shape
carat
color
clarity

So were any of you lucky and get some Missoni for Target?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine went to a few of her local stores and got a few of my items, which was awesome since they were all in my cart and I had my credit info it and hit submit and while it processed the site crashed!

I was able when it came back 3 hours later to get a couple of the items she couldn't find though. I am hoping that the items ship. Some folks who paid for overnight shipping did get them today though.

I just hope she can get them shipped to me tomorrow :)

Seeing all the stories about jerks who bought out entire stores on their own to ebay everything makes me hope Target finds a way to pull their auctions or prevent them from returning any of it when it won't sell on ebay. But people are feverishly bidding on ebay anyway!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: So were any of you lucky and get some Missoni for Target

The site was crashing like crazy so I went to my Target about noonish & there were maybe a dozen pieces left in the entire store. Nothing jumped out at me so I just did my regular shopping & left. When I peruse the stuff on ebay ... meh? Wait -- I did try on one of the men's sweaters and the colors were BEEEUTIFUL. It just looked too sloppy on me (XL) with super long arms. Did think about it for a bit though. And thought about one of the ties for DH. But it just had a cheap look about it that made me pass. Oh well!

What did you get, Ame?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

LOL, I was just discussing this with friends. I was in Target yesterday and witnessed grown women fighting over this stuff. I dont get it. I am all for owning 'high end' designer pieces BUT....when these designers do these 'affordable' 'temporary' lines at stores like Target an H&M they ARE NOT the same as their 'good' stuff. You can put a Missoni label on a 50$ sweater and guess what----you still only own a 50$ sweater. There is a reason Missoni can charge thousands for the 'high end' stuff and what was sold yesterday at Target (where women FOUGHT over it) was not the same thing.

Not trying to offend anyone who did buy it but that is my opinion. The madness was silly!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

decodelighted|1316021843|3017487 said:
The site was crashing like crazy so I went to my Target about noonish & there were maybe a dozen pieces left in the entire store. Nothing jumped out at me so I just did my regular shopping & left. When I peruse the stuff on ebay ... meh? Wait -- I did try on one of the men's sweaters and the colors were BEEEUTIFUL. It just looked too sloppy on me (XL) with super long arms. Did think about it for a bit though. And thought about one of the ties for DH. But it just had a cheap look about it that made me pass. Oh well!

What did you get, Ame?

It had a cheap look about it bc it is....it isnt what they normally sell. Its much lower quality itmes in similar styles but made cheaply with a Missoni tag sewn in it....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Some of the *designs* are cool. I don't think its any different than getting cheaper but well-designed stuff from Ikea or West Elm or whatnot.

Agree that it is NOT the same caliber as the regular Missoni line (all the Target/ H&M etc special designer collections aren't). But it's a fun spree for folks like me! HECK - I loved that damn Orla Kiely collection. THAT was right up my alley. Even though I only got a few pieces of wardrobe organizational stuff. Was still fun fun fun 4 me.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

...so that's why the Target site was crashing when I was trying to buy baby wipes! If that stupid dog popped up one more time... :nono:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I didn't buy any but I saw it on MSNBC this morning and peeked. Pretty stuff!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock

I agree that it is still Target items with a Missoni tag. I've gotten some things from both H&M and Target collaborations before and as long as you understand that it is still an H&M or Target item (i.e. disposable) it is fun to buy them.

I looked at the shoes in the Missoni for Target line and the suede was puckering around the base and there was visible glue at the places where the fabric meets. I bought one skirt that looked like it was finished properly. The rest of the clothing items didn't look as nice as my other Missoni items (sweaters, swimwear,etc.) and the satin looked glossy and cheap on the lingerie.

I have two pairs of shoes from the Cynthia Vincent for Target line and I really liked them, but again, they are faux-leather and I ended up going to Neiman's to buy the real deal shortly after. I wear my Target ones to boy scout events or other places where my clothes might be ruined. I bought a Karl Lagerfeld for H&M dress a few years ago and it fell apart after the second wear. I stopped buying collaboration items that are for everyday because it bothers me when they don't last. Last year, I bought a Lanvin for H&M dress that is special occasion and dry-clean only. I wore it to a work holiday party, a charity event and recently a cousin's wedding and it still looks beautiful.

