Premium
Re: Feelers- 3.02ct F VS2, 2.656ct H Si2 in Emilya, 1.52ct G

Owies Nana|1446349813|3944402 said:
I sent you an email.

Did you get it?

Hi Owies Nana,

I replied to you, almost immediately.

I'll forward the reply to you now.

Not sure why I'm having all of these communication difficulties!

Buldor

Shiny_Rock

Thanks.. I sent you an email. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Buldor|1446382735|3944456 said:
Thanks.. I sent you an email. :)

No worries. :)

But I haven't received the email. I wonder if the problem is with LT (?).

Would you mind re-sending your email? If I still can't receive it, I may need to create a new email a/c and show the addy on LT.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock

I just re-sent. Did you get it?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Buldor|1446390056|3944483 said:
I just re-sent. Did you get it?

Nope!:(

Let me create a new email a/c and I'll post my email addy on LT tomorrow, ok?

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Phoenix,

I sent you a couple of messages via loupetroop but not sure if they were received?

Kroshka

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kroshka|1446518143|3944997 said:
Hi Phoenix,

I sent you a couple of messages via loupetroop but not sure if they were received?

Kroshka

Hi Kroshka,

Sorry about that. I think LT is not working. I'm not getting any email messages.

I've just created a new gmail a/c. I shall list that on LT.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've had a few enquiries on the 2.656ct stone/ ring; so I thought I'd jot down some more details here.

Re the pricing just for the stone, the closest "comp" is this 2.6ct I Si1 listed at about USD 32-33k:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.600-i-si1-round-diamond-ags-104068650001

And I paid 4.6k for the VC setting (I think Victor charges a bit more now for it, perhaps 5k; someone please correct me if I am wrong).

So together, the new price for the whole ring, brand new, should be around 37-38k. I'm asking 32k for my whole ring, so 13.5-16% less. If someone buys just the stone, then I'd like to ask 29.5k. This would be NET, meaning that the buyer would absorb all the wire fees and take care of the shipping from Grace to him/ herself (it'd be easier for me if I didn't have to worry about that). And I'd list the VC setting for 3.5k.

And YES, the stone is a 1000% eyeclean, ha ha!!

I'm currently in dialogue with ccuheartnurse and then after that, I'll talk to Craig. I hope it'll sell quick!! In any case, I'll post updates here. That step-cut I want is seriously going to move - FAST!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just checking also to see if there's any interest on the 2.374 G Si1 and/ or the 2.358 H Si1. I'm willing to negotiate - slightly - on those stones.

What can I say?! I'm motivated, ha ha!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Craig,

I'd prefer to sell my ring intact. Would you still be interested? I might be able to drop another $500.

95viper

Rough_Rock

Hello Phoenix,

I am interested in either scenario if the ring can be sized or just the diamond if not. I would be picking it up in person so no drama there. It is 95% exactly what I was looking for although the Si2 concerns me since my 100% ideal would be a Vs2/Si1. The fact that it is a Si2 but as close as possible to a Si1 and eyeclean is the ticket. I just need to see it if the price is right. We are a little bit apart on price though (not a lot but some) so I will have to let others have a chance at it first near that price point.

Thank you, Your collection is amazing.
Craig

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

95viper|1446606954|3945460 said:
Hello Phoenix,

I am interested in either scenario if the ring can be sized or just the diamond if not. I would be picking it up in person so no drama there. It is 95% exactly what I was looking for although the Si2 concerns me since my 100% ideal would be a Vs2/Si1. The fact that it is a Si2 but as close as possible to a Si1 and eyeclean is the ticket. I just need to see it if the price is right. We are a little bit apart on price though (not a lot but some) so I will have to let others have a chance at it first near that price point.

Thank you, Your collection is amazing.
Craig

Craig,

The ring should be size-able (there's metal at the bottom, it's not pave'ed all the way round). What size is your gf's? The ring is currently a size 4 1/2 if I re-call correctly (I can double check later).

Great that you could pick it up in person! In fact, if we agree on pricing, you could see the ring in person first, no? That way, you'd be able to ascertain if the ring/ stone is to your liking, before you commit. But what I can definitely say is that the stone is completely eye-clean. The inclusions are to the side of the stone and even then you'd need a loupe to see them. I'd be extremely surprised if you could see them with your eyes unaided.

RE pricing, would you like to take the conversation offline? Please would you mind contacting me either at the gmail a/c provide on my latest LT ad; or alternatively, you could contact Grace at Jewels by Grace to get my email addy?

