shape
carat
color
clarity

Son has poison ivy, need some advice

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay quick update, doctors office was not willing to do a tele visit but called the walk-in and they are willing( change in procedure from yesterday?) so waiting for them to get it setup.

Honestly how ridiculous, like I'm going to bring him to a county with 647 cases when our own county has 74. Doesn't make any sense.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay quick update, doctors office was not willing to do a tele visit but called the walk-in and they are willing( change in procedure from yesterday?) so waiting for them to get it setup.

Honestly how ridiculous, like I'm going to bring him to a county with 647 cases when our own county has 74. Doesn't make any sense.

Oy no it makes no sense. I’m angry on your behalf that your son’s PCP wouldn’t do a telemedicine visit. But relieved the walk in place now will. Thank goodness someone has common sense on the medical side. Good luck Stephanie. Hope your son gets relief soon.

Could it be your son’s dr isn’t set up for telemedicine?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is so frustrating. Hopefully it will all be taken care of at the clinic and he will be feeling much better soon. My DH and son are super sensitive to poison ivy as well and when they get it it is always bad. It seems like a simple thing to telemed Given the overall circumstances.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

The morning's are a bit hectic with homeschooling but just wanted to update that I called his doctor explained everything and she is going to call me back. It looks like he will probably NOT have to go into the office. That is a relief because that county has significantly more COVID cases than ours so if he had to go in I would have just brought him to the walk-in clinic.

@pearlsngems, thank you for all the help especially about the shoelaces because I wouldn't have thought of that!

@House Cat, so sorry your husband is in a similar situation with a pre-existing condition, it really is so stressful. Strep is not what you (or your son) need right now for sure. Unfortunately there is no way for us to isolate ourselves because our house is so small and there is no basement or anywhere else really. It looks like we will probably be able to do a phone visit from the impression I got this morning, waiting for the doctor to call back.

Sorry I did not respond to everyone but I will come back and update.

Good news about the phone appointment! I hope you are able to get the medication your son needs with minimal exposure!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy no it makes no sense. I’m angry on your behalf that your son’s PCP wouldn’t do a telemedicine visit. But relieved the walk in place now will. Thank goodness someone has common sense on the medical side. Good luck Stephanie. Hope your son gets relief soon.

Could it be your son’s dr isn’t set up for telemedicine?

That is the most enraging part is his PCP is setup for it because they told me when I called this morning.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we did a zoom call with the walk-in and they are giving him steroids and a topical cream. So glad they worked with us.

I guess the lesson is if your doctor isn't willing to work with you then call around and find someone who will!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we did a zoom call with the walk-in and they are giving him steroids and a topical cream. So glad they worked with us.

I guess the lesson is if your doctor isn't willing to work with you then call around and find someone who will!

You did great Stephanie. You’re a fierce mama bear! ❤️❤️❤️

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Totally appropriate and safe to do. Glad you got it sorted. Hope he feels better soon!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy gotta be fierce in times like this!

Thanks @Niffler75, glad we found a place with some sensible procedures!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am relieved that you did not have to go anywhere [just read the thread with shudders!] [among the first official measures here, all medical appointments were decreed cancelled - with exceptions to be dealt with one by one, so as to ensure separation between walk-in cases; thankfully, this is one official call that makes sense. Many new phone lines & such. Insurance costs ten icecreams / month.] I had to get into a pharmacy yesterday [ie. where the most likely carriers meet the most likely to die; I'd be happy to do deliveries, but there is no way] - a first in a couple of months, & did not like the idea, allot of alcohol got down the drain after.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Score one for the side of good and logic! Stephanie: I agree with Missy: if not for your fierce Mama Bear efforts this could have turned out considerably worse. So yay, you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank goodness and hope he's on the mend very soon
Time to find a new doctor

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results