I am mostly hoping to get a couple of the vases from the Missoni for Target line, but I don't feel like paying $50 or even $40 for a Target vase.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I was able to order two sweaters and a scarf online, but my friend got me a throw, an umbrella, a robe and makeup bag that I wanted. I am sure that the materials are lower quality, but most of my clothes are from Target because I fluctuate so much in size that it's not worth a big spend that often. I mostly wanted stuff like homegoods and an umbrella and a scarf for this line. I like the patterns.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Re-reading my post I realized it sounds kind of harsh. That isn't what I meant for it to be. Heck, I was in Target shopping. I don't have a problem with buying things at discount prices. I guess the reason I was so annoyed was that the women in my local Traget were literally FIGHTING for the stuff. Fighting, throwing elbows, yelling, arguing, pushing, shoving. I was STUNNED. The clothes never made it on the shelves. It was CRAZY. Even if it was ACTUAL Missoni clothes at those prices, I dont see anything worth fighting over. NOTHING is worth the animal behaviors I witnessed yesterday. But, then again, I also REFUSE to shop on Black Friday for that exact reason.

They did have lots of cute stuff for little girls left today. I wish I had a daughter!

Ame, I have enjoyed reading your posts and find myself shaking my head in agreement with you often. I am sorry if it seemed as if I was trying to belittle your thread. I didnt mean it that way. :saint:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh I never took your post that way at all! No need to apologize!

I do agree that the real thing is almost always better. Quality of materials and workmanship and all that. I didn't even really plan to buy clothes, but two sweaters caught my eye. I am going to just be happy if I get them and they fit lol! I would never buy sometihng like this on Ebay, so I went in thinking if I get it, great, if not whatever. I am going on a shopping vacation in three weeks so anything I don't spend now, Ill surely use then.

I TOTALLY think it's insane how people behaved over this, I mean, fights, death threats...OVER A DAMN BLANKET OR TOWEL. But my bigger issue overall was A) how Target handled this and didn't really prepare for it in spite of all the hype; and B) the fact that there were no restrictions on quantities imposed to prevent people from driving up, paying off a manager, and piling it all lin their van to resell. You cut out your actual customer base for people who didn't know a thing about the brand and made a lot of people quite angry that played by the rules. I think Target knew this would happen, and wanted the publicity. But this is going to be a PR Nightmare for them I think. How many people were trying to buy other stuff besides Missoni that couldn't log on and how much money was lost for the day because of it?

Example however of stupidity:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISSONI-TARGET-COPPER-BIKE-BICYCLE-28-WOMENS-/110743997635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c8db4cc3#ht_500wt_1098

Someone paid 3500 for a 300 bike. :o

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

ame|1316032186|3017643 said:
Oh I never took your post that way at all! No need to apologize!

I do agree that the real thing is almost always better. Quality of materials and workmanship and all that. I didn't even really plan to buy clothes, but two sweaters caught my eye. I am going to just be happy if I get them and they fit lol! I would never buy sometihng like this on Ebay, so I went in thinking if I get it, great, if not whatever. I am going on a shopping vacation in three weeks so anything I don't spend now, Ill surely use then.

I TOTALLY think it's insane how people behaved over this, I mean, fights, death threats...OVER A DAMN BLANKET OR TOWEL. But my bigger issue overall was A) how Target handled this and didn't really prepare for it in spite of all the hype; and B) the fact that there were no restrictions on quantities imposed to prevent people from driving up, paying off a manager, and piling it all lin their van to resell. You cut out your actual customer base for people who didn't know a thing about the brand and made a lot of people quite angry that played by the rules. I think Target knew this would happen, and wanted the publicity. But this is going to be a PR Nightmare for them I think. How many people were trying to buy other stuff besides Missoni that couldn't log on and how much money was lost for the day because of it?