And thanks!! :)) :))

95viper

Rough_Rock

Thanks Phoenix, I will contact you. I am currently at the airport ready to have fun with 3 flights over 24 hours. I should be able to get wireless. Thanks, Craig

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

95viper|1446666405|3945707 said:
Thanks Phoenix, I will contact you. I am currently at the airport ready to have fun with 3 flights over 24 hours. I should be able to get wireless. Thanks, Craig

Great! I look forward to hearing from you, Craig.

Wow, those crazy long-haul flights! I've done them, so not fun! Take care and safe travels.

Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1446182792|3943730 said:
I may have to sell my prized BGD Sign H&A studs if I can't sell the 3ct at the price-point I'd like (since the step cut I'm eyeing is quite expensive). Attached is the cert for the 2.374ct G Si1. I have the cert for the 2.358ct H SI1 , but would need to pdf and upload it.

Re comps, I can't seem to find exact ones; the closest are as follows. I don't know yet exactly how to price mine and again, would welcome suggestions. Am thinking USD30k each, since these are BGD Sign H&A diamonds. If anyone is interested in the pair together, I'd take off 1k or so and would include the Leon Mege settings too.

2.322ct G VS2, priced by BGD at 36-37k
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.322-g-vs2-round-diamond-bfg-19852

Again, the 2.57ct H Si1, priced at 37-38k
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.570-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104068651001

Since I'd really like to purchase that step-cut, I'm reducing these to USD29k each, only for the next few weeks. After that (when I'm sure the step-cut will be grabbed), I'll withdraw them from the market. Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Owies Nana,

Did you get my re-sent email? Please let me know if you're still interested b/c another PS'er has expressed interest. Thank you.

95viper

Rough_Rock

Hi Phoenix, Sent email to the Gmail account you have listed on LT. Cheers

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

95viper|1446861420|3946500 said:
Hi Phoenix, Sent email to the Gmail account you have listed on LT. Cheers

Craig, thank you. I emailed you back.:)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never follow this forum, so I don't know what I am doing and don't want to waste anyone's time. Probably Phoenix' 3 carat is already sold and if it were not, I couldn't buy it now anyway. But a year or so ago I tried to liquidate my own best jewelry in order to buy a top quality color and cut 3 carat or 3 carat plus solitaire. (It didn't work out.) So when I saw her 3 carat stone, I took notice. (Although I had been planning to buy a D color.)

Did it sell? If so am I allowed to ask the selling price or is that discourteous? I am trying to get more of a handle on price. I read Phoenix say that prices are "all over the place". The stone I was looking for was between 100 and 200K...that's why I felt I had to sell everything else I had in order to get a 3 carat plus D that was top of the line in cut and clarity.

AGBF

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1447010101|3947080 said:
I never follow this forum, so I don't know what I am doing and don't want to waste anyone's time. Probably Phoenix' 3 carat is already sold and if it were not, I couldn't buy it now anyway. But a year or so ago I tried to liquidate my own best jewelry in order to buy a top quality color and cut 3 carat or 3 carat plus solitaire. (It didn't work out.) So when I saw her 3 carat stone, I took notice. (Although I had been planning to buy a D color.)

Did it sell? If so am I allowed to ask the selling price or is that discourteous? I am trying to get more of a handle on price. I read Phoenix say that prices are "all over the place". The stone I was looking for was between 100 and 200K...that's why I felt I had to sell everything else I had in order to get a 3 carat plus D that was top of the line in cut and clarity.

AGBF

Deb,

Sorry you didn't manage to get your 3ct+ D.

My 3ct has not sold. The step cut I've been coveting is most likely going to sell soon; so am not in a rush to sell mine. If you'd like to get in touch with me via Grace, at some point (no rush), we could talk further - no pressure and no commitment needed. I'd definitely like to sell it . I've not been wearing it literally for 5-6 yrs. I had a very good offer for it about 2-3 yrs ago (when prices across the board were high) and really should have sold; but instead I hung on, waiting for a better price!! :rolleyes:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update:

- the 3.02ct F VS2: so this is still available. Pricing by vendors is weird - it really is over all the place. I'd say though, for anyone who might be interested, that I'd not consider an offer in the 50's or 60's. Sorry, but that'd be too much of a hit for me. I'd rather sit and wait for diamond prices to go up. Oh also, just an FYI, I'm for sure sending the 3ct to Grace who's very kindly going to help me send it to GIA for re-certifcation.

- the 2.656ct H Si2 BGD in VC Emilya: is still available as well and I'd def like to sell this too, at no less than 30k for the whole ring

- the 1.52ct G Si1: I'm considering withdrawing this. I don't wear it either but pricing needs to be in the right range, 10k

- the two BGD diamond studs: I'm withdrawing these from the market. I do wear them on most days and adore them.

