shape
carat
color
clarity

So I tried this dress on...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_1_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092511261&j_style_no=STYL20080821003&j_line_no=LINE20080821008&j_line_season=F

and I loved it! It''s the only dress I''ve tried on,and I was only with my friend (it was kind of on a whim to try dresses on). I think I''m going to need to go back and try on maybe 1-2 more just to appease people who would be hurt knowing they didn''t get to come,but still I really think this is the one,should I just order it and be done?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo! It has POCKETS!!!
36.gif

Beautiful dress...not sure what to tell you about ordering now vs. ordering after you get a chance to go with some other important women...

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I do love the pockets,and it''s awesome cause you really have no idea they''re there! So they won''t show up in pictures or anything.

The more I think about it I should just let all the girls come,and not hurt their feelings.I know they will all like the dress to.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I found my dress at the first shop I went to with my Mom and sister, but I went back with my friends (and to another shop) to A) see what else was out there since I wasn''t sure about it and B) because I knew my friends were excited to shop with me.

The way I figured, you''re only going to get a chance to try on dresses once, so why wouldn''t you want your friends to be there? As long as you aren''t making multiple appointments and trying to waste the salesperson''s time (and if you really think it is the one, you aren''t), I don''t see the harm. However, be aware that if you love it and your girlfriends don''t, it might make things awkward and hard for you.

And BTW, I LOOOVE that dress. So cute!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh...that''s super, super cute! How exciting!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I love all you ps''ers! You are all so sweet! I think everyones right and I should go back with my girlfriends,not only to have a good time,but to make sure this is really THE dress, since the last time I went was so rushed and all.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
That is seriously adorable! It looks comfortable too.

There are plenty of brides on here that know "this is the dress" at their first appointment. If you want to be really sure, reschedule another appointment at the same salon with the important folks, and try on at least 5 or 6 dresses in different styles. Mermaid, ballgown, a-line etc, just so you have an idea of what others think looks best on you silhouette-wise and what you think feels best on you.

After you try on a couple of silhouettes, try on the dress you love and see what their reaction to it is. Odds are that your glowing face will alert them to the fact that you are completely in love with it before you even make it to the mirror.
1.gif

However on the off chance that somebody says "ew", remain calm and ask them why they don''t think it works. Process the response, weigh it against your feelings, and see if it''s something that makes you go "hmm yeah", or "I don''t agree with that."

Also, one thing I will tell you from experience is that the more people that end up in that room with you, the tougher it is to try on dresses. You have to remember to keep your feelings foremost above others, and that it doesn''t matter if you MOH or your mom aren''t as completely in love with your dress as you are. They aren''t going to be wearing it!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ts44! I''m trying to keep the amount of people that come with me to 3-4 max which already feels like a lot. I definitely should try on more gowns to really make sure,but I''m like 95% sure the one I tried on is the one.We are having a garden wedding(even though we have not booked the venue yet lol) and it just seems to be a very "me" dress.

I hope everyone really reaffirms my love of it.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful dress and it is suitable for a garden party. But it is fun to try on more dresses with your friends. Try them on with jewelry and veil or tiara (if you plan to wear one).

I went to only one bridal shop and buy the third dress I tried on. I love the one I bought. But now I feel like I miss my chance to try on more dresses and more style are out there. I still go around and try more dresses and I think I fall in love with another dress but I will wear the one I already bought. The dress that I fall in love now is totally different than the one I bought. I never thought that I am more of a mermaid bride than an A-line/ball gown bride.

So, I would suggest that when you go out to try on dresses, try not to have an opinion on the dress until you put it on your body because the way the dress fall on you is more important than the way it looks on mannequin or hanger. It is a fun process to try these gowns on. So, have fun!!!
35.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 12:18:36 PM
Author: Amzizzle
Thank you ts44! I''m trying to keep the amount of people that come with me to 3-4 max which already feels like a lot. I definitely should try on more gowns to really make sure,but I''m like 95% sure the one I tried on is the one.We are having a garden wedding(even though we have not booked the venue yet lol) and it just seems to be a very ''me'' dress.

