carat
color
clarity

Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

jkonst

Rough_Rock

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
I don’t mind they way they feel at all, my only complain is I wish they sat closer to my ear if that makes sense? It seems like there is a lot of metal on the sides which makes them not sit as flush as I may like! (If I paid full price lol, I have a lot more leniency due to the price!!)

Yep, I agree. I love the great deal and the story, but I may return mine because I like my round studs better due to the way they sit on my ears.

On a related note, I was in Tiffany today wearing a BGD bracelet and a Costco bracelet. The Tiffany SA commented that the Costco one really sparkled and asked where I got it. Lol. I told her. No shame in Costco diamonds.

On the flip side, the pink sapphire Tiffany bracelet I went in with every intention of buying because it looks so pretty on the website turned out to be sad IRL.

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Shinybaubles, I was a part of the group that canceled their orders and lucked out. :(2 if you decide to part with these.... :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I agree. I love the great deal and the story, but I may return mine because I like my round studs better due to the way they sit on my ears.

On a related note, I was in Tiffany today wearing a BGD bracelet and a Costco bracelet. The Tiffany SA commented that the Costco one really sparkled and asked where I got it. Lol. I told her. No shame in Costco diamonds.

On the flip side, the pink sapphire Tiffany bracelet I went in with every intention of buying because it looks so pretty on the website turned out to be sad IRL.

Soo do you like your BGD or Costco bracelet more? Would love more details on each. :geek2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was going to say the same thing just list them on LT and here, someone will buy them from you for that price + the cost of shipping.

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
Soo do you like your BGD or Costco bracelet more? Would love more details on each. :geek2:
The short answer is that I love them both!

Here is the long answer:

The BGD bracelet is their platinum shared prong bangle in the 2.0 or 3.0 caret range (I honestly can’t recall which I have. I think 2.5).

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/shared-prong-bangle-platinum-5418p

You can see the little arrows in each stone and each is a fireball. Their perfection makes me smile. The bracelet is solid and stacks with almost everything, plus it stands nicely on its own. (Side note: I did have a little problem when I first received it because both clasps were loose. I was lazy about sending it back, wore it, went to the store and pumped gas one day, got home, noticed before I even got in the door that it was GONE. Heart stopped, I screeched like a banshee for my husband, we immediately went our separate ways to locate it :-o:eek-2: FOUND it at the gas station, on the pavement, near the pumps, where it could have so easily been rolled over and crushed (or picked up by anyone). My heart is racing now, just writing this.)

The Costco bracelet the SA complimented is this one
https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilli...kt-White-Gold-Bracelet.product.100454432.html

I bought it because it is adjustable (which allows for maximum wearing flexibility), it is unique, and the dangling chain is stinking cute and feminine. The diamonds are bright, white, and very sparkly (higher than an “I” for sure) but they are not the same animal in terms of cut. This is, though, only apparent to me — no one looking from any normal viewing distance would notice cut, and, most people looking close up wouldn’t either, unless they are PS members. :whistle: So you guys would, but not your friends.

This bracelet is, though, extremely delicate and it is not the easiest thing to put on and take off because it is a bolo. If you have little ones who are in the grabby stage, or have a kitten, the bolo will tempt them! I also worry that the chain will one day give because there is no safety clasp (and no way I can see to add one). My hope is that, if this happens, it will be at home (or, maybe, the lucky gas station. :lol: ), I will find it, and, of course, Costco will give me a new one). It is, also, very dainty. I love the look, but it won’t appeal to people who enjoy a bolder diamond presence.

With respect to the earrings, if I decide not to keep them, I love the idea of selling them at cost to someone who missed out!! I am going to hold off on deciding, so that I do not end up with seller’s remorse, but if I let them go, I will definitely do it via PS, at our “special” cost, plus shipping.

(Another option is reopening my second holes (which I let close years ago) and wearing them like blackrock15. That is a great look!)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
The short answer is that I love them both!

Here is the long answer:

The BGD bracelet is their platinum shared prong bangle in the 2.0 or 3.0 caret range (I honestly can’t recall which I have. I think 2.5).

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/shared-prong-bangle-platinum-5418p

You can see the little arrows in each stone and each is a fireball. Their perfection makes me smile. The bracelet is solid and stacks with almost everything, plus it stands nicely on its own. (Side note: I did have a little problem when I first received it because both clasps were loose. I was lazy about sending it back, wore it, went to the store and pumped gas one day, got home, noticed before I even got in the door that it was GONE. Heart stopped, I screeched like a banshee for my husband, we immediately went our separate ways to locate it :-o:eek-2: FOUND it at the gas station, on the pavement, near the pumps, where it could have so easily been rolled over and crushed (or picked up by anyone). My heart is racing now, just writing this.)

