shape
carat
color
clarity

Soliciting Opinions on Color vs. Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I know this kind of thing gets asked all the time, but all other characteristics being relatively equal, which would you find preferable, E VS2 or G VS1? I guess the real question I''m asking here is what is a more obvious distinction, the one between E and G or the one between VS1 and VS2? Opinons, expert or otherwise?

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
This isn't even a question for me. Absolutely positively the E stone. Assuming the VS1 and VS2 stones are graded correctly, there should be no visual difference between the clarity. However, I can certainly notice a difference between a G and E. While G is considered very nice by a majority of people, an E stone looks white to me and a G looks "not white".

This is, of course, assuming everything else truly is equal.

Christine

Rough_Rock
I agree--definitely the "E" stone. Just be sure to check your fluorescence. On a colorless stone, a strong fluorescence might cause it to appear cloudy in spots. Look at the stone in sunlight to be sure. On the other hand, I have an "E" with medium blue fluor. that sparkles beautifully. If the clouds aren't an issue, then any fluor. is just a personal preference (and may drop the price).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Hi, RBJD: The color is absolutely more noticeable to the naked eye than the clarity.

Under NORMAL viewing conditions.....meaning already set and being worn by the recipient....there is no difference to the naked eye between properly graded VS1 and VS2 stones.

Some may argue that there is no face-up, discernable difference between the E and the G, but the color is far more evident to the naked eye than clarity in the VS range.

Go with the E.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If the VS 2 grade is correct, go with the E... You'll see the difference!

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results