shape
carat
color
clarity

Some more stats and photos about "Lady J" :)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
So happy and excited that I needed to share!

Sent the wire funds for Lady J this morning, she’s officially mine! :naughty:

My princess cut diamond sold yesterday, so that made paying for her slightly easier on the wallet. :$$): I also took it as a sign that Lady J was meant to be! :halo:

Erica is going to send the CAD’s, hopefully in about a week. As mentioned we went with the modified Julia setting, 6 prongs, no pave.

Now for some more stats about Lady J:

Shape: Round (Transitional)
Carat Weight: 2.61
Cut:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: EGL USA
Depth: 58.6%
Table: 59%
Crown: 16.5%
Pavilion: 39.1%
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Culet: Small
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.90 x 8.80 x 5.19

Photos:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/260ct-Early-Modern-Brilliant/23819328_MKkDnZ#!i=1999640216&k=R43xv7z

Additional Photos:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Client-Folders/KB-Pics-of-261/28038042_M3KWts

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm all wiggly with excitement for you!!! Make sure she can GUARANTEE it will be all lovely and finished and ready for our GTA GTG (whether that's June or August!! hahaha!!!)

Of course it will - and it is going to be S T U N N I N G!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that diamond, its the one I thought you were talking about.

Have you seen it in person? I really really recommend you see the diamond in person before you set the stone, so that you can decidd for sure you love it before you commit. Or will you be allowed a return period if its set?

It is easy to have a diamond sent to you, examine and enjoy it, then ship it back to JBEG. Customes are not an issue, you pay taxes the first time you import but you don't the subsequent times as long as the paperwork in done right.

ETA: This is always me recommendation when ppl buy old cuts, because each is unique. I thin its especially important for someone like you who has changed direction in cut style once already, suggesting that you have preferences for cut (some ppl don't).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1361553149|3387679 said:

Have you seen it in person? I really really recommend you see the diamond in person before you set the stone, so that you can decidd for sure you love it before you commit. Or will you be allowed a return period if its set?

It is easy to have a diamond sent to you, examine and enjoy it, then ship it back to JBEG. Customes are not an issue, you pay taxes the first time you import but you don't the subsequent times as long as the paperwork in done right.

ETA: This is always me recommendation when ppl buy old cuts, because each is unique. I thin its especially important for someone like you who has changed direction in cut style once already, suggesting that you have preferences for cut (some ppl don't).

Beautiful diamond! I agree with Dreamer though- you should check it out in person before setting. Just in case. Old cuts even more than modern cuts really need to be seen in real life to make sure it knocks your socks off and also to figure out what setting would suit it best. Each stone has its own personality and you just don't know till you see it for sure if that setting would work best for your new stone. But most importantly see it loose so you can make sure you are in love with it. And once it is set you might not be able to return it...

Good luck- she's a beauty!!!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1361553149|3387679 said:

I understand and appreciate your opinion Dreamer (and missy). I have 100% faith in this stone, and I'm confident I will love it.

God forbid something is wrong, or I hate it, I know Erica will try her best to help. Erica has been nothing short of sheer perfection to work with thus far, and her professionalism in my opinion is "almost" unmatched (to be fair I can't say perfect because I don't have the ring yet). She has put my mind at ease, and I value her trust as well - it shows how confident she is in her work and product quality.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1361552622|3387670 said:
I'm all wiggly with excitement for you!!! Make sure she can GUARANTEE it will be all lovely and finished and ready for our GTA GTG (whether that's June or August!! hahaha!!!)

Of course it will - and it is going to be S T U N N I N G!!!!

LOL Enerchi, CAD's take approximately a week and then production is another 3 weeks. So give-or-take, this time next month I should have my darling Lady J. Lots of time before our GTA GTG. ;))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: Some more stats and photos about "Lady J" :)

I wanted to comment on your sold thread but the mods were super quick about locking it up and throwing the key away! (It's a compliment mods! Thanks for being on top of things! *they're listening! Shhh!*)

I'm so happy that your princess sold so fast! I wanna hurry up and see the Julia with your honker!!!

