shape
carat
color
clarity

So I just bought this baby antique OMC

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
So I just bought this OMC from a dealer.

I have been wanting one since ever. I had a very small budget and no wiggle room. My local jeweler said it looks to be a legitimate antique cut. No report on it until the seller had GIA do one this year. As I understand it, it was pulled from an estate piece.

Ticks all the boxes, for better or worse; feathers, indented naturals, pin points, crystals and even a cavity. On the table. Strong blue fluorescence in a faint brown L. On paper it is a total mess. It IS a total mess. It’s way smaller than I wanted. And, it’s perfect. Perfectly janky and somehow I love it? It’s moody and imperfect and as it sit here typing this it kind of sounds autobiographical!

I had a beautiful 1.5 ct F cushion brilliant (MMD) that I returned today (without even unboxing) in favor of this wonky old stone.

Just wanted to share my ugly, awesome duckling.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charming and looks to be very lively too. What will you do with this treasure?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s wonderful!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!
the outline shape is divine and the facet pattern is pleasing
- what are your plans for this? :love:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
what size is it?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that brown diamonds with strong blue Fluor will glow neon green in the sun. Don’t quote me but I swear I read that on PS recently.

Well, it’s an L color with ‘faint brown’ tint. I wish it glowed neon green in the sun. It doesn’t :( But it lights right up deep blue under my UV lamp.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it’s an L color with ‘faint brown’ tint. I wish it glowed neon green in the sun. It doesn’t :( But it lights right up deep blue under my UV lamp.

I actually went back and deleted my comment because I didn’t think I was remembering correctly after posting. So totally disregard that but it is a lovely stone and it will be great to see the final reveal!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I actually went back and deleted my comment because I didn’t think I was remembering correctly after posting. So totally disregard that but it is a lovely stone and it will be great to see the final reveal!

Haha no worries. One can dream ;-)

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
Glad you found your unique treasure. Good luck with creating a jewel around it. I wouldn't call this OMC an ugly duckling. The cushion shape of its outline and the arrangement of the chunky facets please my aesthetic!

"Moody and imperfect" is a description I can identify with, too. I have an OMC-like Peruzzi cut in the process of being set, myself. It has some minor wear as a very old cut, it faces up small for its weight, and there's a Maltese cross look in the center, that darkens some in low light. It's funky but I reached for this antique diamond because it "said" that it was totally me.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And it's absolutely perfect. :love: My absolute favorite kind of diamond.
I can't wait to see it set.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE how you described your precious and completely understand why this beautiful swan of a stone (definitely NOT an ugly duckling, but sure is awesome!) captured your heart.
I can’t wait to see the final reveal, congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoon! I love its chunkalicious goodness! :love:
It is awesome all the way and not even a little ugly duckling.
Enjoy in good health and chunkalicious joy!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you found your unique treasure. Good luck with creating a jewel around it. I wouldn't call this OMC an ugly duckling. The cushion shape of its outline and the arrangement of the chunky facets please my aesthetic!

"Moody and imperfect" is a description I can identify with, too. I have an OMC-like Peruzzi cut in the process of being set, myself. It has some minor wear as a very old cut, it faces up small for its weight, and there's a Maltese cross look in the center, that darkens some in low light. It's funky but I reached for this antique diamond because it "said" that it was totally me.

Your stone sounds lovely. I hope you share it here once the setting is finished. Thanks for the kind words!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon! I love its chunkalicious goodness! :love:
It is awesome all the way and not even a little ugly duckling.
Enjoy in good health and chunkalicious joy!

Thank you! Thanks everyone for the supportive feedback!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s charming. I’ve seen this seller on Etsy before and have admired their items.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
It’s charming. I’ve seen this seller on Etsy before and have admired their items.

Thank you.
I had never run into them. The service was excellent and the guys were friendly and responsive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results