shape
carat
color
clarity

Something Blue - Please tell me what you think of this Art Deco brooch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I have a sale pending on this 1930s Coro Duette Brooch. I thought that it might work nicely for my "something blue". It''s a bit early, but I was worried that I wouldn''t be able to find something like this (and in good condition) again. So it''s my V-day/birthday gift this month. At first I felt silly spending money on rhinestones. But since it''s a versatile piece, I''m thinking that I might not buy blingy shoes and put the clips on a pair of cheaper, plain shoes. Alternatively, I might wear it in my hair. I plan on having a birdcage veil. Apparently, my "dream wedding" is taking on a vintage glam feel so I thought that the Art Deco style fit. What do you guys think? Worth it or was I silly?

blue brooch.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Sorry that was big. Let''s see if this one is smaller. Here''s a pic of it as clips.

blue clips.jpg

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
i really like it! I heart art deco style jewelry and I think it would be gorgeous in your hair. More so than on shoes.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
I like it too! It''s pretty!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it too! I think you will be able to find the perfect way to use it for your wedding. I think it will look great in your hair. What style shoes are you looking at?

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys!

I was thinking of getting dyeable d''orsay peeptoes. Can I dye them black after the wedding?

dyeable shoes.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
If I wear the brooch in my hair, then I think that I''d like to put it in the back. I have black hair so there should be a nice contrast. I hope that I don''t have to alter the brooch though. Anybody see any pics with a brooch hairstyle like this and a birdcage veil?

brooch hair.jpg

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:12:03 PM
Author: Honey228
Thanks guys!

I was thinking of getting dyeable d''orsay peeptoes. Can I dye them black after the wedding?
I think that would be a great idea to dye them black after the wedding! You would probably get a lot more use out of them by doing that! Good idea! I love this style. :)

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I was thinking, I didn''t think I''d wear white shoes much again hehe. I hope that I can dance in them!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this brooch! It''s really beautiful.

I have a vintage rhinestone dress clip that I often wear in my hair when I''m dressing up. It''s so pretty to have something sparkly tucked into an updo.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I ended up getting this one, so if anyone is interested in the first one that I posted, then it''s still available via rubylane. I''m happy with this one, but it looks a little dirty - any recommendations for cleaning it?

duettebrooch.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
And one more quick pic.

duetteclips.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely! I vote to wear it as a hair clip. I think it''ll be gorgeous!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hey elrohwen! Did you get your hair clip yet? Did you get to try on the earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results