shape
carat
color
clarity

Some Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxhorizon

Rough_Rock
First of all, Pricescope has been a huge help. I have been looking for the perfect diamond for an engagement ring and have narrowed it down to two. I am still in college so I don’t have a lot of money, so I am looking for the best value for my dollar. Quality is more important to me than size, since she does not want anything too big. I plan to have the diamond mounted in a solitaire. I would really appreciate some input and advice in making my final decision.

.43 carat
GIA certified
Ideal cut
F color
VS1 clarity
Measures: 4.84-4.85 x 3.00 mm
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56%
CA: 34
PA: 41
Girdle: Med. – Slightly Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluoresces: Strong Blue
$ 775
Compared to similar diamonds this seams under priced, is there something wrong with it that I’m missing?

.42 carat
GIA certified
Ideal cut
G color
VVS2 clarity
Measures: 4.86-4.88 x 2.95 mm
Depth: 60.6%
Table: 56%
CA: 34
PA: 40.6
Girdle: Thin
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluoresces: Strong Blue
$ 933

Thanks!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
could be because of the strong blue fluor and VG sym, but you really need an Ideal Scope to be sure you aren't "missing" something, and make sure it is not hazy.

maxhorizon

Rough_Rock
I sill don’t understand fluorescence that well, is it really bad to have a strong blue florescence and will it greatly detract from the diamonds look?

Thanks

avlis

Shiny_Rock
there really isnt a blanket answer for the flourescence question. SOMETIMES strong flouro can make a diamond apear milky, oily or cloudy. ALOT of times, it has no visual effect on the stone (non-UV light), and SOMETIMES it can actually help a lesser color stone apear whiter (face up). This is my understanding atleast, and I am just an average joe, but i did recently buy a stone with strong blue flourescence, and none could detect any ill effects from it. that doesnt help does it?

check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results