I hope everyone really reaffirms my love of it.
3-4 will feel like a lot after you get into the 5th dress lol! The most people I ever went with was 3...my mother, my maid of honor, and a friend of mine. He was the reason that my fiance and I got together and wanted to go with me to try on dresses so badly. I think I tried on 12 dresses during that sitting and I truly think he didn''t like any of them, but he was just SO HAPPY that he got to be part of the process. That was the important part for him. Hopefully your folks will see it that way and not get too wrapped up in nitpicky details.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love that gown! So classy and I adore the fact that its made from silk taffeta. What kind of lace is up top? Either way, its beautiful!

Enjoy trying on a few more with your friends for sure! Its nice to have a few more on you to make double sure that this is THE dress.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
love that dress!! one of my favs--can''t wait to see you in it!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
The dress is a lot prettier in person actually.the whole top is beaded and sparkles quite a bit.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely go back with family/friends. It''ll be the only time they''re ever going to get to to wedding dress shopping with you!

That dress is really pretty. It is so perfect for a garden wedding
1.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful dress! I think pockets are a wonderful idea too!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
How long until your wedding (months, years)? How many gowns have you tried on so far?

The dress is pretty, but there are so many brides who buy one of the first dresses they try on and then regret it later when they see a gown they like better in a magazine/salon/online later on. I don't want to see that happen to you.

If your wedding is far off or you haven't tried on many dresses yet, I'd definitely go to more salons and try on lots more dresses. It's not like this salon is going to "sell out" of this gown next week. I'm sure you could go back months from now and order it if in fact it remains your favorite after you've tried on others. So, why not be 100% sure before you order it by going and trying on as many gowns as you can? You lose nothing and potentially ward off big heartache later on. Seriously, search this forum for all the threads of brides who bought a dress early but then regretted it later. Don't do that to yourself!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
CUTE!!! Well, you know what they say, often times "the one" is the first one you try on!!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Um...that dress is FANTASTIC!!!! I love the pockets!!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I''m definitely going to try on more dresses (just in case). I really just think this one is the best though.I will however take suggestions on other dresses you guys think I might like though
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s an absolutely gorgeous dress-love it! I would definitely try on others though-at least then you know that you''ve made the correct decision.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 11:52:46 AM
Author: ts44
That is seriously adorable! It looks comfortable too.

There are plenty of brides on here that know ''this is the dress'' at their first appointment. If you want to be really sure, reschedule another appointment at the same salon with the important folks, and try on at least 5 or 6 dresses in different styles. Mermaid, ballgown, a-line etc, just so you have an idea of what others think looks best on you silhouette-wise and what you think feels best on you.

After you try on a couple of silhouettes, try on the dress you love and see what their reaction to it is. Odds are that your glowing face will alert them to the fact that you are completely in love with it before you even make it to the mirror.
1.gif

DITTO. try on other gowns as well JUST so you have some comparison and try to keep the number of people your bringing to a minimum (just those that really counts) because it IS hard to make a decision... but ultimately, make sure YOU are the one that makes a decision since you are going to be wearing it anyway!

love the dress pick!

However on the off chance that somebody says ''ew'', remain calm and ask them why they don''t think it works. Process the response, weigh it against your feelings, and see if it''s something that makes you go ''hmm yeah'', or ''I don''t agree with that.''

Also, one thing I will tell you from experience is that the more people that end up in that room with you, the tougher it is to try on dresses. You have to remember to keep your feelings foremost above others, and that it doesn''t matter if you MOH or your mom aren''t as completely in love with your dress as you are. They aren''t going to be wearing it!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh....love it!!! the shape of the dress is just beautiful!

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Try on lots of dresses just so you''ll know. If you keep comparing every other dress to the first one, then you''ll know it''s the one for you. Besdies, trying on dresses can be one of the most fun parts of wedding planning!!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results