shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD Platinum Marquise Bezel Stacking Band size 7 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm torn about this. The sizing on this band is whacky for me, and I have other expenses so sizing it correctly is too much for me to invest in right now, but I could save it and resize it later. Anyway... it's for sale for now. LOL. We'll see what happens.

I haven't had it looked at professionally. But it is platinum. The stones are ROUND single cuts in marquise shaped bezels with very fine milgrain. The band is seriously hefty, like a tank. 3.2 GRAMS It was sold to me as H SI and I would think that's a fair estimate and it's estimated to be about 1/3 a carat of diamonds. This is what was it was sold to me as, I'm not guaranteeing it but I don't see anything to contradict it either.

But here it is anyway.

file.jpg
file.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=318419[/img[

The band is VERY lovely. But it is not perfectly symmetrical all around, in terms of each marquise bezel being exactly like the next. One of the stones and one of the bezels seems to be a tiny bit bigger, or a tiny bit smaller (there are two stone right next to each other, one is bigger and one is smaller. I can't figure out if the smaller one is smaller than the rest or the bigger one is bigger than the rest).

Great for stacking. I highly recommend NOT sizing this one.

All sales final no returns so please ask me before you buy if you have questions. I will pay for shipping in the US, international shipping is 40 bucks extra.

Enerchi has first dibs so if she wants it, it's hers (please contact me if you want it honey). If she doesn't want it, it's up for grabs.

[url=http://diamondbistro.com/category/214/Eternity-Rings/listings/29003/Platinum-Marquise-Bezel-Stacking-Band-size-7-34.html]http://diamondbistro.com/category/214/Eternity-Rings/listings/29003/Platinum-Marquise-Bezel-Stacking-Band-size-7-34.html[/url]

[ATTACH=full]318570[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]318571[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]318572[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Bands 5-16 008.JPG
    Bands 5-16 008.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Bands 5-16 010.JPG
    Bands 5-16 010.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 581
  • 2012-05-15_14-05-48_169.jpg
    2012-05-15_14-05-48_169.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 581

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Platinum Marquise Bezel Stacking Band size 7 3/4

Enerchi has first dibs so if she wants it, it's hers (please contact me if you want it honey). If she doesn't want it, it's up for grabs.

:halo: Aw - thanks!!! Running it by DH at this moment. I've also found another new love affair I'm working on... via IDJ - http://www.uniquesettings.com/product_images/style_group/4046/64761/4046_original.jpg?2011 This would be in 14k WG 1.50 cttw G/H VS2/SI1 stones.... I'm torn. Instant gratification via Gypsy vs waiting till October for IDJ at 3x the price. Letting DH make the final call on this one :)) I'll keep you posted and let you know within 24 hours!

Thanks Gypsy - you're the best!! https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/bighug5.gif

(I can NOT figure out how to add these emoticons!!! argh...)

bighug5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

No worries sweetie, either way. That ID band is gorgeous!!! Lots more carat weight!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy - which would you lean towards? you have yours on site and the IDJ is just a photo - but does one strike you more than the other? My original ering (the "cute" ring that was a grand total of .33 ct marquise we bought for about $1000 back in 1984!!) won't be worn but the marquise diamond/shape on one of these bands would represent that ring.

DH is leaning towards the IDJ one we can pick up in NYC in October... but I'm also torn with the instant gratification of your's now! WWYD??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like bezels, so I'd pick the other one the one with the bezelled actual marquise diamonds (in the stacker thread). If this one from IDJ has delicate V's instead, I'd totally go for it. But from that CAD image the prongs are large and not V's. I think if you are getting ONE nice band, then get the nicest you can afford.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

how much of the diamond girdles are exposed? I wouldn't be stacking it with anything if it were.

I agree...get the nicest you can afford.

Gypsy, the ring looks great, too bad you are not able to wear it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337314455|3198123 said:
how much of the diamond girdles are exposed? I wouldn't be stacking it with anything if it were.

I was able to put it on this morning (very swollen hands) but it flew right off when I did anything. If I don't sell it I might see about sizing beads. But the beads wouldn't let me stack it right. Right now it's not just too big for my hand, but it's too big to line up with my other rings and because of how big it is I can't wear it alone with my engagement ring and it cuts right up next to he gallery wires. And wearing it alone it just comes right off.

Sizing is possible. It's just a matter of the investment. I'm not really sure I want to spend the money to have it sized the way I would have to to do it right. So... I'll offer it out there, if it finds a home, great. If it doesn't then I'll save it and size it later.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just looked at your DB listing and there isn't a price? Its a lovely ring!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1337323039|3198212 said:
TravelingGal|1337314455|3198123 said:

I was able to put it on this morning (very swollen hands) but it flew right off when I did anything. If I don't sell it I might see about sizing beads. But the beads wouldn't let me stack it right. Right now it's not just too big for my hand, but it's too big to line up with my other rings and because of how big it is I can't wear it alone with my engagement ring and it cuts right up next to he gallery wires. And wearing it alone it just comes right off.

Sizing is possible. It's just a matter of the investment. I'm not really sure I want to spend the money to have it sized the way I would have to to do it right. So... I'll offer it out there, if it finds a home, great. If it doesn't then I'll save it and size it later.

Hm...will it fit on your big toe? :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1337312516|3198098 said:
I like bezels, so I'd pick the other one the one with the bezelled actual marquise diamonds (in the stacker thread). If this one from IDJ has delicate V's instead, I'd totally go for it. But from that CAD image the prongs are large and not V's. I think if you are getting ONE nice band, then get the nicest you can afford.

I am going to agree that I'd rather have bezeled marquise over that Unique setting. I like the one Gypsy has very much as well. But my only regrets usually have to do with not spending a little more to get really fine quality in jewelry pieces. However, in the case of pre-loved, there are bargains to be found in pieces such as this, and I am delighted when I find one of those as well! Love that this one is platinum and has single cuts!

Gypsy, at the moment there is no price showing for this on your DB listing, by the way.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock

Omg I want!!!! I contacted you on the bistro.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

The DB listing is being weird. I keep putting a price and it won't edit it to register the price. Anyway, I've gotten a bunch of lovely ladies asking me about the price and I've been able to tell them so... where there is a will there is a way.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

It's a lovely band Gypsy...loving the marquise shaped bands right now. Whomever gets it will be very lucky.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you sweetie. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd be emailing too if it was my size!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

The best fit is on my Right hand thumb I've discovered DS. Maybe I'll start a new trend. LOL.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Finally able to get the price to register.

The price is 475 firm. :tongue:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations, Gypsy...it's a beautiful ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

It is, but I decided I wanted something else for the money. Now, let's see if that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results