and dream...
9.gif

have fun shopping!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She certainly is a lovely lady! Congratulations on your 25th!
36.gif
I think just a weekend getaway would be fabulous...have you thought about doing a spa together, with couples'' massages, etc.? It would be a nice way to "refresh" and "renew" after 25 years, IMO...

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Wow, she is beautiful and no way she''s been married twenty-fve years!! you must have pulled a Jerry Lee Lewis and married her when she was thirteen!
1.gif
A surprise trip would be amazing. I don''t know where you live, but one of the most romantic places I''ve ever been was Whistler, BC. The drive up from Vancouver was completely amazing, and then I felt like I was in a fairytale walking through the little town, taking the lifts up Blackcomb mountain to see amazing views... I don''t ski at all and it''s still a favorite place of mine!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif

I think Montréal is a wonderful idea (yes, I''m biaised), and there are great mountain for some great skiing about an hour''s drive north from there. There''s some great scenery on that drive and gorgeous cliffs (I actually live on that mountain). St-Sauveur is a lovely little town to spend the night in after some skiing. Lots of nice restaurants, boutiques and shops. And of course there''s lots to see and do in Montréal!!

Whatever you decide to do, have fun!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow--did she marry you when she was 10 or what?! She looks fantastic!

In October the flights to Europe start to go down in price--what''s more romantic than that?

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
I must confess something.
My math skills let me down.
This October 2006 it will be 24 years.
At least I''ll be ready when the time comes.

Thanks, yes, she is lovely. Europe in the fall is a wonderful idea. We haven''t been away together, just the twio of us, for many years. She''s an awesome Mom, and won''t leave the kids for hardly a moment. Maybe we''ll have to take them too....and the dog....and the horse....wow, I should have started saving for this a decade ago...
31.gif

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Your wife is beautiful. I don''t know where you are location-wise, but I don''t think you need to go overseas to take her to a spectacular place.
I have a friend who recently got back from The Equinox Resort and Spa in Manchester Village, Vermont, and he can''t stop raving about it. I requested info. and looked on their site, and I''m dying to go there sometime. It looks absolutely wonderful.

www.rockresorts.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results