shape
carat
color
clarity

So here is one of my ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
G/f and I are going away later this year. I was thinking of doing a romantic dinner on the beach but before we go out, I would find staff and hand them disposable cameras. And tell them to come out after the bottle of wine is brought to us. Advise them as soon as they see me get up, to just start taking pictures.

Thinking that would be pretty cool to have different angles and tons of pics of the proposal.

Yay or nay?

I am not giving to much info of where we are going etc just in the .000000001% chance she stumbles upon this lol

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I wouldn''t want that many pictures or people staring at us while I''m proposing. I would rather have that be an intimate moment between us and I don''t think I''ll need pictures of the exact moment I gave her the ring. I''ll have pictures right after that, but that moment is just going to be for the two of us. But that''s just my personal opinion and if you really want all those pictures to remember the moment by, then by all means, go for it. If she likes that sort of thing then she will love having all those pictures.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, didn''t think about it like that. Good point!

Another idea I had was to have 12 workers walk by and each drop off a rose. When the last one dropped the rose off is when I would propose.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am very much a picture person (I am never without my camera), but it was very special to me when my fiance proposed with just the two of us there. It was intimate and perfect, and we''ll always have that moment when it was just us through all of the celebrations and people and craziness that follows. We had a fisherman that was on the pier take a picture soon after, but it was so perfect to have just the two of us there for just a little bit. It is something I will never forget. You know your girlfriend best, but I''d suggest you consider just having the two of you...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:54:54 PM
Author: Love2Travel
Hmm, didn''t think about it like that. Good point!

Another idea I had was to have 12 workers walk by and each drop off a rose. When the last one dropped the rose off is when I would propose.
I think this is a beautiful idea. I would however stress to the staff that they are to disappear immediately after the last rose is delivered to allow you time to do your thing. Good luck!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - too many people for me. Reminds me of the Verizon commercial with a horde of people around. For me it would be a no go. Keep it simple and intimate. Ask somebody to take pics afterwards. Or set up a video camera if you can hide it! Good luck!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 9:28:01 AM
Author: rob09
Sorry - too many people for me. Reminds me of the Verizon commercial with a horde of people around. For me it would be a no go. Keep it simple and intimate. Ask somebody to take pics afterwards. Or set up a video camera if you can hide it! Good luck!
Ditto. Might work for you and your girlfriend to have all those people involved, but I''d want something much more private and personal.

Not to be a downer, but you also might have trouble convincing 12 ''workers'' to do you a favour (that''s a lot of people, and if you are talking about waiters, they might not be keen to do it since they will have other tables to take care of), or it might turn out really expensive having to tip them all to help you out. Not sure it''d be worth the headache, and I think the less that can potentially go wrong, the better!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Since you asked - I would not want a bunch of strangers constantly stopping by because it would feel very interrupted for me. In fact, I'm not a fan of restaurant proposals generally but they do seem to be pretty popular. Keep brainstorming. You will come up with something perfect that fits for the two of you!

Edited to add - not paying attention to your post about the beach. Not a typical restaurant! What about picnic on the beach? Or walk on the beach with proposal then dinner where the staff already had a heads up/ champagne to celebrate?

A friend of mine got married on a lakefront with just a handful of people there but it was witnessed - unbeknowst to them - by a restaurant full of people with a window view of the lake. When they came in afterwards the entire restaurant gave them a standing ovation and brought out champagne and it was so sweet! It was just the two of them, two friends, the guy who married them and a VERY famous photographer.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it will be too difficult to get 11 staff members to participate in it. And tipping them won''t be tough (pesos!) lol.

wse

Rough_Rock
i think being subtle is always the best... the whole rose thing is a bit much and would probably leave her thinking.. uhh?

how about even having the dessert plate come out with a silver cover and the ring under? might be a cliche but definitely a lot more suave

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My daughter's FI proposed on a vacation that they were on with friends and one of the friends, who know what he was going to do videotaped the proposal. I think she just used a regular camera. It was nice because they have the visual although none of us can hear anything he said to her....we do get to see him get down on one knee and watch her reaction as she said said yes and fell onto his knee for a kiss and an embrace.

It is priceless for my daughter to have that visual reminder. So just an alternative option to a bunch of flashing cameras.

Perhaps you could have someone hit record on a camera that you slip them on the sly.
27.gif

Schell

Rough_Rock
I just proposed on the 4th. It was on the beach and I set up one of my good friends and his fiance on an adjacent cliff with my camera outfitted with my telephoto lens to photograph us. I decided to go for it because when they got engaged (a couple of months ago) they both mentioned that not having pictures was one thing they regretted is . It was not strange having someone there, and in fact, if I had it to do over, I wouldn''t have changed anything. We have some great pictures to remember the moment by, and my fiance (that sounds strange) didn''t know they were there, so it wasn''t strange at all. I had bigger things on my mind, so I didn''t care that they were there at all. After it was all over I told her that they were there, and she was excited to share the moment with them. They took off shortly thereafter. She was so excited that she exclaimed "I''m engaged" to several groups of total strangers while we walked up and down the beach so she could calm down.

Long story short - I would say leave the hotel workers out of it, but I wouldn''t throw out the idea of photographs all together just because it''s weird.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love both of your ideas! But ditto what the others said: Only you know what will and will not make her comfortable. Good luck!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 5:17:03 PM
Author: Love2Travel
I don''t think it will be too difficult to get 11 staff members to participate in it. And tipping them won''t be tough (pesos!) lol.
Unless you''re planning on going to some huge restaurant, you''re basically going to be putting the rest of the place on hold since 11 people would basically be the whole staff. They also might not really add to the romance if they get ticked that you''re throwing your money around to go pretty over the top by using 11 of them, instead of *your* waiter and the host or something.

*shrugs* You asked for opinions. Sorry, but it just seems showy for the sake of being showy, and kind of arrogant to buy a dozen or so strangers to help out. If there''s any aspect of it that''s really personal/significant to the two of you, I guess I must''ve missed that part.
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results