shape
carat
color
clarity

So Far So Good, Thank you to Rich Sherwood,Robin & Todd(NICEICE), Lesly (Whiteflash)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wanted to start off by saying that the forum has been great. A great education so far, and a source of finding many different vendors who can supply quality good’s and Quality advice to consumers.

I’ll start with the beginning I wanted a nice ring for myself and decided I would spend the money and time putting together a really nice piece because after all it is going to be on my hand for the rest of my life. I decided to go with the style pictured. It will be holding 7 stones total. The setting is in 14K white gold and all the stones are gypsy set. The custom ring is being put together by Carol Ahern & Bob Brucker. Very friendly warm people with a passion for what they do. Check out some of the other custom items they have on their site (gorgeous)
www.nbizz.com/robbrucker/ I also included a pic of a similar ring but in two tone white gold/platinum. The only diff with mine is it will have sapphires on the side of the center stone & a diamond as the center stone instead of the emerald. This shot shows the accent stones on the side which the sapphire ring doesn’t show..

The stones for the ring & people helping:

The center stone is a .39 carat d/vs2 certified Eightstar Diamond. I decided to go with Eightstar and have not yet seen the stone, but am excited none the less. I will say during the whole process of my initial inquiry to my final email to the company I received return emails from Richard himself voicing his concerns and answering all my questions. The emails were not just business related, but very friendly in sharing a lot of conversation I don’t think you could deal with a warmer, more sincere person. Very friendly devoted businessman to say the least.

The 2 side stones will be sapphires which will accent the center diamond. My initial questions and concerns about what I should be looking for color wise and quality wise were voiced in an email to RICHARD SHERWOOD. Richard responded with a page long version of what I should be looking for based on my initial inquiries along with 3-4 different people and companies he knew in the industry who might be able to supply me with these stones along with emails of a couple of the individuals. Very helpful and friendly person who has a great sense of humor and loves what he does. Rich did all this free of charge and was very friendly in returning answers to all my inquiries about colored gems . GREAT GUY!!!

I decided since I do not know too much about colored stones I wanted some of the best small ones for the 2 x .20 carat 3.5 mm rounds I would need for this ring. I needed someone’s knowledge and experience to be my eyes during this purchase a broker. I contacted Robin & Todd of NICEICE.COM. They returned a couple emails to me, and we went back and forth with options and they voiced concerns which I relayed to the ring maker about the sapphires being heat treated. After reassurance from the ring designer I decided to go through with this. Robin & Todd are currently in the process of sourcing me some fine stones from Madagascar. I told them I really wasn’t concerned with the price I just gave them a description of what I was looking for color and intensity wise and they told me they would get on the horn and get some stones in to be looked at for final examination and give me their thoughts before my purchase. Robin & Todd have been great and I received an email from them today informing me the stones should be in by the end of the week!

There will be 4 diamonds which accent the band which lead up to each sapphire on both sides. I wanted some of the best little accent stones out there so I contacted Lesly of WHITFLASH and she quoted me prices on 4 x .10 carat d/e color vs2 or better clarity Hearts & Arrows stones. Very friendly and helpful with her return emails. I will be purchasing these stones Friday and can’t wait to receive them. Not a real big purchase, but she made me feel like a customer who was…..

Well this is just a preliminary outlook and I wanted to bring to light the people that are helping making this happen. Not just the vendors, but everyone involved..Thank You and I look forward to posting final pic’s When the ring is finished after I receive all the stones It should take about 4-6 week for the ring to be made.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif
16.gif

rita14.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heres another version with emeralds. I posted this pic because it displays the diamond side stones that will accent the sapphire ring pictured above these are .o6 diamonds mine will be .10 diamonds from whiteflash.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska

emerald.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Rich did all this free of charge
-----------

Now wait a minute, I just haven't billed you yet.

You owe me dinner and a sunset flight in your Cessna next time I'm up Alaska way...

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awesome ring, Josh congrats.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Josh...

It's a beautiful ring ...you'll be proud to wear
And I have a story I'd like to share.

You live in Alaska...I've been there too
On a trip I'll remember my whole life through!

We cruised in on a ship
I'm sure you've heard this before...
Saw glaciers and whales and so much more

It felt to me like the earth stopped there
What a breathtaking place...Beyond compare.

And though I've traveled near and far
I'd say you're quite lucky
To be where you are!

--heyjud

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 5/7/2003 10
6.gif
8:58 PM Heyjud wrote:

Josh...

It's a beautiful ring ...you'll be proud to wear
And I have a story I'd like to share.

