shape
carat
color
clarity

Society really is circling the drain. *Possibly NSFW*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't appreciate vulgarity, don't open the link. It's jewelry-related, though, so I thought some PS members might enjoy these little works of art. I got a giggle or two out of it. Do you think any of our vendors would make such custom pieces? :naughty:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maitlandquitmeyer/****ing-dainty-pieces-of-jewelry?bffbmain&utm_term=.jdxrPap6z#.gqwRqGxvz

Q

Queenie60

Interesting - seems to cater to the now generation where f**** is every other word! Thank you for sharing :wavey:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1459959858|4016182 said:
Interesting - seems to cater to the now generation where f**** is every other word! Thank you for sharing :wavey:

Yes, I think there is a definite niche market for this type of thing. I actually thought the "merde" necklace was cute (means "sh*t" in French--coincidentally the first curse word I learned while taking French in high school), but Idk if I'd actually wear it. Perhaps if I were in a particularly ironic hipster mood, I'd consider it. Might be a cute conversation piece, and kind of reminds me of the old 80s nameplate necklaces. :bigsmile:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, if you are paying... :D

Just kidding. I would do something like that as a custom order but I would never have it on my site. I draw the line at hate jewelry of any kind, anything that promotes pedophilia, etc.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahahahaha I have a ring pinned on pinterest that says ****. I want it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want a 'f^##' signet ring I saw the other day. I think that little bit of rebel in a lot of bit of pretty is awesome.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so great. [emoji57][emoji57]

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this jewelry idea!
F*ck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I used to have an angry bunny ring that was inscribed with "I hate everything" on it. I wore it when the mood hit. Lost that ring. Such a pity.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I like 8 and 10, made me laugh!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of them are nice pieces in terms of design, despite the sentiments. And the 'badass' ones are actually cute.

That said, what struck me was something I'm not sure I can articulate.

I'm 40. I was raised with a very strong sense of "inside voice" and "outside voice" for my personal thoughts.

I don't share every thing with everyone and don't wear my thoughts on my chest. Now, granted I'm an introvert and have some 'trust issues.' But, as many of you know, I also have a big mouth and lack a filter at times. But at least I *RECOGNIZE* that there should be a filter. And do manage to use mine much of the time.

What struck me about those pieces, and about this generation, is that the concept of that filter is just non-existent. It's fine to share every little thought as if it was a gold nugget. That every form of expression is socially acceptable.

And I can't say I approve of that. Maybe it's proof that I am really am OLD, but I believe that there should be some distinction between what you share with your nearest and dearest and those you share with everyone to see.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual I am agreeing with Gypsy's thoughts on this issue. Some of these are cute but most of them not to my taste.

It's like that shirt I saw a few months ago that said F*** Trump. OK sure I think it but see no reason to wear a shirt with vulgarity on it and find it crude to be honest. And I curse plenty (more than I care to admit) but do it in private.

Some things should be done in private whereas there are other things I have no problem broadcasting to the world. The wisdom is knowing the difference b/w the 2. JMO.

And yeah, I am old (though age is relative and I am not so old to those who are older than me 8-) ) and good with that. There can be wisdom that comes with age. Sometimes at least. 8)

ETA: HA also had to google what NSFW meant. I guess I am old. :oops:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I saw that and was amused. I'm 51 and way too old to get away with something like that. I can't say that if I saw someone with f*** on a ring I wouldn't be a little judgy. At 25 I would have worn it.
Like Gypsy said, there is a line. Crossing that line feels daring, which is the appeal of the jewelry I suppose. You don't do that, you just think about it and chuckle.

Saying all of that - completely amusing.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to clarify…I would never actually wear any of these! :cheeky: I'm not a fan of people wearing stuff with vulgarities on them. But I did think the ones I mentioned were funny :halo:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results