shape
carat
color
clarity

so... she said YES! my short story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doppelganger

Rough_Rock
Here''s the link to the ring pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-the-ring-h-a-in-a-laureato-knife-edge-crap-now-what.50190/

Anyways, so i did it on our 3 year anniversary of our first date. I didn''t want to do it on our actual anniversary since that''s a little cliche and might be a little expected (as well as valentines day). And to do it on any other day would be suspicious because i''m not the kind of guy who does the romantic stuff much. It was a total surprise to her. (but she would always bug me asking when are we going to get married.. and i would always deflect that question like a pro... so i was decently sure she would say yes).

anyways, from the week earlier i casually mentioned we should do something on our anniv of our first date since i was off of work that day (although she would be working that eve). So we planned to go to have a picnic with some bentos from Sugoi''s- good cheap local food (all you hawaii guys, you know what i''m talking about), nothing fancy as to be suspicous. So i pack up a soft cooler with multiple pockets (one which held the ring). I also packed one of her anniversary presents in there for cover.

So we go to kahala beach since its pretty isolated and quiet and it was the place where we officially became boyfriend/girlfriend/mutually exclusive (the small beach park next to Kahala Mandarin Hotel/The Kahala as it''s called now). So, we arrive and i have to use the bathroom. Anyways, its kind of weird for me to take the cooler with food into the bathroom, so i said that i had one of her anniversary presents in there and i didn''t want her peeking (hence the cover for the ring being in there). Anyways, we then plop down next to a tree on the sand looking out towards the ocean. There was a wedding couple taking pictures a little bit aways that we could see and she made an obvious sigh (the kind of sigh like when would she get married...). lo and behold, she had no idea what was to come. and then a couple tourists plop down about 15 feet in front of us between us and the ocean and decide to sunbath... well, we had an audience then.

So i tell her close her eyes and give her an early anniversary gift (we usually do multiple presents for events vs. one big present). She opens it and it''s a little pirate goofy stuffed animal that she liked in the di So she''s all happy. So we relax a bit since work was a little rough that night. Then a little while later i tell her i have a surprise for her and she has to close her eyes. She closes her eyes and i open up the cooler and ruffle up some plastic bags rather loudly while i check to see if she''s peeking. And I pull out the ring and open the box up and face it to her and tell her to open her eyes. She opens her eyes and it all surprised and smilling and emotional and starts tearing up and crying. Then i say something about ''this love that we have and share and give and recieve'' (we love the show Friends, so all you Friends fans out there know what i''m talking about). And then i ask her to marry me in cantonese, her first language since she''s from HongKong & Macau (btw, I am japanese/filipino, not chinese at all). So she says yes right away and is all teary eyed still. And i put the ring on her and it fits perfectly since of course, like a good bf, i would know her ring size.

then i tell her about the ring being a tulip kiss design and when you tip it from an angle it looks like a tulip, her favorite flower. And how not much people probably have the ring, especially in Hawaii, since its a WF exclusive thousands and thousands of miles away. And i tell her about how the diamond is all eye clean ACA AGS ideal H&A 0.81, even though she doesn''t really know much about the diamond stuff, so i just end up adding it has ideal proportions and optical symmetry and it''ll sparkle and fire and light up more than all your normal B&M stuff (and yes, it out performs all the ben bridge, hallmark jewelers, and zales stuff. and to our eyes, on par with the cartier, tiffany''s and HOF stuff that we later looked at, at a fraction of the price). I haven''t told her how much it costed me, just that we need to get insurance for it, but all you PSer''s should be able to figure it out.

Anyways, so yeah, we''re engaged... enjoying it for now... haven''t told much people yet, mainly close friends and coworkers (we work at the same place, just diff shifts), and now PS. And i just started all the wedding planning research. I''ll be planning the majority of it since she gets overwhelmed with all that stuff. And i''m the researcher anyways. So yeah, thats my story...

- hawaii dude

doppelganger

Rough_Rock
oh yeah, i was using the nick Doppler for the ring stuff since she knows i use Doppelganger for other forums and she may have found me out on PS prior to the actual popping of the question...

