shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD FS: Five stone trellis mount by DBL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sad to be letting this mount go :(sad

It originally held a 2.7ct ct center (~9mm), 0.43ct sides (~0.5mm), 0.24ct sides (~4mm), and 0.2ct sides (~3.6mm)

18k palladium WG (unplated - it's a naturally very "white" alloy of WG).
DBL's uber bench chose to hand-forge the trellis portion for strength and delicacy and cast the shank for fluid graduation in width and depth.
Currently size 4.25, reasonably sizable.

The workmanship on this piece is... exemplary :sun: The stones were unset by a local jeweller with an eye to future re-set of other stones. The prongs will need some re-shaping/buildup as a result of unsetting the older stones, but they benefit from having been hand-forged - the wires, though delicate, are far stronger and more resilient than a cast trellis! The milgrain on the sidestone baskets has been worn down in two areas and would benefit from re-application.

Original PS thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-my-5-stone-8-prong-trellis-reset-by-dbl.170161/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-my-5-stone-8-prong-trellis-reset-by-dbl.170161/[/URL]

$1095, asking price is firm. This is easily 25-30% of what this setting would currently cost to have manufactured in this fashion (hand-forging the trellis portion is the expensive part! :)) )
Shipping within the US is included in the asking price, please contact me to discuss shipping to Canada! I don't ship outside the US/Canada, sorry :((

LT: http://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/dbl-hand-forged-five-stone-trellis-mount

trellis_1.jpg

trellis_2.jpg

trellis_3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: FS: Five stone trellis mount by DBL

YssieDBL-1.png

YssieDBL-2B.png

YssieDBL-6.png

Closeups of the painstaking workmanship:

SolderJoin1-DBL.png

dbl_trellis.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, can't believe you are letting this one go! I would jump on it in a second if I didn't just buy myself a 5-stone (with yours as inspiration).

I'm sure you don't need luck for a quick sale, but good luck regardless! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, I sort of can't either :(sad

It's a gorgeous mount!! But at the time I had this ring made... well, whilst it's aesthetically one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever owned, it - much as I didn't want to admit it at the time - was commissioned at a time when I needed an escape from Other Things in the Real World.

I've since made huge progress in dealing with those Other Things and I'm so much happier and healthier for it! And I'm (finally!!) letting go of many things both material and non-material from that time - and committing to NOT. ACQUIRING. MORE. (including new stones to put into it!) :bigsmile:

Thanks love!! I really hope it goes to someone who will enjoy it - it's the last "big" thing on my "to sell" list ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The original post contains a measurements error - sorry, everyone!!

The correct dimensions are
Center: ~9mm
First sides: ~5mm, not 0.5mm
Second sides: ~4mm
NO 3.6mm stones!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

My jaw just hit the floor:)

If I wasn't in the middle of another project, I would absolutely snap this up!

Hope that it sells quickly and congratulations on dealing with the REAL WORLD STUFF!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Bella!! ::) I shall
Have to try to find out more about this other project :bigsmile: I've been away too long, lots to catch up on!

More info on this setting:

My jeweller advised that sizing up to a 6 or down to a 3 would be feasible with a good bench. Another vendor reassured me that both building up prongs and re-applying milgrain were routine tasks :))

The center basket can hold a stone 8.6mm-9mm in diameter, the closer to 8.9mm the better. The setting also has plenty of wiggle room for pavilion "bulge". Since the diamond was originally set quite "low", however, the constraining factor is depth: the centerstone should be less than 3.85mm deep from culet to girdle. Depth/height above the girdle doesn't matter, of course! Since CSs are usually cut somewhat deeper than diamonds, choosing a smaller diameter with corresponding depth - or a CS with a large open culet - is probably the safest option ::)

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

My jaw hit the floor as well! I just wanted to wish you luck for a quick sale! I think it's a beautiful mount and DBL is phenomenal with their settings, so anyone who buys it will be lucky to have it IMHO.

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock

I messaged you on LT. I am very impatient, Sorry! I am just worried it sold.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This mount is no longer available. Have requested admin update the listing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results