Example however of stupidity:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISSONI-TARGET-COPPER-BIKE-BICYCLE-28-WOMENS-/110743997635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c8db4cc3#ht_500wt_1098

Someone paid 3500 for a 300 bike. :o

$3,500 for a crappy 3-speed?! Wow...people are crazy :lol:

mogster

Shiny_Rock

I used to love the Target Go lines, but the last few have been so disappointing that I've stopped checking. I think the last good line for me, quality- and design-wise, was Richard Chai. I've not really bought anything since. Even the Proenza Schouler corset dress, a loss that I mourned for a while, was utterly disappointing when it finally made its way back to the stores. The pieces are super cute in pictures/online but kind of chintzy and polyester-y in real life. The Missoni stuff looks amazing, though, and I hope the quality is a lot better than what's been out there lately. I'm tempted to stop by Target later and see if there's anything left...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have seen a few people updating locations where there are items. Target claims they'll restock stores but it doesn't sound like clothing will be, just housewares. The obvious winner as far as most saught after are the blankets/throws apparently.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

I live in Virginia and the store I went to today was stocked fully it looked like to me.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw it on morning tv today too. When I saw the commercials I didn't like the stuff. Missoni wasn't even on my radar. I am not
crazy about the zig zag pattern, but apparently a TON of people love it! I think it reminds me of something my mother made me wear
as a kid!

LGK

Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle|1316050996|3017898 said:
I saw it on morning tv today too. When I saw the commercials I didn't like the stuff. Missoni wasn't even on my radar. I am not
crazy about the zig zag pattern, but apparently a TON of people love it! I think it reminds me of something my mother made me wear
as a kid!
Yeah, I was clueless too! Interesting, if a bit frightening. The designs do remind me of those 1960s afghans everybody knitted back then, or at least the one that kicked around my house when I was growing up.

I loved the Target-Libertine collaboration a few years ago; I bought a TON of it and still wear many pieces from that collection. It was good quality too, the ones that had rhinestones (a rhinestone-skull design tank top) were amazingly well made and still have not lost any stones yet, which is great since that was c.2007!

Ame, this thread, BTW, in a very round about way lead me to find an *awesome* birthday gift for DH! First I must say he is sheer, bloody HELL to shop for. Every year I struggle to find *something* he wants which he has not bought himself, and he always is a PITA about it too- he'll get all butt hurt if it isn't something neat. So, I'd thought of the perfect thing two months ago- and lo and behold, the brat goes and buys it that same week for himself! So I was crap out of luck and had no frigging clue what I was going to do. (And his b-day is coming up this month.)

Anyway, I saw this thread and it reminded me of the awesomeness that was the Libertine line. So I searched eBay to see if I could, you know, find a backup rhinestone skull tank top because I'm a huge dork like that and always try to get at *least* doubles of anything I love :rolleyes: Guess what I found? A real deal, designer Libertine line, t-shirt for DH! He has really wanted some neat new screen print shirts, and there just hasn't been much recently. So this one was listed at $60 BIN, and was in his size, and is a neat print :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I don't know how much they run new- they don't sell Libertine new online- but it's a really cool shirt. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/300597414131?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2903wt_1270)

So that's my long and convoluted rambling post for ya! ;))

ETA: looks like the new Libertine t-shirts run in the hundreds- I found someone selling them for $400. :-o

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

ame|1316046358|3017845 said:
I have seen a few people updating locations where there are items. Target claims they'll restock stores but it doesn't sound like clothing will be, just housewares. The obvious winner as far as most saught after are the blankets/throws apparently.
The throws look nice online. Hmmmm. I have some sisters in Virginia. Where were these magically stocked Virginia stores??? :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

as a kid!

Ya. Meh. Curtains, etc.

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal|1316055242|3017966 said:
as a kid!

Ya. Meh. Curtains, etc.

cheers--Sharon

Meh to me as well...

Lucky?? LMAO.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh|1316056233|3017978 said:
canuk-gal|1316055242|3017966 said:
as a kid!