The Costco bracelet the SA complimented is this one
https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilliant-1.00-ctw-VS2-Clarity,-I-Color-Diamond-14kt-White-Gold-Bracelet.product.100454432.html

I bought it because it is adjustable (which allows for maximum wearing flexibility), it is unique, and the dangling chain is stinking cute and feminine. The diamonds are bright, white, and very sparkly (higher than an “I” for sure) but they are not the same animal in terms of cut. This is, though, only apparent to me — no one looking from any normal viewing distance would notice cut, and, most people looking close up wouldn’t either, unless they are PS members. :whistle: So you guys would, but not your friends.

This bracelet is, though, extremely delicate and it is not the easiest thing to put on and take off because it is a bolo. If you have little ones who are in the grabby stage, or have a kitten, the bolo will tempt them! I also worry that the chain will one day give because there is no safety clasp (and no way I can see to add one). My hope is that, if this happens, it will be at home (or, maybe, the lucky gas station. :lol: ), I will find it, and, of course, Costco will give me a new one). It is, also, very dainty. I love the look, but it won’t appeal to people who enjoy a bolder diamond presence.

With respect to the earrings, if I decide not to keep them, I love the idea of selling them at cost to someone who missed out!! I am going to hold off on deciding, so that I do not end up with seller’s remorse, but if I let them go, I will definitely do it via PS, at our “special” cost, plus shipping.

(Another option is reopening my second holes (which I let close years ago) and wearing them like blackrock15. That is a great look!)

Hey shinybaubles I have that costcy bracelet too and I love it!!!:love: I can only wear it when I have someone closeby to help me with putting on and off lol. I really love it and my fiance loves it! I really want a 10 or 12 carat tennis bracelet. I was curious about the costco tennis bracelets. Thanks for sharing.

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
Hey shinybaubles I have that costcy bracelet too and I love it!!!:love: I can only wear it when I have someone closeby to help me with putting on and off lol. I really love it and my fiance loves it! I really want a 10 or 12 carat tennis bracelet. I was curious about the costco tennis bracelets. Thanks for sharing.

Ok, I hesitate to say this on a diamond forum, but . . .

At my specific request, my husband bought me the 10 caret for a big birthday. It is drop dead gorgeous. I cannot say this enough — it is huge and white and feels and looks like sunshine on the wrist. I showed it to my picky girlfriend that night and she said one word: “bitch.”

Here is the part I hesitate to say . . . I returned it a few months later because it is way too bold for me. I never felt comfortable wearing it as an every day bracelet, so it just sat there looking gorgeous in a box. When I returned it, the Costco woman who had to examine the bracelet was gaga over it. She asked why I was returning it and when I said “too big” she looked at me like I had six heads. My friends and my husband thought I was nuts. In my defense, I think I am more practical than nuts. I only want things I regularly use.

If you are thinking about it get it. If you like bold, guarantee you will freaking love it. I promise. The only problem is that the clasp is bad. It will need a safety bracelet.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Finally got the earrings today after it got escalated to the resolutions team. Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

2019-08-19_09-57-32_869.jpg

Next step is to figure out how to insure these. Unfortunately. it looks like Costco took down the 14k/1ctw/princess earring listing again. I remember it was for 2K right?

Do you think Jewelers Mutual will accept these as a "fair value" without an appraisal? https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilli...Platinum-Stud-Earrings.product.100485119.html It's not exactly like for like because these are round and platinum. But I wouldn't mind paying an extra 10 dollars a year in insurance costs if that's what it takes.

Blue Nile has a pair that are around the 2K mark, but the diamonds are I/I1 :sick: https://www.bluenile.com/princess-stud-diamond-earrings-14k-white-gold_50010

James Allen has a pair H-I/VS1-VS2 that are $3.7K https://www.jamesallen.com/earrings...rincess-cut-diamond-earrings-1-ctw-item-62342

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

HDer, I'm so happy for you. Finally. I think you may be the last. Sorry, I can't help with insurance.

Annette

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Finally got the earrings today after it got escalated to the resolutions team. Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

2019-08-19_09-57-32_869.jpg

Next step is to figure out how to insure these. Unfortunately. it looks like Costco took down the 14k/1ctw/princess earring listing again. I remember it was for 2K right?

Do you think Jewelers Mutual will accept these as a "fair value" without an appraisal? https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilliant-1.00-ctw-VS2-Clarity,-I-Color-Diamond-Platinum-Stud-Earrings.product.100485119.html It's not exactly like for like because these are round and platinum. But I wouldn't mind paying an extra 10 dollars a year in insurance costs if that's what it takes.

