shape
carat
color
clarity

So indecisive! Help me choose a colour for a backpack/computer bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so, am off to grad school next month, and I wanted to have a bag that wasn''t obviously a laptop bag (for security reasons), and I also needed a carry-on bag that would house my computer as well as my other super-important carry-on items. I''ve found the bag I want--it''s a Crumpler, and the model is the King Single, which has a sleeve for a 15" laptop, and then has other storage space, blah blah. It''s cute, and the sort of multi-purpose thing I''m looking for, and I want to order it today. However! I can''t decide which colour I like best.

Here''s the issue (and tell me if you ever have the same thing, because I normally do): I like colours, soft, pretty, subtle, nothing really flashy or bright. BUT! I almost always end up buying neutrals like black or brown so that the accessory in question will match most of my wardrobe. I don''t know if this is left over from all the "concert black" clothes I always had to wear when I was performing regularly, but most of my jackets, pants and handbags (not that I have many) are black.

And now I can''t decide if I should go with the powder blue, which is very pretty, or with the black, which will match everything else I own. I''ll be in England, presumably wearing jackets or coats most of the time, which means a blue bag on a black coat... I don''t know! Normally I''m a pretty adventurous person in terms of doing stuff (like that I''m leaving the country to get my degree
1.gif
) but when it comes to things like COLOURS of BAGS, I can''t make up my mind! Help, please!

Let me get some pictures...here''s the black:

b202_o10586.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And the black innards...

b202_o10586_ai1047.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And the blue...

b202_o10613.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And the blue innards.... They''re both cute! Blarg. Wish I could make up my mind.

b202_o10613_ai10832.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Will you be wearing jeans? If so then the blue might look coordinated with your pants, even if you''re wearing a black coat....

Which part of the UK are you going to be studying in? Lots of students tend to wear waterproof jackets in the winter, so you''ll see more colours being worn than black.

Otherwise I like the black as it''s a classic!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, cool bag, I prefer the black one, though. I think it will be way more versatile, you can wear it with jeans or dressier outfits/black pants, etc. I really like that it''s discreet as far as not being an obvious laptop bag, good job on thinking of that!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 11:43:08 PM
Author: just_looking!
Will you be wearing jeans? If so then the blue might look coordinated with your pants, even if you''re wearing a black coat....

Which part of the UK are you going to be studying in? Lots of students tend to wear waterproof jackets in the winter, so you''ll see more colours being worn than black.

Otherwise I like the black as it''s a classic!
Jah, when given the option, I basically liiiiive in my collection of jeans. I''ll be in Camribridge, and I''ve got a waterproof jacket, actually--cute and black with a nipped waist that flares out a little, and I think the blue might look a little off with it, or it might look fine. I know the black would look good, but I''m not really a drab sort of person, although my clothing/accessories sort of make it look that way.... But I do think the black would probably match better....
40.gif

Author: monarch64
Ooo, cool bag, I prefer the black one, though. I think it will be way more versatile, you can wear it with jeans or dressier outfits/black pants, etc. I really like that it''s discreet as far as not being an obvious laptop bag, good job on thinking of that!
Thanks, babe! It''s half necessity, half good thinkin''. I''m only allowed one carry-on bit of luggage on the plane, and I need way more space than what my current laptop bag can supply, and I''ll possibly have to lug ye olde laptop with me to class now and then. Plus I don''t want it to be a target for thieves or anything....

I think I agree about the black being more versatile (no, I know I agree)--I''m just afraid I''m being boring, going for black again. Even though it''s a classic.... Meh, I think I just need to get over it and order the black.
3.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! I love it! *drools* Of the two colors you''re waffling between I say go for the black. It has that bright green sleeve on the inside for a hit of color.

This is actually just what I need too, so we can be twinsies... but I''m going for something a bit brighter like red. I figure it''ll lessen the chance of getting run over on rainy days.
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 1:21:55 PM
Author: IndieJones
Oooh! I love it! *drools* Of the two colors you''re waffling between I say go for the black. It has that bright green sleeve on the inside for a hit of color.

This is actually just what I need too, so we can be twinsies... but I''m going for something a bit brighter like red. I figure it''ll lessen the chance of getting run over on rainy days.
2.gif
*grins* They offer it in red! And even if you weren''t thinking of getting the bag, I''d probably still tell you to visit the website (and
here''s a link!) because it''s unique in the extent of its weirdness (especially the bit of the site that talks about the history of the company and stuff--whoa
37.gif
). But yeah! Good taste.
2.gif

And you lovely ladies have convinced me to go with the black. I''d probably be happy with either, but I do know that the black would match my stuff better, so it is the better choice for me. Thanks for the help!!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, just ordered the black bag, and also treated myself to the itty bitty Winkler (small) for my iPod Nano. Got that in the purple.
2.gif

Thanks again for your help, ladies! I love buying stuff; it puts me in such a good mood!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 6:44:45 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Ok, just ordered the black bag, and also treated myself to the itty bitty Winkler (small) for my iPod Nano. Got that in the purple.
2.gif

Thanks again for your help, ladies! I love buying stuff; it puts me in such a good mood!
9.gif

I like the black best too! Yay for shopping!!! Don''t ipod nanos rock?!?!hehe

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 9:37:25 PM
Author: Skippy123
I like the black best too! Yay for shopping!!! Don't ipod nanos rock?!?!hehe
They do indeed! And yes, yay for shopping indeed! I've gone a bit buckwild this week with it, actually....feels good now, but when that credit card bill comes....
32.gif

Most of it's for stuff I need for my upcoming trip to the UK, but still! It felt so good to go out and BUY! I usually am too busy paying off student loans or car repairs or rent or other bills to get myself new things! It's been so long I almost forgot how much fun it is to SHOP!!!
9.gif

Oh, and annoyingly, the iPod Nano case came in the wrong colour--I ordered a very cute purple, and guess what? It came in black, just like my bag! So even when I TRY to jazz things up a little, Fate steps in and tells me to be boring/versatile! Damnit!!
41.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gwen, you are such a bad influence! I saw these and I was like oooooh I MUST have this for school it is adorable. I saw them in Prague when I was there in January, but I couldn''t justify the purchase then. But now I can, so I ordered the Salary Sacrifice bag in brown.
11.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Cool bag! I like the black one better.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 3:29:35 PM
Author: neatfreak
Gwen, you are such a bad influence! I saw these and I was like oooooh I MUST have this for school it is adorable. I saw them in Prague when I was there in January, but I couldn't justify the purchase then. But now I can, so I ordered the Salary Sacrifice bag in brown.
11.gif
Bwahahahaha!!! Sorry, I like being a bad influence.
11.gif
37.gif

snlee: Thanks!! It's really super-mega comfy--the straps are padded so it'll be awesome as my carry-on, and there's really a ton of room inside it, even after my laptop's been housed safely in that envelope thingy. It's a very cool bag.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results