shape
carat
color
clarity

Some venting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I don''t post here often, but I lurk a lot. Our wedding is September 8th. FI''s parents and my parents told us they would give us $5,000 each for the wedding. That was almost a year and a half ago. About three weeks before the wedding they mentioned being responsible for the rehearsal dinner (we''re not planning on anything big...if anything at all...and they haven''t asked about it at all) and the alcohol at the wedding. We only have a handful of friends coming, so the bill shouldn''t be that big, $2000 at the very most, probably closer to $1000. I''m letting FI deal with it. He has some savings to cover it, but I''m ticked that his parents promised a set amount and then changed it with less than a month to go (so far my parents have been paying all of the deposits)...we''ve been planning our wedding based on what we were getting from our parents, we might have planned a little differently otherwise. Our parents told us that we could use the money toward wedding/house/whatever, we bought a house, so we were using that money for wedding. I told fiance that if they''re paying for just those two things they really need to be the ones planning the rehearsal dinner then. But I''m trying really hard to butt out and let him handle it.

Second vent...the best man. He still HAS NOT ordered his tux!!!! I think it''s too late for him to order it now. He has asked my FI to call After Hours and get the model numbers of everything because he found a tux store where he lives that says they can match it. But who knows when FI will remember to do that, and if the tuxes will even match. We''ve told him that if his tux is different in any way that he''d better have brought a suit too, because he''s not wearing a different tux. He''s had TWO MONTHS to order his freaking tux...all he has to do is get his measurements taken somewhere and call it in to After Hours. The ironic part is that of the three men in the wedding party he''s the only one that is married. It doesn''t help that I''ve never met him before either (it''s a college friend of FI''s that lives on the west coast, while we lived in NJ/Korea for the last three years).

Third vent...our cake place went OUT OF BUSINESS. And didn''t TELL us! My mom had been trying to call them and hadn''t been able to get through, so she stopped by in person. It was the last day people could visit the store, the next day was a public auction. They''re still doing my cake though, the owner with the help of someone else are doing I guess. But they didn''t have the location or anything marked down.

But the good news is we got our marriage license today and have made most of our music selections (just need a cake cutting song). I still can''t wait to get married, I just wish this other stuff wasn''t clouding it. Anyway, thanks for listening.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hey date twin! I''m sorry that you''re having to deal with all of this so close to the wedding. Can you believe it''s 2.5 weeks now?!

I totally hear you on the tux thing. One of our groomsmen finally got me the correct measurements just last week (he''s in england so he had me call it in...shouldn''t that be FI''s job since it''s his friend???) and in the same breath he told me he''d be booking his ticket that day. Who waits until 3 weeks before the wedding to book their ticket when they''ve known about it for over a year?!?! Especially when they''re in the wedding party!? Sorry, didn''t mean to vent on your thread. The nearness of the wedding is really getting to me. Not to mention I have a serious case of PMS (sorry if that''s tmi).

Thank goodness they''re still able to do your cake even though they''ve closed!

You''re way ahead of me on music. I have most of the ceremony musc picked, but haven''t talked to the dj about it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results