shape
carat
color
clarity

Songs that have stayed with you...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many songs that fit this category that I can name thousands. But I just heard a song on the radio that has stayed with me through the decades and whenever I hear it I get chills. I was wondering if we could share some of these songs.

The song I just heard was
At Seventeen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz2TNMvL0

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Better Man by Pearl Jam.

Hearing that song brings me back to 6th grade and when I really started to get into music, this specific shirt I had, the way the hallways looked in my school, the way I wore my hair, crushes on boys, the smell and atmosphere of stores like Weathervane, Cherry and Web, Contempo Casuals and 5-7-9 (those are the places I wanted to buy all my clothes, lol). I don't know why that song brings back such strong memories, but every time I hear it, it's like I'm 12-13 years old again.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earliest songs that I remember from the radio, that have stuck with me over the years, are "Spinning Wheel" by Blood Sweat and Tears, and "American Pie", by Don McLean.

Other, later, and much more obscure ones are there of course, but I never forgot those two from the radio, and I was between 6 and 9 when they were playing, so it's been a few years...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have so many:
Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Dream On - Aerosmith
Dude Looks Like a Lady - Aerosmith
Wonderwall - Oasis
Till the River Runs Dry - Garth Brooks
Rodeo - Garth Brooks
I'll be Missing You - The Puff Daddy Tribute to Biggy
Everybody - Backstreet Boys
Weird - Hanson
Fancy - Reba McEntyre

Those are a very very few

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
American Pie- a true masterpiece and definitely one that stays with you- I agree.

Another one though a real oldie-
Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland

Also, White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton (heartbreaking)

Hurt by Johnny Cash (so sad- written after his wife died :(( ) The video is haunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m_VBR8XZYI

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results