shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone tell me no more!! And then enable me to get some scarves !

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Someone tell me no more! Today I bought 3 new handbags ( no expensive brands just generic bags so I wont freak out if they are not perfect after using) and this is in addition to the one I ordered online Friday! But in all fairness, one is for my trip to Oahu next month so I had to get that one!

DH rolled his eyes at me when I walked in today with my bags inside bags. Surely I can’t be the only one who may have an extra purse or 40. :kiss2:

And my bigger problem now that I am home is I need more scarves to dress up my new ones.

Where do you guys get scarves from?

This is one of the use and toss bags I bought but I don’t have a ton of scarves and the nice silk ones I have I don’t want to risk hurting since I know how hard I am on my bags.

Should I just buy fabric and make my own? I have a sewing machine somewhere :lol: this is the one that I really need scarves for. It is all black. My bags take a lot of stress and wear so I need some not too expensive options!
View attachment 657308

Any ideas?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
23A62160-309F-4439-A329-25C9A936A393.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one day i was out running errands with my husband and he wanted to stop in a store to look for i can't remember what. he finds his thing, we walk to the register. as we were about to leave is said "i don't need a purse. i'm just going to take a look at that purse." and a minute later was buying that purse. :lol:definitely a case of want vs. need. whenever i do that i try to find something to sell or giveaway to balance it out. :mrgreen2:

for scarves if you're not opposed to pre-loved, consignment shops will usually have some nice ones at good prices. for new ones they are cheap on amazon esp the twilly style little ones. have a great trip!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am up to 28 bags (plus a few I probably forgot to count) and something like 12 scarves? Most have come from auctions benefiting animal rescues. I love cute but inexpensive so I can swap it up often and not worry about doing bad things to the bags...

Now I need to actually wear a scarf sometime to justify having them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never put a scarf on a bag. Thankfully that is one thing that isn't on my wish list! :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Up until recently I had never put a scarf on a bag either. I have a lot of plain bags though and have been in the mood to dress them up! When bags have a pattern or nice stitching, I haven't tried a scarf yet, but the plain ones I am ready to do something different with them.
I have even thought about doing seasonal scarves:eek2: A white and blue snowflake scarf for winter, maybe a red and green patterned one up until Christmas.

If I decide I don't like them or they are getting on my nerves thankfully the purses will look ok anyway!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only put scarves on a bag occasionally... but I do wear scarves around my neck a lot.

I buy only silk ones, I don't like synthetic. I usually buy them vintage on etsy. I tend to stay in the range of $15-$30 per scarf, depending on size and condition.

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results