shape
carat
color
clarity

Some comments and help on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ermen

Rough_Rock
Hello people, I''m new to this forum but am pretty impressed by the amount of information here. I''m looking to getting an engagement ring online but am quite apprehensive. I found this diamond here

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.77
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 60%
Table: 57%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.94*5.99*3.58

Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown %: 15.00
Pavillion Angle: 40.4°
Pavillion %: 42.00

I know it''s hard to make an informed decision without a lightscope image but i found it using the "search by cut" function and it''s HCA score is 0.5

What is your opinion on the diamond? I think it looks ok but for a little feather in the middle of the diamond. Correct me if I''m wrong on this.

Anyway thanks in advance for any comments. I guess it''s just a really daunting experience!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

This diamond looks like it has a very nice cut, I can''t get the link to work though, maybe it is me...The feather being a VS clarity and in the middle shouldn''t be a concern, but check with Jim anyway, but I would think no worries. Do you really want a D colour? You could drop the colour and still have a very white diamond, however a D matters to some, if it does to you then thats fine, just an option!

ermen

Rough_Rock
thanks lorelei. I''m not looking for a D colour per se but rather something like 0.77 carats (this number has special meaning for us). i did a search on PS and that was the one that seemed to be the best...

I wrote to jamesallen and have got an idealscope image. I''ll post it down here and the original diamond image. Hope other''s have some comments

ermen1.JPG

ermen

Rough_Rock
idealscope image

ermen2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results