shape
carat
color
clarity

So sad...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
...that I''ll never get to be list keeper!
9.gif
2.gif
27.gif

Ladies, after being on the list for 10 months and moving up to spot #23, I am so happy and excited to let everyone know that I no longer have a BF...I have a FI!!!

The story:

FI (EEK!
9.gif
) had planned an anniversary surprise and all I knew is that I had to be ready at 5 and look pretty, but also have shoes I could stand/walk in for awhile. So, 5:00 finally rolls around, we get in the car and we''re off. He has the directions written down and is giving them to me as we go along (I was driving, because we were in my car and I''m uber protective of it). I realize just before we arrive at our destination where we were going: dinner at The Melting Pot. (NOM!)

We arrive for our 6 PM reservation, and they take us to our table, which is the same one we sat at the last time we were at MP (he requested it!)...it''s a little 2-seater L-shaped booth in its own little alcove with windows that look out to the street. Uber romantic, AND there''s a card from the MP staff on the table that says "Happy Anniversary"! We ordered our salads and entrees and a bottle of wine (a Riesling) and just enjoyed our time together. We got the flaming turtle chocolate fondue for dessert and by the time all was said and done, it was about 8 PM, and he said we weren''t done yet.

So we get back in the car and he gives me the first direction out of the garage. I ask him for the second direction and he said "South on 395" and I IMMEDIATELY knew we were heading for the park where we walked on our first date. I started tearing up in the car and said "I don''t think I need any more directions." So we head to the park and I change my shoes to something more walk-friendly (but still cute!), and we set off around the pond. We walk out to the gazebo where we had our first kiss, spend some time kissing and holding each other, snap a few pictures, and then he suggests we go sit down on the bench near it. We sat for a few minutes watching the ducks...I think he was waiting for the other people around to kind of clear out...and then he unwraps his arm from around me, gets down on one knee, and tells me he loves me and asks me to marry him! Of course I say yes, with tears streaming down my face, and then he tells me the ring''s in the car because he couldn''t hide the box in his pants pocket and it was too hot to wear his jacket around the pond! I told him that, for making me wait, he has to ask me again when we get back to the car. So we finish our walk, head back to the car, and he took the ring out of his jacket pocket, asked me to marry him again with the box open, and then slipped the ring on my finger.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It was already dark last night when I saw it, but I knew it was a stunner...and when the sun hits the center stone, it''s a little fireball!

The stats:
Setting: Calla Cut by Nelson 3-stone with surprise basket diamonds, Platinum, 0.30 ctw.
Center Stone: Blue Nile, 0.91 ct. H SI1, Ideal Cut. (The HCA comes in as a GIA Ex, and an AGS0)

~~~***~~~***~~~DUST!!!~~~***~~~***~~~ to all the lovely ladies left on the list!!!

Anniversary and Engagement 043a.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!! You get me so anxious. I woke up this morning to check on your update!!! YEAH!!! PRETTY RING!!!! CONGRATS!
36.gif
30.gif

more pictures please
30.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Show me the Bling thread: Linky!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is pretty and the proposal sounded so sweet.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Super sweet and the ring is gorgeous!

I''m telling you, the spot on the list after me is super lucky. :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a thoughtful proposal! And love the ring - it looks great on you.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Awwwww *squee* such a lovely proposal! Congratulations!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
VC, you had me so nervous with your thread title! But congratulations! I''m so happy for you and your very sweet proposal (I love the MP too), and the gorgeous ring! Enjoy!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous-I love the setting!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this and thought "Oh, no! It didn''t happen" but then it clicked, and I said "OMG. I bet she''s going to write she''s sad to leave the list"!
Congrats, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you, VC!!!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a great story! Congrats!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay
36.gif
congrats, enjoy being enfianced....

and love the bling too
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and your FI!!! What an awesome proposal!!! He did good!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy for you. What a sweet proposal story and I love your ring. YAY!

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
That is fab. SOOOO happy!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 8:40:33 PM
Author: princessplease
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this and thought ''Oh, no! It didn''t happen'' but then it clicked, and I said ''OMG. I bet she''s going to write she''s sad to leave the list''!

Congrats, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you, VC!!!

I had to make everyone sweat just a little bit...right?!?!
11.gif
12.gif

Thanks to EVERYONE for your wonderful wishes!!! It was totally worth every agonizing minute of wait for the amazing feeling at that moment he got down on one knee.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! Your ring is beautiful!

É

étoile

Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and I loved your proposal story. Time to start planning???

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
First - you scared me!!
38.gif

Second - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Third - your ring is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo!! Congrats! Sounds like a very sweet proposal!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!!

VC, I''m so glad to finally see this thread. Your ring is gorgeous and the proposal is just so sweet.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, ladies! I am still so excited and we are both looking forward to the planning...the wedding...and most importantly, our future together!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
HOOOOOOOORRRAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

gorgeous ring, congrats!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
A BIG congrats from me!
36.gif
What a sweet story and Beautiful ring
18.gif
I really do like that setting.

Don''t be a stranger and I hope I''ll be reading about your wedding plans soon in BWW.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS...thats such a sweet proposal, i would have cried and laughed all the way back to the car

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Congrats, lady!!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 7:59:39 PM
Author: Jessie702
CONGRATS...thats such a sweet proposal, i would have cried and laughed all the way back to the car

That''s pretty much exactly what happened, Jessie! We had to cross a bridge on the way around the pond back to the car. I call it the Turtle Bridge because there''s always a ton of turtles in the water below it. Normally I would stick around for hours and watch the turtles. This time...I lasted about 30 seconds before trucking around the rest of the pond back to the car!!!

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Congrats! that is so sweet, I love that you knew exactly where you were headed!P.S. gorgeous ring. GORGEOUS

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results