Thank you for considering my pieces and for all the offers thus far.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your kind reply, Phoenix. Your stones all seem beautiful. Anyone will be lucky to get them and I hope you get your new, dream stone when the dust settles!

Deb/AGBF

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1447042636|3947190 said:
Thank you for your kind reply, Phoenix. Your stones all seem beautiful. Anyone will be lucky to get them and I hope you get your new, dream stone when the dust settles!

Deb/AGBF

Thank you, Deb. :))

I hope you get yours too, whatever that may be.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm looking at the other 3ct's F VS2 and I think the varying prices may be due to:

- how the stone is cut/ its performance
- inclusions: what they are and where they're located
- colour: there may be varying degrees of "whiteness" of the F colour
etc.

My stone is a fire-cracker(not least b/c of its smaller table), very white and very clean (the inclusions are tiny and off to the side). I guess, if anyone is interested, they'd have to look at the stone personally to judge its performance and beauty.

I had a similar experience when I looked for my 5ct. Prices were also all over the place and the stones varied tremendously, in the way they were cut, their performance, colour and inclusions. I literally looked at hundreds of stones, both online and in person, over the course of several years, before I found Holly.

Just saying... :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to be late replying to you, Phoenix! I forgot to check back into your thread after I first posted. You are right that signature hearts and arrows stones need price comps with same quality stones and GIA XXX Excellent cut with similar as well. I see that you also realize that diamond prices are low at the moment and it is an excellent time to buy and not a great time to sell!

Before I read far enough to see that you were keeping your studs (which I 100% think is the right decision), I saw this which is very close to one of your studs:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3215927.htm

So you'd have to sell 10-20% less than that to make it appealing, and then later, if you wanted to buy them again, you might have to pay a lot more! So definitely keep them!

Be sure you are getting a good price on your emerald cut stone, too. If you can, go ahead and buy now while prices are good! I can't wait to see it!

(Just saw your last post. I definitely think cut has an effect on pricing. I think they'd all be based on F color, though, and not degrees of F color. There are many pricing factors..how long have they had the stone, how much was the rough at the time it was purchased, etc.)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1447044614|3947196 said:
Sorry to be late replying to you, Phoenix! I forgot to check back into your thread after I first posted. You are right that signature hearts and arrows stones need price comps with same quality stones and GIA XXX Excellent cut with similar as well. I see that you also realize that diamond prices are low at the moment and it is an excellent time to buy and not a great time to sell!

Before I read far enough to see that you were keeping your studs (which I 100% think is the right decision), I saw this which is very close to one of your studs:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3215927.htm

So you'd have to sell 10-20% less than that to make it appealing, and then later, if you wanted to buy them again, you might have to pay a lot more! So definitely keep them!

Be sure you are getting a good price on your emerald cut stone, too. If you can, go ahead and buy now while prices are good! I can't wait to see it!

(Just saw your last post. I definitely think cut has an effect on pricing. I think they'd all be based on F color, though, and not degrees of F color. There are many pricing factors..how long have they had the stone, how much was the rough at the time it was purchased, etc.)

No worries, Diamondseeker. Thank you for checking back in. :))

Yes, I'm definitely keeping my studs. I adore them!!

The humongous step-cut is going to go soon, I'm sure!:(

Who really knows how vendors price their goods!! But yes, I'm sure many things are factored into vendors' pricing. What I can say though - my own personal experience - is that when I was looking for a 5ct in H colour, the more tinted stones were priced lower and I didn't want them b/c they were too tinted for me. Same went for inclusions, even within the VS2 range - the more included the stones/ the more poorly located the inclusions, the lower they were priced. Cut is definitely a major factor. You could get some very low priced stones, cut in India (for the most part, I found in my own experience; NOT saying all stones cut in India were/ are poorly cut).

Whatever it is, I'm sure a well-educated buyer will do their homework and look at stones and pricing in detail before making their own decision.

And oh, I really hope I could get my large step-cut soon, before diamond prices go up across the board. Just need to put together the funds first!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think H-I-J colors really show more color differences at their extremes than colorless stones do. I definitely saw it in I color and actually returned the first I color AVR I looked at because I knew it was in the lower end of the range and ended up with one that was higher. I am sure that is true about certain inclusions affecting price, and even more so the lower the clarity.

My personal experience selling diamonds was that I did far better selling when prices are high. I'd have to take a loss selling now, and I decided I didn't want to do that, so I took my ring back! And in fact, while I was without it, I never really found a stone I'd rather have. I'd bump color to H, if I could, and sacrifice a little size, but alas, you can't just make stones materialize out of thin air!

I hope it works out that you can get your diamond! Best of luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results