shape
carat
color
clarity

Something for a friend......

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5DEF99F3-1A44-4BB5-BF34-8AE8F3A2357C.jpeg 442B7D68-D29A-427D-B3FC-6F32F5013A62.jpeg I can’t post anywhere else because this is a special surprise but I’m bursting to share.
A few years ago I was desperate to have a Saluki (that’s her in my profile pic) and a wonderful lady I met online helped me enormously both with her knowledge and her contacts.
Her beautiful show bitch was the first “live” Saluki I got to meet. Fast forward a few years and many many conversations and she has plans for breeding her special girl and I’m “on the list” for a second Saluki to join our family.
As a well researched and 110% reputable breeder she had the usual genetic pre testing done and devastatingly a serious recessive gene (meaning her dog shows no signs) has been detected and so tragically she will not breed from her beautiful and special girl. How my heart broke for her. Her dogs are her love and her life and to have her wonderful plans and hopes for the future dashed so cruelly is awful.
There is a very talented lady who lives overseas whose artwork with silk is exquisite so I had a little something made for my dear and very sad friend.
This is it, in her favourite colours, and a little extra special gift from the artist for her girl.
:love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Bron, I am touched by what a thoughtful and beautiful thing you have done for your friend!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh, Bron, your generosity warms my heart!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg Bron this is such an amazing gift for your friend!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful scarf! Salukis are really wonderful animals that I just don't have the energy for. Give me a lazy ass greyhound!!! :lol-2: Very sad for your friend though.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful scarf! Salukis are really wonderful animals that I just don't have the energy for. Give me a lazy ass greyhound!!! :lol-2: Very sad for your friend though.
:lol::lol::lol:
We did rescue greys (ex racers) for 12 years and Arya was my first “non rescue” and yes, those couch potatoes aka giraffe hounds are much easier.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet Bron... a thoughtful and personalized gift in her favorite colors with her favorite pups will certainly help to cheer her up!

I hope you are able to find another breeder/friend that can provide you with a beautiful pup!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
That’s such a beautiful gift for your friend! So sorry to hear her sad news.
My college mascot was a Saluki and occasionally you could spot one or two at school events. They are such beautiful dogs ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful & thoughtful gift!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’ll absolutely love it!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely gift! I hope she loves it!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
A beautiful and generous gesture and gift.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful and kind gift. I am sad your friend is unable to fulfill the dream of breeding her special dog. You are a good friend to reach out to her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results