Blue Nile has a pair that are around the 2K mark, but the diamonds are I/I1 :sick: https://www.bluenile.com/princess-stud-diamond-earrings-14k-white-gold_50010

James Allen has a pair H-I/VS1-VS2 that are $3.7K https://www.jamesallen.com/earrings...rincess-cut-diamond-earrings-1-ctw-item-62342

All Costco jewelry comes with an appraisal. These earrings didn't come with one? The 0.50ctws I returned had appraisals, but I opted out of the 1ctw ones so maybe they don't come with any.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It came with a document but I don't remember seeing a price on it. I will check though. Thank you!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Hi,

HDer, I'm so happy for you. Finally. I think you may be the last. Sorry, I can't help with insurance.

Annette
Picking mine up today! I had only just shipped mine out last Monday.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
All Costco jewelry comes with an appraisal. These earrings didn't come with one? The 0.50ctws I returned had appraisals, but I opted out of the 1ctw ones so maybe they don't come with any.

Mine did not come with the appraisal :(

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope no appraisal amount. Just a generic description of the item.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Ha, well this earring fiasco certainly did keep me a Costco fan, and I just picked up my 1ctw platinum eternity band! It's beautiful and was on sale last week for $999
IMG_6847.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6843.JPG
    IMG_6843.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I hesitate to say this on a diamond forum, but . . .

At my specific request, my husband bought me the 10 caret for a big birthday. It is drop dead gorgeous. I cannot say this enough — it is huge and white and feels and looks like sunshine on the wrist. I showed it to my picky girlfriend that night and she said one word: “bitch.”

Here is the part I hesitate to say . . . I returned it a few months later because it is way too bold for me. I never felt comfortable wearing it as an every day bracelet, so it just sat there looking gorgeous in a box. When I returned it, the Costco woman who had to examine the bracelet was gaga over it. She asked why I was returning it and when I said “too big” she looked at me like I had six heads. My friends and my husband thought I was nuts. In my defense, I think I am more practical than nuts. I only want things I regularly use.

If you are thinking about it get it. If you like bold, guarantee you will freaking love it. I promise. The only problem is that the clasp is bad. It will need a safety bracelet.
Hi shinybaubles thanks for the feedback! I know I really need to try them on because I dont even know if I will like having 10 to 12 carat tennis bracelet. I think I will though teehee. :lol:
I'm picking up my 1 carat studs on Friday!:appl:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ha, well this earring fiasco certainly did keep me a Costco fan, and I just picked up my 1ctw platinum eternity band! It's beautiful and was on sale last week for $999
IMG_6847.JPG [/QUOT

It looks gorgeous!!! And more pics please...congratulations!!! We owe our earrings to you thanks for posting!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
So sparkly! And whereas the sparkle difference was noticable in the 0.5 ctw pair, I don't think I could differentiate between these ones! I can't wear them yet but brainstorming/daydreaming about ring designs now :love:

Thank you again @anon34985 for both the first and second alerts on the deal!

IMG_20190819_224132.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok folks I'm loving my 1 carat princess diamond studs!!!:geek2::love::appl: They are my first princess cut diamonds and they sparkle beautifully! I really like the setting. To me, studs can be sometimes boring teehee but when I look in the mirror they have great presence. My fiance says they are well proportioned on me. I think they are lots of fun, stylish, modern, day and night earrings. So I'm thrilled! Thank you anon profusely for posting this deal and to all who had fun along the way! This is jewelry with a great story. Now onto the shots... 20190823_180812.jpg 20190823_190818.jpg 20190823_190805.jpg 20190823_191131.jpg
I can see some color with I but it doesn't bother me on my ear:geek2:. Here is a comparison of my G 1.2ctw o-ring with .5 I princess stud. 20190824_090035.jpg 20190824_090049.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update! David has my princess studs. He unmounted them. One is .50 and the other is .54..He said they are H/I color and VS quality!! I just got the first cad! He’s trying different size melee to see which looks best!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok folks I'm loving my 1 carat princess diamond studs!!!:geek2::love::appl: They are my first princess cut diamonds and they sparkle beautifully! I really like the setting. To me, studs can be sometimes boring teehee but when I look in the mirror they have great presence. My fiance says they are well proportioned on me. I think they are lots of fun, stylish, modern, day and night earrings. So I'm thrilled! Thank you anon profusely for posting this deal and to all who had fun along the way! This is jewelry with a great story. Now onto the shots... 20190823_180812.jpg 20190823_190818.jpg 20190823_190805.jpg 20190823_191131.jpg
I can see some color with I but it doesn't bother me on my ear:geek2:. Here is a comparison of my G 1.2ctw o-ring with .5 I princess stud. 20190824_090035.jpg 20190824_090049.jpg
They look so pretty on you @blingdream!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Update! David has my princess studs. He unmounted them. One is .50 and the other is .54..He said they are H/I color and VS quality!! I just got the first cad! He’s trying different size melee to see which looks best!

I am looking forward to seeing them when complete. They are going to be gorgeous!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! This thread's excitement continues with @Mamabean's project!! This is so much fun!! Can't wait to see those beauties haloed!!! :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results