shape
carat
color
clarity

So, I went to the safe deposit box today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
The post about jewelry getting stolen made me realize how much stuff I have at home and I tend to wear very little of it or I'l lhave a favorate piece and wear that for months and then get bored and switch to something else.

I have toyed with getting a safe but we are probably going to put the house on the market and move soon so I don't want that.

So, I took everything but my engagment ring, eternity band, studs, and a pendant I wear all the time to the bank and locked it away.

My bank is a mile from my house and right next to a Starbucks so I'm right there almost daily anyway for my caffine addiction.

As I was driving away, I was surprised at how relieved I felt not having my stuff at home, heirlooms etc and realized how super easy it is to go to the bank any time I feel like it to retrieve something and wear it.

It also occured to me that when I travel (I only wear a plain platinum band when traveling so not to draw attention to myself) I will from now on go to the bank first to put my engagement ring, studs, and necklace in.

I think this will greatly minimize loss.

Oh, and as a side note, when I was in my little booth I openend each box to make sure the jewlery was placed correctly and you would not believe how much the diamonds sparkle in my bank LOL.

Oh, and non diamond related, here is an idea for people with precious digital images. Once every 2 months I put all my photos on disk and make 2 copies and put one in my safe deposit box and keep one at home. I had a friend growing up whose house burned down and her parents lost all photos. With digital photos, its so much easier to store large amounts of photos away from home.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the first thing I did today. After what happened to my Mom, I wasn''t going to take any chances.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
good idea about the photos thing. i''ll probably start doing that.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Just a reminder... if you have any opals, DON''T put them in the box. They can''t handle the low-humidity atmosphere.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls probably shouldn''t go in either should they?

avlis

Shiny_Rock
i havent tried this, but if you are concerned about the low humidity, couldnt one buy a small cigar humidor and store your opel (and maybe pearls) in that in a safe deposit box? although occasional visits to rehydrate the humidor would be required.

just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results