But I also agree with Dreamer that if it was me, I would see the diamond first. But, Erica and Grace are pretty amazing people so I'm sure they will try to work something out if anything happens. I just stress cuz I bought an OEC from them and thought it was gonna be THE ONE. It was a beautiful beautiful stone! But it just didn't give me "the feeling" ya know? Like buying a wedding dress. You can try on so many similar dresses but they are all not it until you out THAT ONE on.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others about seeing the stone in person first. I know you were looking for an OEC but when I look at these pics, I just don't see what I think of as a chunky old cut stone. Maybe its just my eyes but top-down, it reminds me more of an RB (does anyone else think that or am I just crazy?) It's still a beautiful stone though and I do love the high crown...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh SO nice!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1361648129|3388670 said:
I agree with the others about seeing the stone in person first. I know you were looking for an OEC but when I look at these pics, I just don't see what I think of as a chunky old cut stone. Maybe its just my eyes but top-down, it reminds me more of an RB (does anyone else think that or am I just crazy?) It's still a beautiful stone though and I do love the high crown...

You're right, I was looking for an OEC. But when this one "popped" up unexpectantly, I was just as surprised to fall instantly in love with it (from the photos and videos anyways). Plus it makes a huge difference to me that this was the first one that DH also liked. I like the fact that it's different, that it's a mystery stone of sorts. Not an OEC, not a true trannie per say, not a RB. I still see chunky facets, it has a small cutlet which I like, high crown, and an unusual flower pattern (reminds me of a elongated chrysanthemum).

Am I taking a risk, yes. But I'm also not the type of person that is looking for a perfect stone on paper or by what others may judge as ideal. I wanted it to be unique, one-of-a-kind, and something that made my heart pitter patter. So far so good.

Being in Canada does has it's disadvantages. Shipping is one of them. Dealing with customs and insurance is a PITA. Plus I'll be honest, we're going to cross the border to pick up Lady J when she's ready so we can avoid paying the extra sales tax.

So many things fell into line perfectly to make this happen, and for now I’m going to follow my gut and heart and say this one is a keeper.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you've chosen the perfect stone for you! Sounds like you've given Lady J a lot of thought and you are in love --- you can't argue with being in love with a diamond! ;))

Really excited for you - ok, you said we have a few weeks before CAD's and delivery and I'm so excited to meet Lady J in August!! - she'll look great draped around a wine glass!! hahaha!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's huge! That will be some great finger coverage there!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
two_little_birds|1361664453|3388866 said:
stargurl78|1361648129|3388670 said:

You're right, I was looking for an OEC. But when this one "popped" up unexpectantly, I was just as surprised to fall instantly in love with it (from the photos and videos anyways). Plus it makes a huge difference to me that this was the first one that DH also liked. I like the fact that it's different, that it's a mystery stone of sorts. Not an OEC, not a true trannie per say, not a RB. I still see chunky facets, it has a small cutlet which I like, high crown, and an unusual flower pattern (reminds me of a elongated chrysanthemum).

Am I taking a risk, yes. But I'm also not the type of person that is looking for a perfect stone on paper or by what others may judge as ideal. I wanted it to be unique, one-of-a-kind, and something that made my heart pitter patter. So far so good.

Being in Canada does has it's disadvantages. Shipping is one of them. Dealing with customs and insurance is a PITA. Plus I'll be honest, we're going to cross the border to pick up Lady J when she's ready so we can avoid paying the extra sales tax.

So many things fell into line perfectly to make this happen, and for now I’m going to follow my gut and heart and say this one is a keeper.

Oh ok, well it definitely sounds like its the perfect stone for you then! I just didn't want you to get it and find it wasn't what you were looking for. But it's sounds like its unique cut spoke to you and your DH and it will be "the one" :bigsmile: I'm sure it will be beautiful and I love the setting you picked :love:

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
I'm honored to share a name with such a beautiful stone! :bigsmile:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
LadyJ76|1361916980|3391162 said:
I'm honored to share a name with such a beautiful stone! :bigsmile:

Aha, how ironic! :)

I think I might just stick with the name "Lady J" and not just temporarily... J being her color, she's being set in the Julia JbEG setting, and heck I was born in June too.

Will hopefully have the CAD's by the end of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Glad that I have the honor to share your pleasure!! Good name for the ring, it is so stunning! :)

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: Some more stats and photos about "Lady J" :)

Cads???? Any word?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results