shape
carat
color
clarity

sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies

I don't post much but I wanted to share this with people who understand. I'm almost (almost!) in the top ten so I kind of feel like I have been here for awhile. I made up my mind about 6 months ago to just stop talking about it already. We have been long distance for the last 3 years as he completed university (he went back to uni late he's 28 and I'm 33), but it all ends in 23 days when he moves back home so of course this has got me thinking about engagement again!

I don't know about the rest of you but is anyone else a little upset that diamond prices have increased so much lately? I just want to tell him to get on with it already before they go up any more so of course today I decide to mention that fact to him, and of course I have it all built up in my head how I want him to react and of course, he doesn't react much at all. sigh. :???:

So we go back and forth a bit because now I'm frustrated and he said to me (by text msg):

"check it. I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. It isn't for you to stress about so stop stressing! Just enjoy the ride! I have tons of your input. relax"

It made me laugh and feel better because it seems like he has a plan so I think for once I'm just going to try to take his advice (which really is the same advice as what most people say on here!)

Wanted to share that though, makes me feel better just talking about it! Thanks for reading!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Hah, yeah I know what you mean. I noticed through PS that diamond prices are increasing. I also know that despite any marriage conversations recently my boyfriend hasn't even glanced at anything engagement ring related--not even a google search (and he's totally clueless about that stuff). So sometimes when I see him on stupid websites or researching his next hobby I'll think about that. In my head I am thinking "well not like you're doing it now but you might as well not bother anymore because the prices skyrocketed". I am glad I do not say these things out loud.

And as far as thinking how he'd react--I always have it different in my head too. Ya know, him actually participating in the conversation instead of just saying "okay" or "sure" which obviously doesn't help.

:bigsmile:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure he does have something planned and doesn't want you to ruin any surprises for yourself. A lot of guys seem to have this idea that they can surprise us if they don't talk about it because then we'll just forget about getting engaged.. yeah right :lol:. I was just thinking about the diamond price increase last night and hoping my boyfriend has already bought a ring but honestly I don't think he has :???:. Well, try and relax and keep your mind off of it if you can. I hope it happens soon! ~*~*~*~*DUST*~*~*~*~

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
titian23|1303911273|2906133 said:
Hi Ladies
"check it. I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. It isn't for you to stress about so stop stressing! Just enjoy the ride! I have tons of your input. relax"
This literally made me LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It sounds like it's on his mind too so the safest thing for you to do would be to let him take the reigns and try not to stress too much. If you feel it building up you can always come here to vent!! :wavey:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
titian23|1303911273|2906133 said:
Hi Ladies

I don't post much but I wanted to share this with people who understand. I'm almost (almost!) in the top ten so I kind of feel like I have been here for awhile. I made up my mind about 6 months ago to just stop talking about it already. We have been long distance for the last 3 years as he completed university (he went back to uni late he's 28 and I'm 33), but it all ends in 23 days when he moves back home so of course this has got me thinking about engagement again!

I don't know about the rest of you but is anyone else a little upset that diamond prices have increased so much lately? I just want to tell him to get on with it already before they go up any more so of course today I decide to mention that fact to him, and of course I have it all built up in my head how I want him to react and of course, he doesn't react much at all. sigh. :???:

So we go back and forth a bit because now I'm frustrated and he said to me (by text msg):

It made me laugh and feel better because it seems like he has a plan so I think for once I'm just going to try to take his advice (which really is the same advice as what most people say on here!)

Wanted to share that though, makes me feel better just talking about it! Thanks for reading!

My boyfriend and I have been in a 2 year long distance relationship while we have been in grad school so I understand how you feel . I know you are looking forward to getting engaged and starting your lives together but just give him a little time. I found that nagging my boyfriend about getting engaged didnt get me very far and once I let go of the timeline I had set up in my head about when we should get engaged and married I found I was much happier. And in fact it was only after my boyfriend graduated and felt more settled that he himself brought up going engagement ring shopping without any prompting from me. Diamond prices are always going to increase and decrease with the fluctuations of the global economy so there isnt much you can do about that. But alot of online diamond vendors offer a lifetime trade in policy so even if you cant afford right now to have the engagement ring of your dreams it might be possible to upgrade your ring at a later point !

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the great input! I completely agree that talking to him about it does not work, but you know how the saying about best intentions goes! I am however going to look forward to him coming home for good and stop worrying about the other stuff!

I can not wait to have him back everyday. It will be so nice to start "normal life" instead of always having to be in vacation-mode when I see him.

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Titian ~ Hang in there. It sounds like he's thinking about it and has his own plan, so now you just have to let him work that plan out. Come to PS when you need to vent - we're all here for you. Believe me, most, if not all, of us have been there in some way and can totally relate. Hope you're feeling better after getting that off your chest! :)

Grlsbestfrnd|1303918818|2906210 said:
I'm sure he does have something planned and doesn't want you to ruin any surprises for yourself. A lot of guys seem to have this idea that they can surprise us if they don't talk about it because then we'll just forget about getting engaged.. yeah right :lol:. I was just thinking about the diamond price increase last night and hoping my boyfriend has already bought a ring but honestly I don't think he has :???:. Well, try and relax and keep your mind off of it if you can. I hope it happens soon! ~*~*~*~*DUST*~*~*~*~

This drives me crazy about my BF. He told me a few months ago that he wants it to be a surprise, and if we're talking about it all the time, it's not a surprise. So, since we went ring shopping about a month ago, I've kept my mouth completely shut. So, in his mind, I've forgotten about it so it'll be a surprise. Whereas, in my mind, I think about it constantly and want to SCREAM! Hahaha...guess this is just part of the LIW process. Glad to hear my BF isn't the only one who thinks we just forget about it if we don't talk about it.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel. I'm getting pretty close to the top ten myself (which I never expected to happen!) and I'm very upset about the diamond prices too. There was one diamond on BGD's website I had been watching that has increased in price by $2500! I tried to tell BF about this, but he just doesn't get it. Unfortunately, he has it in his mind that we need a certain size and right now, it's looking like we won't be able to afford it because of the price increase. Very frustrating indeed :|

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results