shape
carat
color
clarity

Soaps - The Great Escape - Anyone Else Watching Them??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
I confess....I’ve been a loyal viewer of General Hospital for years and years. It’s such a great escape and continues to “take me away” with all its convoluted twists and turns. Like many who have been watching for so long, I sometimes feel like these characters are real people and if I go to “Port Charles” New York, I’d find them all there, living their complicated lives! Occasionally I visit the soap chat rooms and check out what the true “fanatics” have to say about my “friends” at GH.

I know there are other women AND men of all ages – “hooked” like me. Are you one of them????

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I used to love Days of Our Lives. I think when Marlena became the devil, I love a bit of interest though...LOL...Actually, I rarely see any daytime TV anymore...unless I call in sick....
naughty.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oops...I "lost" interest...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I am an avid GH watcher too Judi. I also sometimes tune into OLTL and AMC..my mother watched them when I was young so I grew up on ABC Channel 7 (locally anyway!). I stuck with GH because I *loved* Brenda when I was younger...she was around my age and she and I had the same haircut around the same time...and one of my boyfriend said I looked like her. So I felt like I could 'relate' to the character. I was smitten by her romance with Sonny (who I had adored as Nico on AMC when I was even younger!). Since then I have stuck around intermittently...if I can find the time. When she came back those past few times for a while on GH..I started watching again of course. Now that I have TiVo...GH is the only soap I actually record and I watch it faithfully. However, when we go on vacation etc and the episodes back up, I can't make myself sit through them, so I just catch up online at www.port-charles.com which I think now is www.soapzone.com.

We also love the Las Vegas show with VM in it as well. Of course...Josh Duhamel makes the watching super easy on the eyes.
9.gif

2.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/11/2004 3:13:32 PM Mara wrote:

Haha I am an avid GH watcher too Judi. I also sometimes tune into OLTL and AMC..my mother watched them when I was young so I grew up on ABC Channel 7 (locally anyway!). I stuck with GH because I *loved* Brenda when I was younger...she was around my age and she and I had the same haircut around the same time...and one of my boyfriend said I looked like her. So I felt like I could 'relate' to the character. I was smitten by her romance with Sonny (who I had adored as Nico on AMC when I was even younger!). Since then I have stuck around intermittently...if I can find the time. When she came back those past few times for a while on GH..I started watching again of course. Now that I have TiVo...GH is the only soap I actually record and I watch it faithfully. However, when we go on vacation etc and the episodes back up, I can't make myself sit through them, so I just catch up online at www.port-charles.com which I think now is www.soapzone.com.

We also love the Las Vegas show with VM in it as well. Of course...Josh Duhamel makes the watching super easy on the eyes.
9.gif

2.gif

----------------

Mara -- That is so funny....I also tape GH each and every day. I've been watching all through those Sonny and Brenda years and way back when Luke married Laura (the 1st time)! Funny how Sonny's new "interest" Sam looks just like Brenda - wadda ya know! The amazing part is when their kids suddenly grow up to be teenagers in about 6 months to a year of their birth. Look at Lynn (aka: Brooke-Lynn)all grown up and singing...wasen't she just born recently??!!

My daughter calls me daily asking "what is going to happen..? as if I have magic GH predicting powers. The nice thing about taping is that you can fast forward through the characters that get on your nerves! Sometimes wish we could do that in real life - huh?!
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god! I didn't know that Lynn was Brooke Lynn!! Spoiler alert!! Wow I guess that makes sense eh? Music promoter mother. Esp since suddenly Ned is having all these flashbacks of the Lois years. Hmmmmmm. I noticed they recast Lois in his flashbacks so that must mean she is coming back too. Verrryy interesting!

I love to read the spoilers on SoapZone, so I know what is happening, but I haven't really been keeping up with it since I have been watching daily since I am home now.
2.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/11/2004 3:36:15 PM Mara wrote:

Oh my god! I didn't know that Lynn was Brooke Lynn!! Spoiler alert!! Wow I guess that makes sense eh? Music promoter mother. Esp since suddenly Ned is having all these flashbacks of the Lois years. Hmmmmmm. I noticed they recast Lois in his flashbacks so that must mean she is coming back too. Verrryy interesting!

I love to read the spoilers on SoapZone, so I know what is happening, but I haven't really been keeping up with it since I have been watching daily since I am home now.
2.gif

----------------

Yes, Brooke Lynn grew has been the fastest growing up baby in the history of the world! Did you notice how Ned keeps "missing her" - amazing how that happens in Port Charles. Look how long it took for Emily to see Nicholas (a story line that got a bit far fetched - even for me!). Anyway, it's summer and they roll out all the teenager stories. I really like Rick with "what's her name" the lawyewr who had Sonny's baby?? (I just went blank!)