Ya. Meh. Curtains, etc.

cheers--Sharon

Meh to me as well...

Lucky?? LMAO.

Bahaha...same here. Everyone who knows me knows I'm not nor have ever been, a fan of Missoni based on aesthetics alone. Thanks Sharon for the Curtains, etc. quote!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I don't think anyone should throw a punch for a skirt or dress with a rolled hem.

I do buy clothes at Target sometimes - some of their stuff is pretty cute! However, since i have learned to sew I now know just how cheaply it is made - I can replicate the quality at home. It is much cheaper to buy your own fabric and thread and make your own. I am trying to buy less store bought clothes now.

I did not get any Missoni.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

can someone explain to me why this designer collaboration caused so much more of a frenzy than the other ones that Target has had?

April20

Ideal_Rock

I'm going to fess up. I have NO CLUE who this designer is. None. I saw the headline on CNN.com about Target being crazed, but didn't read the story because I thought it was another Target or something because surely, Target the store couldn't be mobbed like the day after thanksgiving in September.

I's feeling really out of touch.

But then again, zig zaggy stripes don't do much for me, so maybe I'm not losing out. :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

You ladies are BAAAAADDDD! :naughty: Missoni is a polarizing brand for sure. I bet there are huge swaths of the South where stuff is untouched.

Personally I like their stripey stuff & the black & white mod prints. Not as huge a fan of the Zigs & Zags. or Spacedye (which looks a lot like Eddie Bauer kind of heathering.)

The COSBY SWEATER look is back back back!!!! :tongue:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

slg47|1316102593|3018229 said:
can someone explain to me why this designer collaboration caused so much more of a frenzy than the other ones that Target has had?
My guess is that it was a LARGER collaboration than most .... over almost every department. Bikes! Makeup bags!! Hairclips!! Kids clothes!! Bedding!! Bathroom rugs!!! etc. And it has gotten a lot of coverage in mags/on design websites/ on morning shows etc.

The only other one that really made my radar and had me rushing to stores to see was Orla.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

decodelighted|1316106269|3018262 said:
The COSBY SWEATER look is back back back!!!! :tongue:

haha "Cosby Sweater." A friend of mine rocks these, but I just can't! I didn't even know Missoni was doing a line for Target until I saw this thread-haven't been to Target in a looong time. I'm not partial to 70s afghan zig zag-in either version! But, I rarely wear prints. It's amazing how these brand launches create such frenzy-crashing the site and whatnot!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I only really think it was bigger because it was the most advertised and hyped of them all. And it coincided with fashion week.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just got my first of two shipping emails, and my friend sent my package to me also. Ill have lots of this stuff by end of next week!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

I went and it was C-C-C-CRAZY!!!! But it was a pretty cool experience-- there were a few hundred people in line, and every Missoni piece was gone in 90 seconds flat.

I can't believe how I lucked out; the clothing did not interest me (I'd rather have the beautiful natural textiles of the original than an armful of the synthetics @Target when it comes to the clothes I wear), but the housewares are significantly better/cuter than expected! The secondary entrance where I entered fed directly into plates/housewares, and I was able to snag a complete set of 8 cereal bowls, salad plates, and dinner outdoor plates in the Passione pattern! Don't know exactly how that happened, just dumb luck. We have a rooftop terrace dining table and entertain a lot, so it'll definitely come in handy. I've purchased melamine plates for picnics at Target before and been exceedingly pleased in the past, so if anyone was debating about their durability I give them a big thumbs-up.

Many people are going crazy over the shoes, but I was able to snag and try on both the suede heels and the multicolour flats and immediately put them back on the shelf for someone else. They felt like... cheap shoes, YKWIM?

The umbrellas, rainboots, and floppy hats were winners IMO, but I only was able to examine them from a kind-hearted fellow shopper who snagged some and let me take a good look. I saw some people offer things from their carts to other shoppers who wound up with nothing in the store to which I went. Though there were a few bad apples, most people were upbeat and pretty happy!

Ame, you were able to buy online? You lucky girl, I was unable to complete my order there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results