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! Now we need to see some hand shots!!!
31.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awesome news - Congratulations! I always cuddle up with a cup of tea when a read proposal stories. It''s so sweet! Please shower us with many pictures of her beautiful ring. Congrats!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2006 6:20:38 AM
Author:doppelganger
Here''s the link to the ring pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-the-ring-h-a-in-a-laureato-knife-edge-crap-now-what.50190/

Anyways, so i did it on our 3 year anniversary of our first date. I didn''t want to do it on our actual anniversary since that''s a little cliche and might be a little expected (as well as valentines day). And to do it on any other day would be suspicious because i''m not the kind of guy who does the romantic stuff much. It was a total surprise to her. (but she would always bug me asking when are we going to get married.. and i would always deflect that question like a pro... so i was decently sure she would say yes).

anyways, from the week earlier i casually mentioned we should do something on our anniv of our first date since i was off of work that day (although she would be working that eve). So we planned to go to have a picnic with some bentos from Sugoi''s- good cheap local food (all you hawaii guys, you know what i''m talking about), nothing fancy as to be suspicous. So i pack up a soft cooler with multiple pockets (one which held the ring). I also packed one of her anniversary presents in there for cover.

So we go to kahala beach since its pretty isolated and quiet and it was the place where we officially became boyfriend/girlfriend/mutually exclusive (the small beach park next to Kahala Mandarin Hotel/The Kahala as it''s called now). So, we arrive and i have to use the bathroom. Anyways, its kind of weird for me to take the cooler with food into the bathroom, so i said that i had one of her anniversary presents in there and i didn''t want her peeking (hence the cover for the ring being in there). Anyways, we then plop down next to a tree on the sand looking out towards the ocean. There was a wedding couple taking pictures a little bit aways that we could see and she made an obvious sigh (the kind of sigh like when would she get married...). lo and behold, she had no idea what was to come. and then a couple tourists plop down about 15 feet in front of us between us and the ocean and decide to sunbath... well, we had an audience then.

So i tell her close her eyes and give her an early anniversary gift (we usually do multiple presents for events vs. one big present). She opens it and it''s a little pirate goofy stuffed animal that she liked in the di So she''s all happy. So we relax a bit since work was a little rough that night. Then a little while later i tell her i have a surprise for her and she has to close her eyes. She closes her eyes and i open up the cooler and ruffle up some plastic bags rather loudly while i check to see if she''s peeking. And I pull out the ring and open the box up and face it to her and tell her to open her eyes. She opens her eyes and it all surprised and smilling and emotional and starts tearing up and crying. Then i say something about ''this love that we have and share and give and recieve'' (we love the show Friends, so all you Friends fans out there know what i''m talking about). And then i ask her to marry me in cantonese, her first language since she''s from HongKong & Macau (btw, I am japanese/filipino, not chinese at all). So she says yes right away and is all teary eyed still. And i put the ring on her and it fits perfectly since of course, like a good bf, i would know her ring size.

then i tell her about the ring being a tulip kiss design and when you tip it from an angle it looks like a tulip, her favorite flower. And how not much people probably have the ring, especially in Hawaii, since its a WF exclusive thousands and thousands of miles away. And i tell her about how the diamond is all eye clean ACA AGS ideal H&A 0.81, even though she doesn''t really know much about the diamond stuff, so i just end up adding it has ideal proportions and optical symmetry and it''ll sparkle and fire and light up more than all your normal B&M stuff (and yes, it out performs all the ben bridge, hallmark jewelers, and zales stuff. and to our eyes, on par with the cartier, tiffany''s and HOF stuff that we later looked at, at a fraction of the price). I haven''t told her how much it costed me, just that we need to get insurance for it, but all you PSer''s should be able to figure it out.

Anyways, so yeah, we''re engaged... enjoying it for now... haven''t told much people yet, mainly close friends and coworkers (we work at the same place, just diff shifts), and now PS. And i just started all the wedding planning research. I''ll be planning the majority of it since she gets overwhelmed with all that stuff. And i''m the researcher anyways. So yeah, thats my story...

- hawaii dude
So Doppel, care to elaborate on how you deflected her questions of "when are we getting engaged/married?" I''m sure the L''sIW on this board would LOVE to know some examples of things guys say to to keep their future fiancees in the dark until they are ready to actually make the move....
9.gif

Your proposal was very thoughtful, and I checked out your e-ring--it''s really gorgeous, no wonder she loved it! Thanks for sharing your story!
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful proposal and ring!!! Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results