You live in Alaska...I've been there too
On a trip I'll remember my whole life through!

We cruised in on a ship
I'm sure you've heard this before...
Saw glaciers and whales and so much more

It felt to me like the earth stopped there
What a breathtaking place...Beyond compare.

And though I've traveled near and far
I'd say you're quite lucky
To be where you are!

--heyjud

----------------

Heyjud-Hello. I have read thourgh other threads where you have expressed your poetic talents. Thank you for sharing such a warm verse...

-Josh In Sitka
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Thank you...Josh from Sitka
It's so nice to see
That you have read my poetry.

I've been writing them for many a year
It helps the thoughts in my head stay clear!

And some of the best that I ever wrote
We're there.....in Alaska
On that GREAT BIG BOAT !

all the best..
heyjud

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks very awesome Josh. Thanks for sharing that with us!
1.gif
I think Whiteflash is one of the only places that sells super ideals that small. Are they all certed too?

HeyJud (a favorite song of mine) I've been meaning to tell you I appreciate your poetry. It brings a smile to my face each time.
1.gif

Kind regards,
Rhino

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The ring is/will be GORGEOUS!!!
love.gif

I'm jealous, Josh. You got 2 poems from HeyJud!
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Josh
And also PQ...
I enjoy every moment
Of rhyming here too!

What could be more poetic
Then diamonds that glow
Their fire and sparkle
Inspire me so !!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Josh that ring is amazing!!!!

I am emailing Lesley myself to try to get specs and pricing on having my wed ring made with ACA stones. Keeping fingers crossed.

2.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich did all this free of charge
-----------

Now wait a minute, I just haven't billed you yet.

You owe me dinner and a sunset flight in your Cessna next time I'm up Alaska way...

Rich, Independent GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This sounds like a romantic proposal - watch out Josh! Heheheehe!!!
naughty.gif
eek.gif
love.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
-----------

Nahhhh, he's not my type. I like cute blonde dancin girl types.

Wanna go to Alaska?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 5/8/2003 5:41:47 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:
-----------
-----------

Nahhhh, he's not my type. I like cute blonde dancin girl types.

Wanna go to Alaska?

----------------
Hi dancin Girl-Even if I was interested in Rich, I'm not into older guys. Lol...lol...
2.gif

-Josh In Sitka

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
DOH!!!
eek.gif

I'm just gonna shut my mouth now...
rolleyes.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just wanted to post the pictures of the sapphires Robin and Todd photographed of the 2 x .20 carat stones they got for me sourced from madagascar. Beautiful...I can't wait to get these in my hands and both Robin and Todd have been very accomodating in answering any questions I had.

I also should be getting the 4 x .10 carat stones from whiteflash which I will post pic's of as soon as they arrive. Thanks Again to Robin And Todd for the pic's.

-Josh In Sitka
9.gif

madagascar_blues.JPG

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
For the record, we just want to state that the sapphires pictured above average 3.5 mm in diameter and that the actual tonal value of the sapphires is just a hint darker than they appear here... We're not exactly great at lighting gemstones for pictures and there are variances in the calibration of computer monitors to take into account... That said, we think they're beautiful!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's going to be incredible. Congratulations!

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rhino,

I know that Canadia also offers small diamonds in AGS0 proportions. They do not come with a AGSDQD but a GEM report, a NWT certificate, and a Gemprint.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just wanted to again update evryone that I received my 4 x .10 carat A CUT ABOVE BRAND hearts & Arrows accent stones today via fed-ex. Really really bright stones. I tried to make out the star pattern in the light and it was quite impossible because of the size of the stones and the light being reflected off those little buggers. I brought them inside my living room and closed the blinds ever so much to let a little dim light in and held the stones in my hand again and low and behold a perfect star pattern. It took me a while to focus on the stones because they were so small, but as soon as my eyes became used to the light I could see the pattern clearly. I can't say enough about these little buggers and the lights just don't go out when moving them around in my hands. I can't say enough about Lesley and Whiteflash and the service.

Lesley, I would like to receive my hearts and arrows viewer which you promised me though which didn't come with the package.
9.gif

-Josh in Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys with your ACA stones are really tempting me.
2.gif
Would love to see pix Scorp...of the small .10 stones.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh Mara..Grab that .20 carat stone before I have to stop sitting on my hands and grab it myself. I'll try to get some pics of these little buggers...
9.gif

-Josh In Sitka
16.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Josh:

Pleased you love the diamonds. I'll look into why your kit wasn't included and you can be assured that it will be FEDEXed out today.

Can't wait to see the finsihed ring
twirl.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results