shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLASFERA Ring Pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Last one (not a hand shot):

WhiteBox.001SideProfile.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s just lovely.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is wonderful congrats!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the profile.
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Browneyes....It''s just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
30.gif

I think that setting is fabulous...well done!
36.gif

Congratulations!
widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, congrats on 20 years!!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring... congratulations on your 20th!!!!
35.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning and beautiful! congrats!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty! congratulations!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! You are all so generous ... thank you so much for your compliments and good wishes!
Actually, our 20th anniversary isn't until this May ... but do you honestly think I was going to wait until May to start wearing this ring? No way!
2.gif

My husband and I have been thinking about renewing our vows in May, and perhaps getting new wedding bands to celebrate ... I'm very partial to the plain, 2 mm mirror-polished platinum bands (the one I'm wearing in my hand-pic photo is white gold). I'd like to get my husband a either two-toned platinum band or a plain platinum band with a milgrained edge or some other (slight) detail ...

In any event, I just want to add that all of my ring photos were taken in ordinary lighting conditions, with a very ordinary (and quite old) Fuji FinePix digital camera. I'm amazed at how well my little camera apparently picked-up the color and sparkle from the Solasfera ...

So, here my final 2 photos before I retrieve my ring from the SI UltraSonic cleaner and head up to bed ... Thank you so much for allowing me to share!

1. Another profile (No, the setting isn't crooked, the ring is just off-center (tipped to the right) in the ring box. I didn't want to get finger prints on it before taking the picture, so I didn't fix it before I snapped the shutter!)

Solasfera_008AnotherProfile.jpg

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Last one!
Thank you again, and good night!
24.gif

Solasfera_009Fire.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BrownEyes

beautiful ring.
30.gif
10.gif
congrats on 20th.
36.gif
36.gif

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Browneyes,

I am happy you like the Solasfera stone. I wish I had enough to afford that same stone!!!
The side view is wonderful, very elegant, almost architectural.
May this be a reminder of your love for the next 20 years.
Dominic

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
20 years is amazing!!!
Congratulations!
36.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It was definitely worth the wait! It''s beautiful!

congratulations on 20years of marriage too!

Just one thing I noticed....do you think a flat edged ring would sit better with your ering, as the shank on your ering is quite thick.

what do you think?

Blod
35.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you on twenty years of marriage!!

Your ring is beautiful!

Heather

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Browneyes! Love the setting.
30.gif
Congratulations on your upcoming 20th! Ours is in June. We are taking a trip, so I don''t know if I''ll get a little sparkly thing too, but I can hope.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. The stone is sparkling in every photo

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow WOW!!!! This was definitely worth waiting 20 years for!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful ring! How exciting after so long to have a beautiful sparkly to look at every day.
Enjoy!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the 20th Anniversary!!
36.gif
The ring is gorgeous!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I went through all of your pics of your beauty, and I honestly have no words.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats on 20, and I wish you 20 more.

shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring- worth the wait!
36.gif
36.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again everyone, for your patience in looking at all of my ring photos (sorry, I couldn''t help myself), and also, for all of your kind words.

This morning, I had to have an MRI ... for those of you who aren''t familiar with the procedure, you lie on a gurney or table that slides into a cylinder that takes the images of your insides ... In my case, the procedure was done at a local hospital. While the room itself was dimly lit, there were apparently a lot of recessed lights up in the ceiling ...

In any event, one of the technicians (both female) asked me to lie down and she actually strapped something across my chest and abdomen (the imaging film, perhaps?) and gave me headphones to wear.
After assuring I was comfortable, the technician clicked a switch, and the gurney started to slide into the cylinder. My hands were at my sides. Just as the tips of my fingers started to enter the cylinder, the gurney stopped moving ... one of the technicians grabbed my left hand and exclaimed: "I just HAVE to see your ring!" Apparently, my ring was like a fireball because of all the ceiling lights, and it caught the technician''s attention!

Hopefully, it didn''t create a glowing image of my kidneys, or damage the MRI machine in the process!

Thanks for letting me share!
4.gif

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
I was wondering what is a Solasfera ring? Is that a brand or a certain cut of diamond...? Anyways, your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
2.gif
I am in awe, and after 20 years of hard work put into your marriage, you deserve it! CONGRATS!
9.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi ...

I think I can explain this properly:

Solasfera is a brand of Hearts & Arrows diamond and is a proprietary, 91 faceted cut developed by David So, a jeweler in New York City. The diamond is cut to ensure virtually no light leakage, so there's great light return which results in the extra fire and brilliance. Idealscope images are almost always blood red and dark black from edge to edge (no white = no light leakage).

David So Jewelers and Good Old Gold are (I believe) the only 2 jewelers in the NYC area that sell the Solasfera diamond - I believe there are only a handful of authorized retailers across the country, including maybe Kings Gate Diamonds in NJ.

Good Old Gold's website (www.GoodOldGold.com) offers an excellent tutorial on the Solasfera diamond (which is how my DH and I learned all about it), including photos, idealscope images, etc. - - just follow the links for "Solasfera H&As" on the GOG home-page.

There is also a lot of useful information on the official Solasfera website:
www.solasfera.com.

We actually purchased our diamond from Good Old Gold (it was an internet purchase and we were VERY happy with the process from beginning to end ... )

I'm really not into "brands" and we didn't start out looking for a 'branded' diamond. However, my DH and I were drawn to the Solasfera diamond because of the exceptional fire and brilliance of each diamond that was evident from the photos, IS and BrillianceScope images, etc. My DH didn't want me to have "just" a diamond after 20 years, and believe it or not, I preferred the uniqueness and extra-sparkle of the Solasfera to even a larger quality cut diamond like the traditional H&A.

Hope this helps.

BrownEyes
4.gif

P.S. I have had the opportunity to review and compare the Hearts On Fire diamond (HOF - another branded diamond with no extra facets) locally, and IMHO, there is no comparison between the Solasfera and HOF - - PLUS, the Hearts on Fire diamonds are way over-priced (at least in our area).

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
So exciting to finally see great pics of a Solasfera!

Congratulations and enjoy!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. Congrats on your 20 years!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results