shape
carat
color
clarity

So what''s worse?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
The fact that I''m not motivated to lose weight or that my BF is willing to put money towards bling for me per pound I lose. But I''m not sure he knows how much weight I have that needs to come off, because if I could really get some weight off, then I could get something that I really really want!

I know I need to lose weight and on some degree I want to, but I really enjoy eating. I love eating really tasty things and I guess I don''t like the idea of not being able to eat what I know tastes really really good.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, you don''t have to give up foods that taste good to lose weight. I''m a huge foodie, and I lost 50 lbs while still eating chocolate every day, and indulging in treats like really good cheese at least once a week. The key is portion control. Also, I learned to really appreciate the flavors of top-quality fruits and veggies, and really take the time to enjoy my food.

I would say, if your weight is endangering your health, consider looking into eating programs where you can still enjoy your favorite foods, just learn to eat them in moderation.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost 14 lbs just by eating slightly smaller portions. I didn''t give up anything I loved and probably ate about the same amount of cakes and cookies. I read something that honey22 (I think) posted a bit ago about riding an excerise bike while watching tv in the evenings. I started doing that, only 1-2 times per week for 15-30 minutes each time, but it''s all made a difference.

I don''t diet, I never could. Cutting back isn''t too hard for me though.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with AG. You really don''t have to give up the things you love. In fact I think that you''re better to have a little of what you love rather than using the diet products. What I have learnt though in the past is that no amount of being offered money or other things will make you do it, you really have to do it for yourself. Come join us on the WWT!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I lost a significant amount of weight while still enjoying food I love (that sounds like a horrid tag line from a comercial). It was all about choosing what I wouldn''t give up (a really nice meal once or twice a week, wine, ice cream) and working my eating habits around those foods. It''s not all or nothing, it''s a little bit of the bad, but delicious, stuff and moderate amounts of the healthy stuff. It can be done, I promise.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too lost a lot of weight - more than probably most of you weigh - and I always eat exactly what I want. I quickly learned some things are not worth the calories because you get too hungry. I eat chocolate every day (minis) and low fat ice cream. I weigh out all my food and never eat something I don''t like. Good luck.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with all these ladies that portion control is key. Eat something you really love each day but space it out.

Also, I just wanted to add that your tastes will most likely change as you start to eat healthier. When SO and I were in school, we would order out a lot and we enjoyed greasy pizza and fries
32.gif
Now that we eat healthier, I actually crave fresh fruit and veggies rather than greasy cheese or donuts.

It will happen gradually over time if you let it. Just start by adding the healthy things into your diet. Then slowly add more while removing some of the less healthy options. I really think that gradual changes and moderation are the key!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I also love food, I love to eat and I''m also naturally lazy.

I love the weekday diet, I find it quite easy to be very careful about what I eat and exercise every day during the week if I know I only have to wait until the weekend to have a little treat. I''m also obsessive, so I find it easier to stick to a pretty rigid routine of what I eat, it does get a little boring, but I''m not constantly thinking about food and what my next meal is going to be. You won''t lose a lot of weight quickly this way, but it will come off gradually if you stick to this plan.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Pinkstars, I think the only motivation that works is simply wanting to feel better about yourself - so no, I don''t think it''s bad that the bling motivation doesn''t move you. Exterior motivation won''t work; it has to come from within. :)

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I have to say I love the idea of putting money on your weight loss. Seems like great motivation myself! I think I''m gonna do it too!

Good luck on your weight loss. It''s not easy to get into a healthy lifestyle habit, but it''s so rewarding!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding ladies!
I believe that it''s important to want to change, but that''s something I struggle with. I feel guilty for being comfortable with myself. I''ve gained probably 55-65 lbs in the last 5 years.
BF thought of some way of putting money away per pound, and then after I lose the weight I have to maintain it. If I gain back the weight I have to pay him back...something like that. He''s an economist and I just let him figure out the details and fill me in later.

So far I''ve been out everyday this week. I''m also trying to get ready for Relay for Life which I have next Friday and I think it would make it a lot easier if I''m all "warmed up" for it.

Thanks for all of the advice, I appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results