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I never got into soaps till 2001 when I was home ill for two months (that's another story) and really got into "Port charles"

I got so bad I had to tape it every night.

When they took it off, I decided I was picketing ABC for life, and still am.

Now I'm going to have to picket NBC? for dumping Alex Kingston from the cast of ER for being 'too old'.

Geeze, I guess I'll have to stick to specials, the history channel, and dvd pretty soon!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the Emily/Nicholas story is ZZZZZ. I mean come on already..whats going to happen. I hate when they drag things out SOO long that you aren't even interested anymore what happens to the couples. Typical daytime...along with yes..the kids growing up super fast. Though I think BrookeLynn should be about 9 now...not 16. Wasn't she just 5 or something when she visited last?

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Mara....Nicholas can be a wimp on the show, but when you see him at those poolside scenes before and after - he's really a cutie! So is Lucky! They really need to do more with that character, he's wasted away alone...being a cop! The one I get a kick out of is Sonny....having babies with all the girls in town! Also, the new Edward is way way too young for the character. I'll like the gruff old man they used to have.

Winn, never got in to the Port Charles spin off. Too much to watch, to little time. It lost me.... but GH is still the best. Love it! Tune back in and you'll see that you have not missed that much!
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have to say I used to watch Days of Our Lives with my older sister growing up. Learned what kissing was from it...ahhh the usefulness of TV! I started to watch GH after Ricky Martin was cast as Miguel, and tried watching through out school, work and at some point dropped it...(work)

Never liked Sonny...sorry...BUT I LOVED Brenda, and I loved when AJ was Sean What's-his-name-in-real-life, and when Lucky was the original Lucky...after they start replacing people I just got all upset and irritated thinking, "IMPOSTER! YOU'RE NOT AJ! or...LUCKY!"

Sad, you grow up with some people being these characters and they so selfishly cancel their contracts and BAM there's a new guy/girl that totally just doesn't do it for you, and your faith and ease is lost....

Plus, in the end, everyone gets a chance to sleep with everyone, so it's like one big incestual town, and that gets a wee bit confusing if you stop watching...

Like, "hey wasn't so-and-so married to Whats-his-name? Suddenly they are kissing the teenager of the that person who DID grow up 8 years in 3 months after going to a evil borading school....hmmmm....What's in their water?!

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Nic - I HATED the entire AJ character and was so happy to see him go. I really like the new Lucky. The first Lucky was him as a kid. This one is the man Lucky! I get used to the new actors after a while. I also remember Miguel. He was so cute with him long long hair. There have been many actors who got their start on soaps....and some who do guest appearances. Does anyone remember when Liz Taylor played Helena Cassidine?? It was during Luke and Lauras wedding! The one I feel sorry for is Mac. That Felicia is a piece of work...she leaves the two kids with him to be with "Grandma" in Texas!!! Just leaves for years while they grow up (in a few months like everyone grows up there!) I also can't stand her voice, all high and squeky! I think Jax is cool...very smooth. Bet he buys nice big diamonds for his ladies!!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh Jax, I remember his birth...when he first burst into the scene with his speldid Aussie muscles...Um...I mean, great acting! Hee hee...
11.gif

I remember when he and Brenda where a sort of item, and the whole Sonny trio was a great big bitter love triangle...ahhh...the days! (of our Lives...) Sorry, bad pun.

Lucky as a kid was pleasant, the lucky as a man just sort of creeps me out, because he never grew up per se...Emily also disturbs me...Remember the young Emily? Awkward! She was like a little fledgling bird all wierd and such...

Ok, NO ONE liked AJ. I will admit I was his fan club of one...He reminded me of a crush I had in my earlier years...You know those sorts of memories make you wear weird "love goggles" even on the most undeserving...so I was crushed when they changed him, so I boycotted...

Now that I am home more often, I have started to watch a bit...pray I don't get hooked...I don't have TIVO!!!
errrr.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Of course you WILL most likely get hooked all over again. Watching GH on tape each evening is my way to just unwind - like some people do with a newspaper good book. Sometimes I'll save up 2 or 3 shows and skim through them. I also like to root for some of the characters everyone seems to dislike....like Alcazar. But I never did like that AJ - such a slime! It's funny how they're all so wealthy and no one knows where it all came from. Most of them don't work....let alone do any of the normal things people do. And the kids are always sent "upstairs" until they are grown up! Remember Robin...I used to love the shows years ago with her parents. They should do a reunion kind of thing and bring back some of these characters....since no one is ever really really dead in soap land! Hey, maybe that's the appeal...watching people "return to life"!!!
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results