shape
carat
color
clarity

So, how''s MARRIED LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I''ve asked the question of others, and now I''ve been asked the question. I don''t know what I ever expected anyone to answer...just a conversation starter, I guess. So, now that I''m the one being asked, I don''t know what to answer. I''ve been telling people that it''s the same as living together life, but with nice towels & new dishes.

What do/did you expect of married life?

I don''t know that I expected anything but to add him to my insurance. We had our 4-1/2 year dating anniversary 11/15, have lived together for 3-1/2 years, and had a joint bank account since we moved in together. When we got back from our honeymoon, none of that had changed. We were committed before, we''re committed now. I don''t feel any different, we don''t relate to one another any differently, and our day-to-day lives have only changed one piece of jewelry apiece.

kstar512

Rough_Rock
I feel the same way. My husband and I dated for 6 years before we got married and were together 24/7. It feels the same to me. That question is asked literally everyday by someone. I always just say if feels the same. I never realized how annoying that question was, along with, "When are you going to have kids?" and throughout the whole planning process, "Are you excited?"

charbie

Ideal_Rock
hmmm...i was with my husband for 2.5 years before we got married. we lived together for a year, and never had any joint accounts or anything.

i actually just said to him last night "do you feel any different now that we''re married?"- his response was, "i''m happier."

its been fun saying, "my husband." and the fact that i changed my name has made it more like a "family" unit. i feel closer to him. i feel more "inseperable" than we did before, and maybe thats just because i''ve seen a whole lot of couples who recently have broken off engagements. we still have our own lives, but i feel like marriage matured me a bit more and made me more of a grown-up...if that makes sense.

honestly, maybe when we have kids or something it will feel different?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ML is great! I don''t really feel like anything has changed, but we''ve been slow to do things like merge bank accounts and change my name.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ditto I hate getting asked this, I hate it in the worst way possible lol
I mean I just can''t muster the excitement anymore. Yes I''m happy but I''m not going out of my head excited if you get what i mean lol
Pretty soon I''ll start asking the question back to people who have been married forever hahhah

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I feel the same way. We have dated for over 12 years (since we were in high school) have lived together for 5, shared accounts since we lived together.... not too much has changed, but I really do get this thrill from saying "my husband". Hehe

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I got married 16 months ago (6 years together), and it doesn''t feel any different to either one of us than unmarried life.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i cant stand being asked this question...its the same as asking "so are you pregnant yet?" i just don''t think its a question that can actually be a good conversation starter, but when i am asked i just answer with its great, but not much different than our lives before we got married and then switch subjects.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just say "It''s the best!" or "we''re having so much fun!" and end it at that.

We were together for four years before we married, and we never lived together. It''s different, but I have no idea what people really expect you to say when they ask how it''s going.

You could shock them by saying something like "Whoever said sex goes away once you''re married?"
11.gif
12.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 2:03:47 PM
Author: Haven
I just say ''It''s the best!'' or ''we''re having so much fun!'' and end it at that.

We were together for four years before we married, and we never lived together. It''s different, but I have no idea what people really expect you to say when they ask how it''s going.

You could shock them by saying something like ''Whoever said sex goes away once you''re married?''
11.gif
12.gif

what would really shock them is if its some nosy co worker, tell them its really terrible and you dont wanna talk about it....maybe they wont ask again haha ahhh but then the rumors start, maybe dont do that lol

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 2:39:54 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

I just say ''It''s the best!'' or ''we''re having so much fun!'' and end it at that.

You could shock them by saying something like ''Whoever said sex goes away once you''re married?''
11.gif
12.gif

what would really shock them is if its some nosy co worker, tell them its really terrible and you dont wanna talk about it....maybe they wont ask again haha ahhh but then the rumors start, maybe dont do that lol
my husband got a bad cold about a month after our wedding. i was at my mom''s house hanging out in my sister''s room and could hear him hacking away in the next room. i told my younger sister, "yeah, i had to sleep in the guest room last night!" and she looked at me all horrified and said, "really? already? what''s wrong?" and i said, "don''t you hear that coughing?! i couldn''t sleep!"

she about died since she thought i meant something was wrong...we laughed and laughed!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 2:44:32 PM
Author: charbie
Date: 11/20/2009 2:39:54 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

11.gif
12.gif

my husband got a bad cold about a month after our wedding. i was at my mom''s house hanging out in my sister''s room and could hear him hacking away in the next room. i told my younger sister, ''yeah, i had to sleep in the guest room last night!'' and she looked at me all horrified and said, ''really? already? what''s wrong?'' and i said, ''don''t you hear that coughing?! i couldn''t sleep!''

she about died since she thought i meant something was wrong...we laughed and laughed!
haha that''s hilarious!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 12:02:01 AM
Author:blackbetty
What do/did you expect of married life?
We had already lived together for 2.5 years, so I expected it to be about the same
2.gif

And, well, it has been. I get asked this question constantly, and I always say "About the same!" Then we laugh at what a silly question that is - but really, it''s so automatic when people are newlyweds and/or you haven''t seen them, or haven''t seen them much, since their wedding. I still find myself asking that of other newlyweds without even thinking.

Truth is, a lot of the more intangible things have changed for us... but they''re not things I care to discuss with casual friends/acquaintances (which are the people who ask that question in the first place).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just always reply "same as non-married life". DH and I have been together for ten years and lived together prior to getting married. I do enjoy being married though and it''s lovely to call him my husband.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results