shape
carat
color
clarity

So you've chosen your ring

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
... But you are yet to be presented with it. Perhaps you have selected it from an online vendor and you are ready to click buy now. Maybe you have a few photos from when you tried it on in store, or when it arrived. I know some of you have it hiding in the house!

So, how often do you ogle it? :naughty:

I have vendor photos of the completed ring (I wasn't supposed to see them, but it got a little too tricky for SO to do solo!). Whenever a new photo arrived I'd stare at it on and off for a few hours, and that was it. But, over the weekend I found myself checking it a few times a day, and I MAY have done a super embarrassing thing - I printed it out and stuck it to my finger. Let me tell you, B&W laser printing really brought it to life. :lol: I've never tried on a diamond ring before (I know, I know), I'm SO EXCITED to see what it looks like on my hand!

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
While it was being made, kept checking the vendor yelp page....looking at a similar style ring. On Pricescope allll the time, look at Wedding Bee boards with pictures of same diamond size with similar finger size.

Was able to wait a week, then asked to see it in person. It's been 2 days and look at the photos maybe once every couple hours for a few minutes, flipping through all the pics on the phone.

Too funny about the printing thing, it's totally the same, right?! Anywhoo I feel you, it's on my brain!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you printed it and put it on your hand, Chewbacca!

I hope you get it really soon. I am dying to see pictures of it!

I probably look at the ring and try it on once a week. Sometimes I look at the pictures on my phone. SO would be irritated I think so I really realllllly need to stop especially as it gets closer. But I cant help it!
:Up_to_something:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
No pictures of the ring for me, only the diamond. When the diamond was unset I'd look at it a little, but not often at all. I'd love to see the ring though! But I have a feeling that I'll get it soon enough! It's hidden in the house and I have no desire to snoop. Super excited!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ain't seen sh*t yet, girlfran! Never ogled it. So you ladies squirming for waiting a few weeks ain't got nothin' on me! (read with accent).

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
mad, :lol: ! What about the diamond pictures? Dude, even I have revisited your threads every now and again just to have a look.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ring has been in the house for a 3 weeks now. I have oogled it several times! In fact, BF let me wear it around the house when we first got it. Then I decided that I needed to stay away from it or I was going to go crazy. It's been about 2 weeks since I've worn it, but I have definitely snuck a peek at it and I know BF looks at it often too.

I've also taken my own pictures of it and oogle those when I need a "fix" :)

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Ring is complete. I think its still in NYC @ ERD.

I've seen the diamond but don't often look at pictures. Maybe once a month or something.

Won't lay eyes on the completed ring until we get engaged. Kinda sad that I won't see it, but it makes for a more exciting time when I actually get to wear it. :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1371594821|3468324 said:
mad, :lol: ! What about the diamond pictures? Dude, even I have revisited your threads every now and again just to have a look.

I look at those a lot less than you'd think I'd look! I looked recently because there was a thread on old cuts and depth. That must've been about a month or two back? Before that was basically whenever someone would bump the thread up. I'm antsy about the actual proposal, not the ring. I'm actually wayyyy over the ring, ahha, and I know I can never picture what it looks like so looking at the same photos doesn't do me much good!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, this is going to sound strange...

I am sort of jealous of you girls that have never seen the completed ring. No element of suprise for me. :(

Okay, I vow from here on out that I will not look at it or any pictures. Maybe I can forget what it looks like... lol.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Before we got engaged and when SO had the ring in his safe..... I was not allowed to see it until he propose (or so he said).

I kind of cheated. :oops: I went on the James Allen's website and took a look at their photos of recently purchased solitaire knife edge rings... until I found MINE!!! I then saved the photo of my ring onto my computer at work and stared at it all the time in secret. But shhhh - don't tell! :saint:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Well this whole pact to not look at the ring didnt go so well. It was sunny and nice last night so I brought it out and took some pictures. Whooops! Dont tell. :Up_to_something:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
SO asked me if I want to see it yesterday. I very very clearly said that I don't want to see it, until he does it (AKA becomes mine). I know its perfect, because I picked the jeweler very carefully, so there's no question of it being what I want. The only thing I'd want to make sure is that it's our stone... but it should be from how SO described it-- it's a shallow stone and the periphery literally shimmers in the light.

More blind waiting for me!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
When I was still in possession of it, I ogled it quite frequently and would wear it around the house when there wasn't a risk of it falling off (since it was still not sized for me). Since I handed it over to him I haven't seen it as it's been locked up in the safe ;( ;(

Every so often, I do suffer from ring regret and wish I had gotten a bigger center, or a different setting, etc etc. I think I just get insecure from not having it on me :nono:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Mine is sitting in a box, in my jewelry box. I TRY not to peek at it, but it's so hard!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I spent a few days in the house with the ring and didn't look! :halo: I did open SO's sock drawer once to stare at the package though. ;))

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
Not looking at the ring that I know is in his drawer is the hardest thing in the world!! It's been there for MONTHS now. I really don't "want" to peak at it because I want to be impacted when he proposes with the final product... but when he is the one taking too long, I feel like I can only control myself so much. :naughty: I feel for everyone on here about that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results