shape
carat
color
clarity

So has anyone purchased and use a ring wrapper? Let me know..

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my daughter is recently engaged and she works out at the gym! She puts her e-ring in her pocket!, and I’m like nooo..you’re gonna lose it! So she asked for a ring wrapper https://www.ringwrapper.com/ and I’m looking for posts and reviews on this thing and didn’t find much.
So has anyone purchased one and uses it? Can you let me know what you think? Does it work and how long does it lasts? If not, did you purchased something else can you let me know what? Auughhh. I can’t believe my daughter is doing this so I gotten order something for her quick!
-C4C

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My fitness activities usually involve gripping things - weights, racquets, etc. - and I'm not confident that those ring wrappers would prevent my rings from being bent out-of-round due to accidental force. That's what I worry about at the gym, and I leave my jewelry elsewhere.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think the safest place for a ring is if you sew a pocket with a velcro closure into the sports bra and keep it in there. It’s not really safe to wear jewelry on the fingers or around the neck in the gym. And gym lockers and even parked cars are targets for thieves.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she goes to the gym from home, she should leave any jewellery in its usual place.

If she goes straight from work... I think peacechick's idea is likely to be the safest option!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all congrats on your DD's engagement!
Second of all IMO the safest option is do not take any jewelry to the gym. Too much potential for disaster.

Third of all, may we pretty please see photos of your DD's ring?:appl:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @missy, no jewelry to the gym. I wouldn't trust that ring wrapper nor the ring holder necklace with valuable jewelry. I would use the ring holder necklace for a silver ring maybe, or a key, but not for the most valuable pieces of jewelry I own. I understand going to the gym straight from work and having limited options. Gyms around here have lockers that you can secure with your own lock, I invested in a heavy duty high security padlock like this one: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B009S5Y6ZS/ref=psdc_511386_t2_B00344SDTY

No one is coming to the gym with the equipment to get through that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooohh, love the ring too! I can understand her not wanting to take it off. My first choice would be to leave it at home and my second would be to wear it on a chain, if she has a rounded neck shirt that she can wear it under, so it won't get caught on anything. If she is wearing a tank or just a sports bra, it moving around leave it available to get caught on something. I would avoid that. Leaving it in a locker, even with a great lock, would always make me a bit nervous, but that may be just me.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure that the ring is covered on the home insurance policy or a separate policy, for ideally everything, including 'mysterious loss', or whatever the phrase is!

It's also a good idea to check out the small print, as some insurers are funny about when one leaves something unattended, even when locked away :rolleyes:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just leave it at home.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. Home is the best place. I don't baby my stuff a ton because I feel jewellery should be enjoyed and worn but the gym is a place I don't feel is safe for me to wear my jewellery. Degloving or however you spell it is a terrifying thing. I am terrified of my ring getting caught on something there and it happening to me.

That and the irritation of warping a shank while doing weights or knocking out my stone on a machine. I prefer to just leave my stuff at home for that particular activity. I used to wear a plain band for exersise but I don't even want to do that anymore lol.

A strong necklace like someone else said might work too. Although it depends on if she does a lot of workout lying on her chest and stomach or not. If she does that might be a bad idea too because it might get crushed or caught. In which case I'm not sure there is any really good idea that is not leaving it at home. I don't trust my car or locker to be safe either :/

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think the safest place for a ring is if you sew a pocket with a velcro closure into the sports bra and keep it in there. It’s not really safe to wear jewelry on the fingers or around the neck in the gym. And gym lockers and even parked cars are targets for thieves.

I like this idea best. Necklaces can be a hazard when working out and still put the ring at risk. You could even do a little ribbon to tie it in place in the pocket as an added layer of security against it falling out from the Velcro closed pocket.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results