shape
carat
color
clarity

So I got married in NY last week

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Firsty Hubby suprised me and collected our e-rings then he popped up with another suprise and said "why don't we get just get married in NY on our vacation next week" I asked him if he was serious - he said "YES!" So we sealed it with an old fashion hand shake...and that was the beginning of our CRAZY wedding planning for a wedding on the 26th of May....

Mission accomplished! We got married last Friday...! All within days of preperation...
26.gif

Here is our mad week itinerary and photo link...

36.gif

Here is our itinerary:

May Friday 19th
Arrived at Newark airport @ 10.45am
My cousins wife took us straight from the airport to the post office to get our money orders for a marriage license & certificate etc.
Went to Staten Island City Hall and paid for our marriage license
Caught the ferry & met up with our wedding photographer in Manhattan that afternoon @ 4pm

May Saturday 20th
My cousin drove me to David's Bridal in New Jersey - they had my dress! PHEW
21.gif

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2341&prodgroup=10
Only alteration bra cups
Chima ordered his suit & bought shoes in New Jersey

May Sunday 21st
Chima got his hair cut in Staten Island
Ordered my bouquet and button hole for Chima - Calla Lilies
Drove to Brooklyn to Tasty Pastry to order our cup cake wedding cake
16.gif

May Monday 22nd
Found a reception/restaurant in Soho organised a set menu (Eastanah 212 Lafayette St NYC 10012)
Picked up my dress after alterations and bought my blusher/veil and shoes at David's Bridal too.

May Tues 23rd & Wed 24th
Toured and played in Manhattan - ahhhh RELAX (!)
10.gif

May Thursday 25th
Got my hair and nails done.
Collected Chima's suits from alterations
Collected my cousin Cecil from the airport who flew in for the wedding from Michigan
Collected my Auntie Clarita from Queens
Made bouquets for the girls and decorations for the car
1.gif
2.gif
4.gif
21.gif

May Friday 26th
Our wedding day!!!
emlove.gif

May Saturday 27th
Met with the photographer to collect our wedding CD's
emphoto.gif

PERFECT could not be happier with her imagery and service.
I loved her photojournalistic approach to our wedding day – exactly what we wanted.
http://www.newyorkphoto.nu/

May Sunday 28th
Departed NY from Toronto @ 6pm

All organised in a matter of days??? Who could tell by our pics...
All could not have been possible with out the love & support from our families in Oz & UK especially our CASTRO family in NY & “D” & my beautiful hubby Chima!!!

We had a simply gorgeous wedding day…and hope our lives together would be just the same….

Here are our pics

Enjoy...

xArlene
emrainbow.gif
emgift.gif
emcocktl.gif
emdog.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and Chima, Arlene! WOW I love everything about your wedding- your dress, the photos, the venue- it was so perfect! And I cant believe you organized it all so quickly! AMAZING! You looked so beautiful on your wedding day. Again, congrats to you and your new hubby!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Arlene, you are a wise wise woman! You saved yourself months of stress and headaches and you had a gorgeous day! You looked beautiful! You and your hubby are going to have the cutest kids, btw!

And I love the dress--next time I''m getting one that I won''t step on when I''m dancing. Your''s looked perfect!!

Congratulations to you and your husband!

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Wow thank you all for the warm wishes/comments...and yes it was PERFECT in our eyes...
face1.gif

LM thanks for the link have just posted as requested
emphoto.gif

xArlene

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chi -- what a beautiful wedding! How totally sweet and un-fussy it was! It was clear from the pics that it was about only the most important things -- love, family, friends, and food! Yay!!! Congratulations! By the way, I love your gown. We don''t see enough of those vintage-styled 50''s short gowns nowadays!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet! You guys look so great - LOVE your dress! I think you did yourselves a big favor by having such a sweet, spur of the moment wedding on vacation! How romantic.
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!! what a fun time! you look adorable in that dress!! it looks perfect on you...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

and kudos to you for doing it all in a week!! I was not brave enough to do that!
9.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I love the pic with the brick wall in the background and think it would look fabulous framed!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Arlene, you and your husband look soo happy in all of your pics! I was smiling the whole time looking at them
1.gif
Congratulations! You are a beautiful couple and your children will be gorgeous
2.gif
I agree that you had a *perfect* wedding!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow!! everything looks great and u both look so happy and carefree!!! its amazing how last minute things turn out so great and sometimes even better than if u had planned them for months...

wishing u both all the best in ur new life together...

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!!

Funny to see you here, too - I''ve already congratulated you on LIW.com as well!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Wow, it''s amazing how quickly you organized everything, it''s such a beautiful wedding!!
9.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results